Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Silverfires (.25 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)  (Read 13565 times)

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silverfires (.21 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2011, 08:15:23 am »

From the personal diary of 'AbuDhabi' Dodokbasen, the Whirling Deification of Tar

1st Moonstone 129
The moody dwarf has begun construction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

6th Moonstone 129
The dwarf has finished her work. It is beautiful - but I will not wield it. The axe is my weapon.

12th Opal 129
It is calm. No sign of the dwarven merchants from the Mountainhomes. Were they chanced upon by the goblin marauders who so briefly sieged us?

1st Obsidian 129
This is the last month of my tenure as the Overseer of Silverfires. My training is also complete. I don't think I can get better. I am all that a dwarven warrior could hope to be. The shrine can't improve me anymore, so I'm restationing myself at the gates, to stand vigil with the regular military. They're well-equipped and moderately competent by now. Their veterancy has significantly improved their skills - and broke some limbs - and the adamantine armour coming out of the magma forges further improves their survival chances.

28th Obsidian 129
I dropped by the mayor's office this morning, and reminded him that my Overseership is up as of the first day of the new year. With my message delivered, I returned to my post. I have done adequately, I think, and have no regrets. I only hope the new Overseer will direct me to more slaughter, so I may smile again.

---

There it is, guys, the end of my turn. The fort is in pretty good shape, all told. I've improved security with the new wall, completed the aqueduct (albeit didn't add any mechanical power to it), irrigated the indoor farms, built a mini-Danger Room, redesigned the magma workshops so stuff from the magma sea can't get in, fended off a goblin siege, processed some adamantine into military equipment, sextupled the fortress' created wealth and lost over 20 dwarves, including several named ones. The fortress is pretty well stocked on booze and food. We have a Legendary Weaponsmith on hand, too, which is fairly awesome.

Spoiler: Stocks (click to show/hide)

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4020

PS: Are we going to update to 0.31.22?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:52:15 am by AbuDhabi »

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2011, 11:31:43 am »

b1rd, are you ready or do you want to wait another turn and let Rushmik go?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

b1rd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2011, 02:43:47 pm »

Go Rushmik! Last paper is due monday :-[

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2011, 03:36:03 pm »

What'll happen if we update to .22? I don't have much experience with upgrading running fortresses.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2011, 03:38:13 pm »

Simple - you take the save, and try running it in the new version. If it doesn't immediately blow up, it's probably safe, but we don't know much about what bugs the new version introduces (aside from the one that causes endless dentistry and hypochondriac dwarves, which I have discovered just minutes ago). I like very much that it fixes the infinite large pot bug and a bunch of minor ones.

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2011, 08:34:23 pm »

If possible, I'd like to get in on this. I'll be out of town until April 3rd, so just scoot me back if you need to. Note that I have never done this before; safety not guaranteed.

Also would like to be dorfed. Name "Vandersleld", occupation any, preferably antisocial.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2011, 09:20:49 pm »

Rushmik reporting for duty! I'll take a look around when I get back from work.

I haven't been following this thread to be honest, so it should make for an interesting story lol.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2011, 11:25:05 pm »

Just remember the dwarven way: when in doubt, kill it and/or make booze out of it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2011, 02:48:50 am »

Rushmik reporting for duty! I'll take a look around when I get back from work.

I haven't been following this thread to be honest, so it should make for an interesting story lol.

My last post includes a TL;DR of my reign. When in doubt, use the function keys to get around. This fortress is a confusing mess to navigate.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2011, 08:32:17 am »

Journal of Rushmik Ingishoddom, 130

I'd heard little of the fortress of Silverfires. Early this morning I arrived at their goblin green drawbridge, greeted by a small group of what I can only imagine is the militia. My first memory of Silverfires will always be the stench of miasma as I strolled inside the fortifications. Corpses; goblins and all else, had been stacked higher than the walls on either side of the path into the hills. Something would have to be done about that.

In fact, the whole exterior of this place is a stinking mess, protected by a stone wall I bet I could jump over. It's a shame my first memory will be so sour, but I'm now determined to make it a pleasant one for any migrant or caravan that finds these walls.

I mean no offense of course, as this is all in-character. ;D
This is just a prologue as I gain my bearings. I won't be starting anything tonight, but should be done with my year by the end of the weekend.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:37 pm »

If possible, I'd like to get in on this. I'll be out of town until April 3rd, so just scoot me back if you need to. Note that I have never done this before; safety not guaranteed.

You got it.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2011, 11:43:45 pm »

Journal of Rushmik Ingishoddom; Spring, 130

I can see that the goblins have taken to throwing themselves at the wall of Silverfires, and the mortar has began to crack. This pitiful fence would need serious help. After a short meeting with the masons, sharing my blueprints with them, I sent them off.

That gripe aside, I could now focus on more pressing matters: exterior design ~! Silverfires was seriously lacking anything memorable, and this would be the year that would change. Another meeting with the architects and our plans were set. I'm still unsure about the timeline, but I predict we can complete my project by the end of winter. I ordered all granite and silver bars to be stacked outside to speed up the process. I also had the miners dig a pit for all these rotting corpses.

A dwarf asked me in passing what the rest of the fort should be focussing on. I told him that all efforts this year will go towards the construction of my project, and anything else will only be to sustain the fort. I also told him to raise the drawbridge and seal us in - we didn't need any interruptions of the goblin kind.

Then he his irises dilated and he ran off, murmuring to himself. I hope it's not something in the water.

That dwarf - Babylon, I think he's called - has been demanding bones all this month. I organised a rabbit to be butchered, but he was not satisfied. Today he finally cracked.

He was soon incapacitated though, and the military showed no mercy.

It's a shame really. I'm sure his "masterpiece" would have been quickly overshadowed by my own, though. He had chosen to resort to violence, and he was payed back with violence. Enough said.

Oh, an elven caravan also arrived. I had the bridge lowered and let them in. It's a shame our constructions weren't complete yet, but they looked impressed nonetheless. I suppose it doesn't take much to impress someone who lives under a tree. I bought a few things that caught my eye; namely a black bear, two wolves and their booze.

Spring has ended, and with it the snowfall. Progress has been much greater than expected, and we may well be finished by the end of summer. Here are a few etchings of our progress:

Spoiler: Ogreseer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stonesense (click to show/hide)

Nothing exciting really, just a lot of construction. :P
Oh, and the failed mood was at a crafts workshop, so no huge loss.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:41:39 am by Rushmik »

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2011, 02:53:55 am »

Your screenshot from Stonesense is the same one as Ogreseer.

(no date given)
The new Overseer seems craven. He may have been pragmatic about sealing us in as a matter of new standard operating procedure, but when the elves came, he traded with them rather than ordering them slain. If he didn't have a penchant for construction, I'd have said there was elven blood in those veins. I will patiently wait until the goblins gather their courage and attack again before casting final judgment.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2011, 03:42:14 am »

Aha - fixed.

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2011, 09:44:37 am »

mamboricua's dwarf has been struck down

. . . Meanwhile In Hell . . .

Me! Manboricua the great . . . struck . . . struck . . . Struck down! Shall the pure dwarven blood of god Armok revive me, and this time, assign me a full set of adamantine armor with a magnificient steel spear, otherwise, keep me in this hellish madness to rot in hell forever.

Loving life every second
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17