Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds (OOC Thread)  (Read 10123 times)

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds (OOC Thread)
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »

True, it's just that my races were going to be elementals and elves. Now that you have elemental magic, it won't work that well.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2011, 06:25:29 pm »

Continue to feud, you two. :D

I will be away (playing another game of DoW) until late tonight- if, by some miracle, everyone posts before I return, feel free to carry on to Round 2.

Have fun!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2011, 06:28:53 pm »

True, it's just that my races were going to be elementals and elves. Now that you have elemental magic, it won't work that well.
Ah... Well... Crap.

Maybe I can switch my turn to some other type of magic then? Although really, Golems are pretty much earth elemental... I Suppose I can re write it so they are more mechanical. Then for a magic type I can give them... What? Maybe the type of magic they have in girl genius but I am not sure what to call that.

Although I am not so sure how much that violates the spirit of the game...

How set on elementals are you? Perhaps another race, or just three? Or two types of earth.

Edit: I got a idea: Increase the scope of 'elemental' and you and I can work out a whole bunch of variants between us.

I can make Law, Earth, ect, You can make Chaos, Fire, ect.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:34:45 pm by Criptfeind »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:30 pm »

I can replace Earth with Chaos. The flying island I have set up for Air, the volcano island was set for Fire, Water was going to be in the ocean, and Earth was going to be underground in the sands surrounding your Cog.. The elves are going to live on the eastern island. Now that I'm going for Chaos, they could be on the land your tornado destroyed. Sound good to you?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2011, 07:56:08 pm »

Wait what tornado? There were two, the island or the sands?

I would think the Island would be a great idea, that is where I am going to put the law guys, law and chaos living next to each other. It will be a apocalyptic war or the best sitcom ever.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:41 pm »

Not tornado, sorry, I mean the cracked ground for the Chaos. The Fire ones are going on volcano island.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2011, 07:59:23 pm »

That will work, may not be as tasty as the law/chaos but it sounds good to me.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2011, 09:29:32 pm »

As for the magic problem, I suggest you go more the wizard path where certain combinations of magical words create a spell. It seems mores law based to me. Also, new post is done.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2011, 11:33:33 am »

Just made my own race, is the city to small or am I infringing anyones panetheons? Do tell me if I have and next turn I'll change them. I'll retcon my own posts on retconing my own posts... Or something
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:10:11 pm by quip »
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2011, 11:51:20 am »

Aright. well... Technically sub races are suppose to be put next to the old race, and your guys are really really spread out there... Like the elves are spread over around 55 miles. That seems... Pretty big.

The rats are good, I do not think the city is very small, it is about three or four miles wide, my city is only as big as it is for looks, the golems do not inhabit much of it at all right now and will not fill it for hundreds and hundreds of years. But I assume the rats are quite a bit more prolific.

One thing I am not sure about them is the (Advancing Civ (giving rats the equipment for a city) bit, that is pretty vague and technically makes the rats the best at making cities ever. That does not really fit what I see of them in my mind, but maybe that is how you see them. If you were thinking you need to do that to make a city, that is not so, I just did because it fit and I needed to spend the points.

It does make sense to me that they are the best in the world at fishing.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:53:54 am by Criptfeind »

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2011, 12:34:21 pm »

Ah, okay, I just worried that I'd need to give them building materials, I'll edit that bit out now.  :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »

Ah.... Next turn?

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2011, 03:10:20 pm »

Ah.... Next turn?
I'm going to have to edit that bit now to, just be lucky I can't be bothered to conjure up some arms folded glowering or angry emoticon.

But in my mind I am puttting one in.  :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2011, 03:11:19 pm »

Oh, I did not mean that as a comment to you, I was asking the GM, this turn has gone on for a while now and was wondering when we are filpping to the next one.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »

Oh, I did not mean that as a comment to you, I was asking the GM, this turn has gone on for a while now and was wondering when we are filpping to the next one.
I refuse to retcon my post I retconed on retoncing my posts, that would get kind of stupid.
And I like being moody and confrontaional it's like stress relief.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:00:12 am by quip »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10