Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You Are Not A Common Thief- Daimyo Yoriku Matsumiya  (Read 1848 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
You Are Not A Common Thief- Daimyo Yoriku Matsumiya
« on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:32 am »

Well, once again, in spite of numerous (very good, not to toot my own horn) role-playing games I've ended up too busy or lazy to keep updating, I've got the urge for some hosting again. Unlike usual, this one'll be a text adventure- which means I write for one "player", not five or six, all while more people get a chance to participate. I'll assume you all know the good old text adventure format- basically, everyone suggests commands for the character(s). If the rules need to be elaborated, it'll happen in paragraphs before the opening title, like this one.

PROLOGUE
Date Unknown

You, whoever you are, are destined for thievery. You don't know it, but it's in your ancestry. You've excellent physical and mental faculties, but you don't have the attitude for a day-to-day job. You have inherited wealth considerable enough to facilitate the most elaborate of schemes, but you don't know any better way to invest it, and left to your own devices for too long you would probably squander your wealth. You have something of a vice... stronger than alcohol, but nobler you think. Against all better judgment you...

A) are something of a peacock, flaunting your wealth in extravagant parties, fine dining and absurd luxuries- everything you do has to be dramatic and up to social code...
B) are a philanthropist, using even ill-gotten money for the good of the poor- beggars are your friends and you would never harm an innocent...
C) OTHER

and you wouldn't have it any other way. With your wealth and eccentricity, you've grown restless. Now, in...

A) your office in Chicago, 1924
B) your family-house in Feudal Japan
C) your mansion outside Seattle, 2014
D) your spacecraft, orbiting Ceti Alpha-7
E) your house in Rome, 300 BC
F) your London home, 1889
G) OTHER

you've met with a few of your closest friends. You've decided that it's time to make your mark. Your name is _________. And the world is going to know it! Unless you don't want them to.
--------------
Alright- let's make a character, everybody! I'll reveal more details as things get rolling.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:17:01 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Not A Common Thief- Pregame
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:34:03 am »

B
D
Charles.
lets do this.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:38:16 am »

A: Socialite Thief (Money, money, money...)
C: Seattle 2014 (I hope it's dystopian!)
Sebastian Grahm (Come on, that name just oozes with Rich Jerkness.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:38:59 am »

Date Unknown

You, whoever you are, are destined for thievery. You don't know it, but it's in your ancestry. You've excellent physical and mental faculties, but you don't have the attitude for a day-to-day job. You have inherited wealth considerable enough to facilitate the most elaborate of schemes, but you don't know any better way to invest it, and left to your own devices for too long you would probably squander your wealth. You have something of a vice... stronger than alcohol, but nobler you think. Against all better judgment you...

A) are something of a peacock, flaunting your wealth in extravagant parties, fine dining and absurd luxuries- everything you do has to be dramatic and up to social code...

and you wouldn't have it any other way. With your wealth and eccentricity, you've grown restless. Now, in...

B) your family-house in Feudal Japan

you've met with a few of your closest friends. You've decided that it's time to make your mark. Your name is Yoriku. And the world is going to know it! Unless you don't want them to.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:42:23 am »

I vote A. and E. Name, I don't much care.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 12:43:57 am »

C: You are an incredibly dashing con-artist, but you do not go flaunting your wealth around like one of those capitalist vagrants.

G: So far, you have always remembered living in Birmingham, or was it Aberystwyth? Most likely Birmingham, chaps. After all, it had those nice old rich vagrants, especially this year, 1904.

Your name is...
Steve Carrel?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:55:00 am »

C: You are an incredibly dashing con-artist, but you do not go flaunting your wealth around like one of those capitalist vagrants.
A communartist?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:56:06 am »

That...
That's actually right on the spot.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 01:00:27 am »

So, so far we've got:
-A philanthropist thief living in space.
-A rich jerk thief living in Future-Seattle.
-A rich man (and thief) in Feudal Japan.
-A rich communartist thief who's also a Posh English Gentleman in the early 20th century.
-A rich True Roman thief living in the Roman Empire.

This is going to be the best text game ever, no matter who we choose.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:10:44 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 01:07:21 am »

I do enjoy making what I can of absurd scenarios. Maybe I should have just themed the whole thing around being a serious version of Half Life: Full Life Consequences.

...anyway, just for the record, 2014 = contemporary but I don't have to double check my computer facts.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 02:39:34 am »

B
B
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 04:00:24 am »

You know, stealing wealth is all and good in itself, but why not do it with some flair and style while we are at it?

A rich communartist thief who's also a Posh English Gentleman in the early 20th century.

This fits the bill perfectly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 12:34:45 pm »

A
B

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:03:19 pm »

I vote A. and E. Name, I don't much care.

I second this although name could be Romulous Maximus

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 02:14:58 pm »

Chicago, 1924

You, whoever you are, are destined for thievery. You don't know it, but it's in your ancestry. You've excellent physical and mental faculties, but you don't have the attitude for a day-to-day job. You have inherited wealth considerable enough to facilitate the most elaborate of schemes, but you don't know any better way to invest it, and left to your own devices for too long you would probably squander your wealth. You have something of a vice... stronger than alcohol, but nobler you think. Against all better judgment you are a private eye who steals valuable artifacts from clients and sells it on the black market (C), and you wouldn't have it any other way. With your wealth and eccentricity, you've grown restless. Now, in your office in Chicago, (A) you've met with a few of your closest friends. You've decided that it's time to make your mark. Your name is Tracer Bullet. And the world is going to know it! Unless you don't want them to.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: [1] 2