Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Hawken - Indie Mech Game - Now F2P and On Steam  (Read 22410 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hawken - Indie Mech Game - Beta Signups Open, referrals for ALL!
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2013, 03:25:24 pm »

This game looks really good, and it's for fucking free
Make love not war

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2013, 03:30:40 pm »

So I bought the Berzerker for the points I earned.
Was kind of dificult until I got it leveled up, bought a stronger gun and armor piercing round passive device.
So far, I seem to function best in a group than alone.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2013, 03:42:18 pm »

I forget what it's called.  The bottom mech available.  It's got 'fortified turret' special ability that allows gradual armor regen.  Things like that can rip apart the enemy.  Find a chokehold, plant a turret, sit beside it and throw fire as the turret rains suppression.  If there's a smart technician it can be glorious.

Works entirely too well on Siege, and on Missile Defense to a lesser extent.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2013, 08:42:05 am »

Arise, minion.

This game looks interesting.
Does it take a good computer to play?
Do people still play, or is the game empty now?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2014, 01:14:21 pm »

*looks at date*
*looks at hawken page*

Guess they haven't unlocked it yet.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »

Yep, it's available now.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2014, 01:01:53 pm »

Has the game been optimized at all recently? I tried playing it a few months ago but couldn't because it ran like crap on my PC.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2014, 01:10:04 pm »

As it looks to me, it looks like they replaced the very fancy cockpit with a simpler one that seems to run much faster, and uses a few bars.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

I was apprehensive at first, but after playing it and seeing that the mechs were much more graceful and fast than I expected from their bodytype I think I like this.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2014, 01:39:49 pm »

Has the game been optimized at all recently? I tried playing it a few months ago but couldn't because it ran like crap on my PC.

I'm running it on high on 1920x1080 and getting around 60 FPS (above most of the time, dipping to 55ish sometimes), with a GTX 460, an i5-750, and 4 GB of RAM (so definitely not a super gaming rig).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2014, 01:50:58 pm »

It runs fairly smoothly for me as well. (Radeon R7, 4gb ram, amd x4-750k)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2014, 12:05:04 am »

So after Hawken switched to Steam recently I gave it a shot again. So many new mechs since beta. So many shiny new mechs to try. So many changes to the UI. Much wow.

There seems to be a big difficulty curve between matchmaking. First couple games I cleaned house with the standard recruit mech. Level 10 pilot now and games are much closer and balanced. Coincidentally, my skill has plummeted when faced with competent resistance.

Or maybe my mech just sucks. "Try the raider," I said. "It's got an explosive launcher that can act like a shotgun! it's got a flak shotgun with ricocheting bullets!" It's also got really slow secondary attack and overheats like something that really overheats fast. I knew I should've stuck with the berserker, and now I can't afford it.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2014, 07:36:49 pm »

I recently fought in a team deathmatch missiles game against two other raiders on the other team, both of them performed fairly well. They certainly outperformed me.

I think raider is viable, it's just really dependent on aim and landing your corsair shots. The secondary is really essential to fights and missing shots with such a slow fire rate can make or break you against a mech with tow launchers or machine guns. Usually if I missed a corsair shot or two I lost the fight, if I landed the shots I won because corsair can be pretty powerful. Also closing the distance and being good at close combat-which I'm not-- is required, because raider pretty much only has close combat weapons. The reflak's ricochet is useful, missed shots can ricochet back and make up for the miss. It's also surprisingly effective against heavies in fortified mode; shoot the wall they have their back against and pelt their weak spot. Team composition and objectives also effected my performance, if the enemy team kept together and focused on killing rather than an objective it was harder for me to flank enemies and usually I'd just stick with my own team and attack head on.

I'm gonna try to upgrade my graphics card at some point, I'd imagine the better FPS will improve my aim and movement. The game still runs waaay better than beta, don't know how I could play during beta testing. The game could run even better though, and I'd love to see nicer graphics than "low" setting.

Anyway, probably will try a grenadier or scout, maybe predator. Grenadier because I love projectiles, and scout because I love being fast and the raider's flak shotties grew on me. Predator seems interesting because of the cloak ability, and the whole "mine trap" utility sounds like fun.

Now I just have to save up the hawken points.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2014, 09:20:01 pm »

I've been playing Rocketeer. The first game I palyed with it, I killed the everything. All of it. (not including allies)
Since then, I've gotten a hell of a lot of hellfire rocket-related assists, but only occasionally do i get a kill outright. It feels like I'm missing something about the mech.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2014, 09:44:22 pm »

As soon as I figured out how to play the Reaper I was at the top of the leaderboards several times.

I like this game. I feel like it takes too long to get money sometimes, but meh.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16