Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Dragon Age 2 Warning  (Read 16486 times)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age 2 Warning
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2011, 11:51:34 pm »

I would like to be a Qun. They are just.... likable. And it seems a lot more like what communism (Which I think is ideal if done right.) should be.
Yeah, while Qunari society as a concept is a kind of horrific, xenophobic, expansionist meatgrinder of a system they seem like pretty good folks on an individual basis.
... and then it explodes!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2011, 02:58:08 am »

Question,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just out of curiousity since I still haven't completely finished my first run through, I stall and go do lots of side quests, yet. I'm on act three.
As a side note though.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2011, 03:01:09 am »

I always thought the Qun were meant to be like Militarist Islam. I don't really get the whole socalist/communist vibe from them at all.

I have to say I liked Sten though. While all other characters in Dragonage: Orgins seemed to come off as a bit on the cliche side, I could never really figure Sten out.

Ironically enough, he came across as the most humans due to his flaws and (at times) conflicting morals.
His flaws weren't over played too much either, unlike a certain Alistar. Bioware has this strange new thing where they need one whiney little bitch boy in every series.

Offtopic:
BIOWARE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if you're going to have a whiney girly man in the party do not make it part of the plot, and let me gut them where they stand, Baldur's Gate let me do it.
Dragging around Alistar/Kaidan in ME/DA:O was torture, I'm trying to save the world not listen to your problems about how women don't like your whiney arse.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2011, 03:07:47 am »

DAO was worse about it, you could completely ignore Kaiden after you grab Garrus or Wrex. Alistar, though he was amuseing atleast when he wasn't whineing, on the otherhand is all over the place. Sten is my favorate companion from DAO, bar none.....well besides Dog, but that's obvious. The "Secret Companion"(do I even need to hide this anymore) was also a good character if you talk to him enough. Varric is the best companion in DA2 bar none, the rest of the male companions suck. Fenris whines and wants all mages dead, Anders whines way WAY too much about mages, and Carver is a fucking D-bag with an inferiority complex. The female companions aren't as bad, though they have their problems, esspecially Isabela, I swear I wanted to freaking gut her when I found out what her 'relic' was.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:46 am »

Offtopic:
BIOWARE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if you're going to have a whiney girly man in the party do not make it part of the plot, and let me gut them where they stand, Baldur's Gate let me do it.
Dragging around Alistar/Kaidan in ME/DA:O was torture, I'm trying to save the world not listen to your problems about how women don't like your whiney arse.
Strangely enough, the voice actor of the whiny girl men in ME and KOTOR was the same, wasn't it? At least in KOTOR you could kill the bastard.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2011, 03:21:58 am »

Offtopic:

When I first met Kaidan, I went "CARTH! SPY! SPY! THE BIOTIC IS A SPAH!" From that point on, he repeatedly proved himself a terrible team member until I stopped bringing him on missions (and then had him killed). There was no further need for him once Liara joined - From that point on, the mission team consisted of Liara, Tali, and Ashley for 80-90% of the remaining missions.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2011, 03:25:24 am »

I won't even bring up my raw undieing hatred for ashley just to say this, why did you need Liara to replace Kaiden? Wrex could use biotics and is both awesome as a character and a damn effective teamate.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2011, 03:29:26 am »

DAO was worse about it, you could completely ignore Kaiden after you grab Garrus or Wrex. Alistar, though he was amuseing atleast when he wasn't whineing, on the otherhand is all over the place. Sten is my favorate companion from DAO, bar none.....well besides Dog, but that's obvious. The "Secret Companion"(do I even need to hide this anymore) was also a good character if you talk to him enough. Varric is the best companion in DA2 bar none, the rest of the male companions suck. Fenris whines and wants all mages dead, Anders whines way WAY too much about mages, and Carver is a fucking D-bag with an inferiority complex. The female companions aren't as bad, though they have their problems, esspecially Isabela, I swear I wanted to freaking gut her when I found out what her 'relic' was.

