Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Did i just encounter the weakest forgotten beast ever?  (Read 8373 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Did i just encounter the weakest forgotten beast ever?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »

I say it fractured the snail right down the middle.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 11:11:07 pm »

Beryl like other gemstones has the default stone material file. Metals will most always win.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 11:20:57 pm »

Blood Men are similarly weak.  I've had kittens kill them.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 01:24:42 am »

There are FBs made of, let's say... magma?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 06:11:08 am »

The weakest forgotten beasts I have fought are made of steam.

Oh, and butchering one (a FB made of steam, that is) is fun. You can cut steam, dump steam, and generally consider steam a solid, even have named steam in your dump stockpile.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 07:19:47 am »

I've had the same with forgotten beasts made of flame, a bit of flame that was lopped off was stored in my refuse pile.

I guess I should have really made some sort of shrine to the eternal flame thinking about it now.  Or at least use it as a memorial to military that were melted by it when it died.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 01:03:29 pm »

So you guys are saying that my convoluted plan to fill Cavern #3 with magma to avoid having to fight an enormous lizard made of salt is perhaps an overreaction?
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 01:12:27 pm »

So you guys are saying that my convoluted plan to fill Cavern #3 with magma to avoid having to fight an enormous lizard made of salt is perhaps an overreaction?
You can never overreact with magma.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 01:37:30 pm »

If magma is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:27 pm »

I had the same thing. A blob of water that shot out a freezing extract, it had a body and a tail. I sent my 40-dwarf militia out to kill it and one of them kicked it to death in the first second.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 03:35:28 pm »

Probably, but it is still awesome
Memento Mori

Carrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 03:54:20 pm »

I had one once, can't remember what it was made of, but after killing a few dwarfs it died when a passing herbalist punched it in the head.

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 04:05:02 pm »

The weakest forgotten beasts I have fought are made of steam.

Oh, and butchering one (a FB made of steam, that is) is fun. You can cut steam, dump steam, and generally consider steam a solid, even have named steam in your dump stockpile.
I encountered a FB made of water. Easy enough to kill... Then its blood (water) splashed on my military dwarves or haulers or something. It spread along my pump stack stairs, just like any other blood/contaminent.

Never evaporated. dfcleanmap won't remove it (just like mud). I tried washing it away with water, but it didn't work.

Every single time a dwarf takes that stair, he gets wet and drops some contaminent on that spot. He also grabs other contaminents dropped there. How very nice...
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 04:58:40 pm »

Nope.
This is an underreaction.
As far as I know, all Forgotten Beasts can somehow swim in magma.
Solution?
Not more magma. More water. When it's swimming right through it.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 05:14:00 pm »

Quite bafflingly, Forgotten Beasts made of salt can swim through water. You'd think it'd dissolve. I've never encountered a water Forgotten Beast, but I assume they can swim too, which would be even weirder.

swimming Forgotten Beasts made of flame aren't as weird, because they evaporate all the water in their way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3