Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Dragon Age 2 Warning  (Read 16525 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age 2 Warning
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2011, 03:06:24 pm »

"and other unneeded content which confuses players"

They must be taking us for idiots.
*points at how many FPS clones theres compared to other games*

On topic, DA2 apparently has SecuROM in some versions. Oh well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 06:29:19 pm »

Apperently the ban has been revoked now: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/11/ea-retracts-game-ban-for-forum-violation/

EA says it was a mistake. I call bullshit.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »

Apperently the ban has been revoked now: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/11/ea-retracts-game-ban-for-forum-violation/

Heh, it was a mistake all right. ;) They're just now realising it, is all.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2011, 06:57:13 pm »

I've got to hand it to RPS here: their background is plastered with Dragon Age 2 advertisements, but they still, albeit diplomatically, report on things that don't put EA/BioWare in the best of light.

And I'm agreeing on this being bullshit. That moderator basically confirmed that this wasn't an innocent mistake, but was, in fact, written policy.

Too late, EA. You thought you could punish the dissent by silencing the rabble and taking away their game access, but the Internet saw it all and was not pleased.

Still waiting to see what they say about SecuROM.

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »

Damn this game is fun I'm 21 hours in, I just finished the expedition and...the amount of quests just exploded again. They are fun too!

And I find combat to be very fun, it's the best part of the game actually. I played original DA with nightmare (on 2nd play-through), and now I find some fights challenging on normal! It may be just that I only control my own character and let rest do their own thing (mostly, not always), but still.

I'm an elemental/force mage and it's fun fun fun to just throw enemies around like rag dolls. Gravitic Ring to slow down boss, telecinetic burst to get rid of enemies that try to hug me, throw down firestorm on clusters of enemies, blow them apart with fireball, enemies get close again, cone of cold them and use pull of the abyss combined with any of the above, or fist of the maker.. also choosing force mage eliminated the extremely annoying interruptions and knock-backs caused by enemy melee.

I guess key to liking DA2 is choosing the right class for you and choosing your skills very carefully. I liked healing in DA1, but in DA2 I had to restart the game when I took too many healing things and realized it didn't work for me. I don't even notice the "repeating environments" because I'm having too much fun with combat and the unique quests that don't get boring (for me). Also, I like dialog even tho there is too little of that with my own teammates (well, less than I'd like).

After my 1st playtrough, I guess I'll choose a rogue instead of a mage, turn up the difficulty and actually start to micromanage the team.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:42:58 pm by Mandaril »
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2011, 11:07:29 pm »

I just beat this game and I had a -lot- of fun. Took me about 30 hours as a mage, and now I'm left with a burning desire to play the other two classes. I'm surprised by how -different- the game can be depending on the choices you make.

One thing I liked was how they implemented your "family". Bethany and Carver were actually likable! I actually felt bad when your mother reprimands you for putting your siblings in danger.

All in all, the experience in DA2 feels a lot more intimate and personal. I don't have to worry about my ultimate destiny and/or surviving it (as in DA:O). I just wish the conversation choices weren't so ambiguous... Anytime I said something, Aveline would take the wrong way. She still ended up being my friend, but gods, the woman is a hard-headed bitch.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12:33 pm »

Well what did you expect of someone who married a bloody templar? For them to be kind and loveing and free of rules and restrictions? I don't have the game myself yet but been watching some Blind(obviously) LPs of it, it seems fun and enjoyable.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2011, 11:18:07 pm »

I was wondering why one of my Xbox Live friends stopped playing DA2 and went beack to playing DAO. Now I know.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2011, 11:23:38 pm »

Well what did you expect of someone who married a bloody templar? For them to be kind and loveing and free of rules and restrictions? I don't have the game myself yet but been watching some Blind(obviously) LPs of it, it seems fun and enjoyable.

