Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Silverfires (.25 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)  (Read 13528 times)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Silverfires (.25 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2011, 02:37:20 pm »

Game crashed on mine. I don't know what to do.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2011, 05:04:59 pm »

It was running reasonably well when I sent off the save. I'll see if it still works, and try to salvage it. Downloading!

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »

The generator is about 3/4 shut down, and most of the animals are in the process of being butchered. The framerate's varying between 19 and 30-ish, on my computer. No freezing, no crashes (yet!). What should my goal be?

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2011, 08:29:22 pm »

Maybe something that can work on AbuDhabi's computer? Then we can go to Lav, then me.

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2011, 10:21:49 am »

Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been doing a variety of things.

I was going to butcher all of the useless tame animals (rabbits, cavys, etc), but it was taking far too long, so I just atomsmashed them. I'm not sure if I'm entirely emotionally OK with doing that, but whatever.

The generator is now completely nonfunctional and in a state of utter disrepair. It's mostly in one piece, but if it is to ever work again it will need some pump replacement and probably a water refill from the surface, due to massive evaporation.

Finally, I turned off temperatures. (Which means that you, too, will have to go into d_init and turn it off, since it won't transfer between saves). This seemed to have the greatest effect on the framerate; it's now chugging along nicely at around 30 FPS, which is a vast improvement on the previous 9 FPS. I hazard to say that the fortress is once again playable. The game did not crash while I was running it, and only briefly froze when I first loaded it. Might just be my computer.

I left most of a goblin siege for whoever comes next. Also, the fortress is a mess! Enjoy!

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4267

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2011, 02:54:52 pm »

o
Finally, I turned off temperatures. (Which means that you, too, will have to go into d_init and turn it off, since it won't transfer between saves

or, you upload the entire game so people dont have to change it. takes some longer on your part but that way the next in line can play immediately.
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:18 pm »

I think maybe we should just restart?

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2011, 01:21:36 pm »

Dorf me as a male swordswarf, "katana" please
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2011, 11:07:52 pm »

I'd hate to see this thing die. Has anyone (other than me) actually tried the most recent save? For that matter, who should be up next?

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2011, 04:27:00 pm »

i took this save
Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been doing a variety of things.

I was going to butcher all of the useless tame animals (rabbits, cavys, etc), but it was taking far too long, so I just atomsmashed them. I'm not sure if I'm entirely emotionally OK with doing that, but whatever.

The generator is now completely nonfunctional and in a state of utter disrepair. It's mostly in one piece, but if it is to ever work again it will need some pump replacement and probably a water refill from the surface, due to massive evaporation.

Finally, I turned off temperatures. (Which means that you, too, will have to go into d_init and turn it off, since it won't transfer between saves). This seemed to have the greatest effect on the framerate; it's now chugging along nicely at around 30 FPS, which is a vast improvement on the previous 9 FPS. I hazard to say that the fortress is once again playable. The game did not crash while I was running it, and only briefly froze when I first loaded it. Might just be my computer.

I left most of a goblin siege for whoever comes next. Also, the fortress is a mess! Enjoy!

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4267

my frame rate is steady at 70/60 and i didnt turn of temperatures
i could play if you like.
i can start at sunday 10 am GMT+1
probely sooner but not sure.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:29:28 pm by melkor »

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2011, 04:05:03 pm »

go ahead

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2011, 10:06:15 pm »

I'd like to take a turn.

I'll take a look at the save and see who I want to be dorfed as.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2011, 03:10:19 am »

Leave now? But.. I just got back.
So here’s the deal. I just got back from a hellhole of a fort and now,
for some reason they send me to another fort.
They are in dire need of a overseer and well, since I did such a great job at the last fort I came from….
They send me here.

As I am nearing the fort I can hear goblins, not just a few of them a entire army of them.
I stand on top of the mountain staring at the goblin horde outside the gate’s. first I wait a few hours and see that they can’t enter the fort. That means neither can I.
Then I see a way in, one of the walls stand to ground level with a level above it.
I make a jump and make it, barely. From there I take a gamble, as I jump down a level.
But just on that moment ‘SirAaronIII’ walks right at the spot where I am gonna land. As I crash upon him I noticed that I jumped at the worst spot ever. The entrance. Before I knew it I was surrounded by the militia, battle axes and hammers where pointed at me. This is it I asked, there just like… 10 of you. ‘SirAaronIII’ (still under me) demanded that I explained myself. Ooh yes, I answered, I am your new overseer.

i am giving you guys something to read and talk about. i am going to explore this fort (its quite big)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:55 pm »

Leave now? But.. I just got back.
So here’s the deal. I just got back from a hellhole of a fort and now,
for some reason they send me to another fort.
They are in dire need of a overseer and well, since I did such a great job at the last fort I came from….
They send me here.

As I am nearing the fort I can hear goblins, not just a few of them a entire army of them.
I stand on top of the mountain staring at the goblin horde outside the gate’s. first I wait a few hours and see that they can’t enter the fort. That means neither can I.
Then I see a way in, one of the walls stand to ground level with a level above it.
I make a jump and make it, barely. From there I take a gamble, as I jump down a level.
But just on that moment ‘SirAaronIII’ walks right at the spot where I am gonna land. As I crash upon him I noticed that I jumped at the worst spot ever. The entrance. Before I knew it I was surrounded by the militia, battle axes and hammers where pointed at me. This is it I asked, there just like… 10 of you. ‘SirAaronIII’ (still under me) demanded that I explained myself. Ooh yes, I answered, I am your new overseer.

