Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Silverfires (.25 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)  (Read 13560 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Silverfires (.21 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 09:26:39 pm »

15th Malachite 128
The militia commander and crossbowdwarf, CinnabarMan, was just complaining to me about killing the elves. I suspected him of high treason until he said that he wanted to go too next time. I'll be sure to send the marksdwarves out to kill stuff next time. It's just that they don't really train that much, so I don't trust their claims of attending Shooting Stuff 101.
17th Malachite 128
Turns out it was because they didn't have any ammo. Where are all the woodcrafters? More importantly, where's the weaponsmith?
Also, my super-secret plan is finally done! Here's the results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, those marksdwarves? They never had quivers.
I noticed that someone had a steel axe. STEEL. AXE. I decided to draft them into the fine art of killing stuff. His/her (I can never tell) name was AbuDhabi. Weird, because I always thought that was a place.
22nd Malachite 128
CinnabarMan is dual-wielding crossbows. IN ONE HAND.  This will either lead to awesomeness or death.
I've also been expanding aboveground. We now have a craftsdwarf shop and a wood pile outside.
26th Malachite 128
Oh no! A panda woman jumped a useless dwarf! Nevertheless, I've sent CinnabarMan to shoot her.
11th Galena 128
Blah blah blah, nothing exciting happened. Where are those humans?
I've been setting up an archery range for the marksdwarves. The plan is that someone will throw enemies through a pit into an open area below where the marksdwarves will be waiting behind fortifications. I'll draw a picture when I finish.
It'll basically look like this:
O = wall, + = Door, . = floor, # = Fortification
The wall with the door is so that the dwarves stay up against the fortifications, ready to turn enemies into pincushions.
I'm a bit worn out, so I won't be able to finish until tomorrow. Sorry, everyone!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 01:06:40 am »

Journal of "CinnabarMan"

22nd Malachite 128

Best. Idea. Ever.

Now I am TWICE as deadly!

-----
26th Malachite 128

I've been ordered to shoot down a panda-woman in cold blood.

Time to give my single dual wielding a field test!
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 03:24:39 am »

Quote from: AbuDhabi's personal diary
17-Mal-128
I have taken the first steps on the Path. The overseer noticed my battle-axe and sent me to warrior training. I'll drink to my good fortune!

26-Mal-128
Training is going slowly. I must have patience, but the Path requires complete dedication. Is this my best? One of the marksdwarves got sent to kill a specimen of the local wildlife. I envy him.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:30:48 am by AbuDhabi »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 05:49:21 pm »

CinnabarMan, the panda woman ended up running away from your dual-wielding awesomeness. However, you put away the iron crossbow. Must have been something with the uniforms.
Anyway, just posting to let you guys know I'll be starting again.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2011, 06:03:48 pm »

Journal of "CinnabarMan"

28th Malachite 128

Wow, that panda-woman sure could run.

And this single dual wield isn't working out like I planned... I guess I'll work on becoming a better shot before I try that again. If only I had two thumbs...
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 12:03:37 am »