She's a great character, and she has great lines. It's just, if you try to be nice to her, it usually gives her rivalry instead. I should've been more abusive towards her. She is a masochist warrior after all.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2011, 01:17:41 am »

I have to say I loved the game, and beat it after 30 hours as an archer Rogue. The Dialogue was good, and I personally love the ME style conversation ring, and I felt immersed enough to feel regret over actions, all kinds of "What if I'd..., maybe they'd still be alive.." The combat was interesting, while cross-class combos weren't as useful as I expected I could choose between planning tactically or just pressing R. Also, the tactics system still works well and prevents need for micromanagement.

I do have a few complaints though, in order of importance:
- It can't be that hard to actually vary the instances, can it? I was sick of seeing the same cave instance after the third time, and the same exact warehouses kind of thing, god damn.
- Some of the dialogue choices are deceptive in what the Champion will actually say. For instance, "Give me the gem." Translates into "I only care about the gem, don't trouble me with your silly problems and go die in a fire."
- It's kind of short, I don't honestly remember how long I spent on the original because I played it what feels like forever ago. However, I'm satisfied with 30 hours of gameplay since, well, that's like 10 movies, or 60 episodes of a show, or whatever you want.

One thing that irks me about this thread, though, is pretty simple. The game came out on the 8th, and on the 10th people have finished the game stating that it was an excruciating experience, while the game is 20-30 hours long. Normally, you really shouldn't spend more than a third of your day on doing something you're not enjoying, just sayin'.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2011, 01:31:06 am »

I have to say I loved the game, and beat it after 30 hours as an archer Rogue. The Dialogue was good, and I personally love the ME style conversation ring, and I felt immersed enough to feel regret over actions, all kinds of "What if I'd..., maybe they'd still be alive.." The combat was interesting, while cross-class combos weren't as useful as I expected I could choose between planning tactically or just pressing R. Also, the tactics system still works well and prevents need for micromanagement.

I do have a few complaints though, in order of importance:
- It can't be that hard to actually vary the instances, can it? I was sick of seeing the same cave instance after the third time, and the same exact warehouses kind of thing, god damn.
- Some of the dialogue choices are deceptive in what the Champion will actually say. For instance, "Give me the gem." Translates into "I only care about the gem, don't trouble me with your silly problems and go die in a fire."
- It's kind of short, I don't honestly remember how long I spent on the original because I played it what feels like forever ago. However, I'm satisfied with 30 hours of gameplay since, well, that's like 10 movies, or 60 episodes of a show, or whatever you want.

One thing that irks me about this thread, though, is pretty simple. The game came out on the 8th, and on the 10th people have finished the game stating that it was an excruciating experience, while the game is 20-30 hours long. Normally, you really shouldn't spend more than a third of your day on doing something you're not enjoying, just sayin'.
The game out long before the 8th for me.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2011, 08:19:46 am »

What.The.HELL. I guess 'acquiring' EA's games would be doing a favor, not causing mischief.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2011, 11:29:27 am »

Heh, this topic has quite a sad atmosphere. How about we stop bitching how it's not a RPG anymore and discuss something cool or ask questions? Oh well, I guess there's nothing to ask about, everything is too simple :P.

But yeah, it's a nice action.
From Mandaril
Yep, it can be really fun if you don't expect it to be Dragon Age 2, and I am glad that there're people who still enjoy it :). It's just not a fine adventure rpg with puzzles and quests, it's a pure action with some funky story.

What.The.HELL. I guess 'acquiring' EA's games would be doing a favor, not causing mischief.
Well, that's what I do when I don't think that I am going to replay game a lot or don't have a lot of respect to the developer, like to Bioware nowadays. I guess it's okay :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »

I actually liked how the story wasn't focused on saving the world against the obvious enemy and was more like a personal adventure.
To me, the characters (though  2 dimentional) and story was better than that in DAO.
Most of the characters in DAO resemble characters in earlier Bioware games (ME, KOTOR, JE). DA2 doesn't suffer from that. My only complaint is that it's short. That's all. If it was longer I would call it way much better than DAO.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2011, 12:55:24 pm »

So the verdict is Good if you judge it on its own merits, bad if you compare it to its older brother?

Hmm.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11