Melkor’s log 5th malachite
After that well… yeah just embarrassing event, I look trough the fort and see a outdoor farm…
Well that will do for now but we need a indoor one fast. As I look inside the fort I see a indoor farm.
Ooh so they do have 1, well a varied food never is a bad idée, but really do we need 6 farms.
Yeah we have 114 dwarfs but still we can have a few less. And what we obviously don’t need is, wait let me count. 4…5…6..yeah 6 stills. We only need 2 at most 3. So that’s the plan remove a farm plot and 4 stills.
Why does every fort place stockpiles everywhere. Il be digging out a big stockpile so we have 1 spot where we can dump all our shit.

Let’s take a look at all the jobs we have. I noticed some interesting this right away.
First our military doesn’t have to do any jobs that could fry there brain. So only hauling for them.
If there not training that is.
Second if somebody doesn’t have any skills in it they don’t do it.
Third what tha hell was the obsession with these overseers with brewing and butchery. Everybody has that job enabled. Well no more, we have 3 brewers which is far too many already.
Fourth screw this I’m just reassign everybody.
Hmm I tend to do that a lot.

Okay now let’s take a look at all the workshops. Those smelters can be removed, we don’t need them when we have magma forges downstairs.
All the workshops are CLT so it’s a good thing I assigned more peasants.
And I am removing a lot of butchery workshops so we will have 2 not 10 of them.

Removing a lot of useless stockpiles that are lying around. Altering what the farms are growing.
Looking at our food supply I can say we won’t be needing that much plump helmets.
Why do we have 3 small refuse piles? I be making that into 1 big one, and why are our seeds stored all the way down stair, removing that one a building a new one.

I am ordering the diggers to dig out a bigger storage room and a bigger dining hall, really that Is the smallest dining room I have ever seen.

Melkor’s log 23th malachite
Not much has happened, I am just overseeing the digging and keeping a close eye on that goblin army. But they’re not doing much.

Melkor’s log 1st galena
I looked at the stocks today and found a lot of forbidden items. I don’t know why they where forbidden but I don’t really care. Unforbid… aaand get that stuff in our stockpiles.

Melkor’s log 13th galena
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I dident know we had a ghost but hell its good to know we don’t have this one anymore.

Melkor’s log 19th galena
A human caravan has arrived, too bad we are still under siege so ill say. Fetch goblin.
Just at the moment the caravan arrives the goblins decide it’s a good time to call it a day and go back to where they came from.

Melkor’s log 14th limestone
We finally traded with the humans. Just bought some metal bars nothing more.
Reoganising the fort goes well. The storage room is done and I was able to make the dining hall a little bit bigger. Put some more man in the army and gave them the hammer dwarf uniform.

Melkor’s log 8th sandstone
Nothing much is happening. The hauling of stuf that is lying outside is going well. The little piles of storage are gone and we now have a bigger one.
Wait wtf?
We have a little hole there and a cave dweller thought it was a good time to pay us a visit.
Ooh I love visitors.
Smashed to pieces that is.

Melkor’s log 2nd timber
Somebody is holding up in the mason workshop today. Not that I care much I don’t really use that thing anyway.
Melkor’s log 6th timber
I wonder what that guy will make with
2rocks
2 gems
1cloth
1zinc bar
1log
44 cave crocodile bones….
Pls let I be a totem with lots of crocodile bones

Melkor’s log 9th timber
But of course, he made something useless.
Well nothing new here.

Melkor’s log 17th timber
A human diplomat has arrived.

Melkor’s log 19th timber
Let’s get everybody back inside

Melkor’s log 21 timber
Come on pull the dam lever
Well that was just in time.
Lucky we have some strong military. They killed 4 trolls but then finally the lever was pulled and where safe.

Melkor’s log 21st moonstone
The goblins aren’t doing anything except for scaring our dwarfs.
But then one of the dwarfs runs towards me. Absolutely shocked  he sais that there is a huge monster in the cavern. I was not sure if he was being serious.
A giraffe? I questioned.
Well apparently we have a big giraffe in our carven. Lucky our caverns are blocked of so no worries.

Melkor’s log 9th opal
Nothing much is happening, okay we have had a another visitor
But still our carven is closed so nothing can enter

Melkor’s log 12th obsidian
Finally the goblins are gone. We can get back to hauling the armors and weapons that are scattered around the place.

Melkor’s log 27th obsidian
Why aren’t I informed wen there is still a small group of goblins outside.
Ooh well, they didn’t do anything anyway. I just got some dead goblin bodies lying around.

Melkor’s log 2nd granite
and so the end of the year has come.
I don’t intend on staying here I was send here in a rush and I will leave in a rush. Nothing left to say just some goblin body lying around. And some more hauling need to be done but nothing very interesting.

i hate to say this guys but the frame rate dropped . i started at 60 frame and now its 47.
here is the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4311

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2011, 03:11:57 pm »

47 is still pretty good. It's probably the new FBs and the siege combining to make an unholy FPS-dropping force.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17