Holy fucking Christ, there are no words to express how much I agree with you. I enjoyed DA2 despite my first impressions but the companions felt so restricting. The companion classes felt EXTREMELY restricting as well. There were a bunch of 'little points' in the game that seemed to have been blown off, or assigned very little importance.. because they were horrible. Yet they all turned out to bug the hell out of me.

Oh, and just to get it off my chest.. I really hate the voice actor for Alistair in DAO. Or rather, I hate his voice.. and the characters he voice acts give his voice no credit either. I just want to rip his throat out.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:30:58 am by debvon »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2011, 03:31:24 am »

I won't even bring up my raw undieing hatred for ashley just to say this, why did you need Liara to replace Kaiden? Wrex could use biotics and is both awesome as a character and a damn effective teamate.
Who even needs biotics? Though I really wish I could get rid of companions as I chose, I'm the captain of the damn ship. Why can't I leave both ashley and kaidan to die? Why do I have to let a psychotic ex-convict live in my hold? If Bioware returns to being able to kill anyone you have the ability to I'd enjoy the game a lot more. In DA:O and DA2, there were several times where npcs said shit that made me outright attack them before realizing that I couldn't.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2011, 03:35:44 am »

Who even needs biotics? Though I really wish I could get rid of companions as I chose, I'm the captain of the damn ship. Why can't I leave both ashley and kaidan to die? Why do I have to let a psychotic ex-convict live in my hold? If Bioware returns to being able to kill anyone you have the ability to I'd enjoy the game a lot more. In DA:O and DA2, there were several times where npcs said shit that made me outright attack them before realizing that I couldn't.
I'd rather have a whiny biotic on my ship than a bigot, and I can use the psychotic ex-convict as cannon fodder. So for me personilly it fits, I understand the anger though. But remember, besides for 2 people in DAO you can piss off all your companions enough to make them fight you to the death. DA2, I'm not too sure yet.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2011, 03:42:57 am »

If Bioware returns to being able to kill anyone you have the ability to I'd enjoy the game a lot more. In DA:O and DA2, there were several times where npcs said shit that made me outright attack them before realizing that I couldn't.

Can't agree any more with this. Killing anyone in Baldur's Gate was just awesome.

Pickpocket taken your money? Then stab the bastard and take back what's your's.
Stupid NPC keeps saying the same dialouge? Stab it 'till it can't.
Sick of Garion telling you where to go? Attack him. Get a Lighting Bolt up your arse and die.
Sick of Khalid being Khalid? Kill the fool. Resurrect the fool. Kill him again. Resurrect him. CHUNK HIM INTO PEICES WITH MINSC.

DLC for Dragonage 2: The KILL EVERYONE expansion ... I'd buy it.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:01 am »

Who wouldn't buy that DLC for ANY game period? People have fun just going nuts sometimes, and people have fun killing companions who honestly infuriate them to the point of pointy(or firey in the case of mages) death. Though with such a DLC I would like the chance to 'make peace', with said victem being angry as hell. You know, just smash Anders face once or twice when he gets really whiny, it will piss him off, but he won't die perminately and can keep being your healbitch.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2011, 03:51:04 am »

I'd rather have a whiny biotic on my ship than a bigot, and I can use the psychotic ex-convict as cannon fodder. So for me personilly it fits, I understand the anger though. But remember, besides for 2 people in DAO you can piss off all your companions enough to make them fight you to the death. DA2, I'm not too sure yet.
In DA2 you can't, though possibly at the end of the game. Pissing off companions makes them your rival, and you could piss off every companion and everybody stick around, giving you bonuses with their rivalry.
I did like it when, at the end of the game, I
though.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2011, 03:53:33 am »

Question,
Just out of curiousity since I still haven't completely finished my first run through, I stall and go do lots of side quests, yet. I'm on act three.
As a side note though.
Just incase people missed them, I'm honestly curious here.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2011, 03:58:58 am »

Question,
As a side note though.
Just incase people missed them, I'm honestly curious here.
For the first one, I believe I didn't do so, and just fought him one on one. I don't think it changes things a whole lot.
For the second, I believe that it's an option when choosing between templar and mage at some point, though I think it's dependent on a lot of things that I'm unaware of, since I never saw the option myself.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11