13th Galena 128
FINALLY THOSE ARMOK-DAMNED HUMANS ARE HERE
TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH
Also, the channel is nearly connected with itself! All that will be left is to wall up the sides and we can start pumping away!
Meanwhile,  I've been reading up on some old documents and it appears that after 1 year's time has passed, I am to hand over the Leader Stick to some unsuspecting twit a person I deem worthy. Why wait, though?
15th Galena 128
Those guys finally made it to the depot. For some reason our bookkeeper/broker is in his office despite the fact that he has already used his keeper power to see into the future and see our complete, accurate stocks for the rest of time. After a quick rush into his office and screaming at him, he's gotten off to the depot and bought an anvil and a blue peafowl for some stolen goods that used to belong to the elves that I brutally murdered. That's just because I didn't feel like waiting for the haulers to bring our goods to the trade area.
On a more bloody note, I'm almost done with the arena. Now all we must do is carve fortifications into the wall and put some hapless animals and panda-people at the top of the hole and we'll be all set to put bolts into captured wildlife.
18th Galena 128
I hear it.
20th Galena 128
The mayor wants us to make black bronze stuff for him. I ignore this.
22nd Galena 128
The foul panda-people have come down from the mountains. CinnabarMan and his squad will make short work of the fiends.
Meanwhile, I've sold some of our endless amounts of mugs to the foolish humans. We got a lot of beer for it. Beer's good.
24th Galena 128
Damn fool crossbowdwarves. Only the recruits are ready. Cinnabar is mucking about underground, claiming that he's "Pickup Equipment"-ing.
Now one recruit's rushing out towards the panda menace.
Son of a crundle. It is only now that I realize that he has an elven bow, and dwarven ammunition. THIS, is why I don't trust crossbows.
I immediately call off the attack. The arena's done, anyway. Those animals will feel our fury, once these incompetents get the right weapons.
I see it.
Guys, I'm really sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to finish an entire turn. I'm going to have to go on a trip in a couple of days *gasp* without Dwarf Fortress. Sorry!
Here's the save for the (extremely aptly named, I might add) Sir Broccoli.
Some stuff for you to do:
derp, forgot the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3970
Anyway, how do you guys think I did? That was actually my first time playing in a succession game.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:10:32 am by SirAaronIII »

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2011, 02:17:17 am »

You did well enough.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2011, 09:41:46 am »

Excellent, I shall lead this fort to VICTORY!!!

Downloading the save now, next post should be up tomorrow.
If sad, apply kittens.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »

13th Galena 128?
My aqueduct project is nearing completion. Now I hope the pumphouse will work all right.

(Are the rocks out of my office?)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:26:59 pm by aussieevil »
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 03:34:57 am »

I'll sign up for a dorfing and a leadership position if there's room for me. :)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2011, 01:36:27 am »

Sir Broccoli, please post or your turn will be voided and control passed to the next in line.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2011, 03:56:16 am »

The log of Sir Broccoli:

Alright, it looks like these people finally came to their senses and put me in charge. Natually the first thing I did was order the miners to dig out a living space for me. Nothing too special, just a bedroom, dining room and office furnished with silver furniture:

The next thing I did was to take a look around the fort and I have to say: I have no idea what the previous overseers thought they were doing.
There are several strange-shaped rooms dug out, I have no idea what they were supposed to be so I decided to turn them into tombs. You can never be too prepared, we wouldn't want the ghosts of our dead ancestors haunting us at night.

There is also this massive waste of time and resources aqueduct just outside the gates. Appearantly it's designed to irrigate the farms. Personally I'd use buckets or just dig down instead of building up but I guess we can turn this thing into a weapon after we're done irrigating so I'm fine with it.

I've seen several dwarves who would go down a stairway, dissapear for five minutes, get back with a bar of charcoal and then used that to work at their forge. When I asked where they got that charcoal they told me they got it from the stockpile near the magma forges downstairs. Appearantly we keep charcoal near the magma forges, which are about 200 z-levels underground. So everytime a dwarf upstairs needs some charcoal they have to go down and fetch it. I immedeately ordered a charcoal stockpile dug out.

The marksdwarves have been training in a small pit full of pandamen, we basically just throw the pandamen in there and-

Yikes! Sneak attack critical! Some goblin just popped out of nowhere and killed one of our dwarves in one hit! I ordered the military to hunt him down and kill him but he was too fast and managed to escape.
Good thing I ordered those tombs built, I guess...
If sad, apply kittens.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2011, 10:24:02 pm »

Shocking!

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:49 am »

From the personal diary of 'AbuDhabi' Dodokbasen

(no date given)
I have attended the funeral of the dwarf who was killed by the goblin assassin. I didn't know him, he was just another face among many. I don't even know his profession. He died in the line of duty, carrying out whatever needed to be done in the glaring hatred of the daystar. Our entire military is despondent, myself included. If we were faster, if we reacted sooner - he might have lived. All the more reason to redouble my efforts. Though it means a life of endless bloodshed, it is necessary. Sometimes, I ask the question, "why me?" - but this is one of the days when the only answer is, "why not?"

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2011, 09:39:47 am »

Requesting a dwarfing, and I'll take a shot at one of the year-slots, too. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17