Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I create a simple, concrete tech tree for this game?

No, let's do this impromptu.
- 3 (75%)
Yes, it would be good to know exactly where everything stands.
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds - New Players Welcome  (Read 5323 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Dawn of Worlds (We Still have 1 Opening- Yes, I am talking to you^_^)
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2932153/ (10) +9 +3 =22

Rarborman creates with all her power a race of large spiderling, placed in the clearing in the western forest.

I'll post a picture or so as soon as I finish them.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 12:50:19 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2932282/((0+4+1+4 3=9-9=0))
And as the Æther saw these new creatures come into the world, it was pleased, for they were interesting. But it returned to spinning after a cursory glance. It had work to do...

((28 27/50, no new map.))

EDIT: Just realized the modifier only goes to +3.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:00:59 am by rty275 »

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 01:14:18 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2932294/ (3+1)+25=29
Rillip looked to the North-East and saw large plains, if they were more fertile then maybe later someone would build a city there and get robbed...
(Plains grassification) 29-21=8
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 01:22:15 am »

2d6=8 + 10 = 18

The Great Choob let forth a magnificent sneeze! Grasses swayed in the breeze, their seeds carried to the ends of the world.

Moments later It had settled down again in Its sacred glade, chewing clumps of grassy earth as It contemplated clouds, spiders, and... at that moment It felt a sharp "bump." Lifting to Its feet, Choob turned around and glanced down at the clearing. There sat a smooth, white egg. After an incredulous blink, Choob lumbered away.

Altering Terrain (-7)

Event (-10)

Notes on the Egg:
- May be discovered by an avatar, army, or adventurer(s) exploring the eastern rain forest by with a successful check.
- If incubated, will hatch into a random avatar of my choosing with free +1 bonus, loyal to the mortal(s)/civilization that cares for it.
- If eaten, roll 1d6: 1-2, grants creature/army immortality; 3-4, grants creature/army any reasonable +1 bonus; 5-6, poisons and kills creature/army.
- If "sacrificed", grants 10 points (cost of the event) to a random God (I will roll for it.)
- If the egg is unclaimed by the Third Age, it will hatch of its own accord.
- Gods cannot directly interact with the egg- such is it Choobish magic.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:55:09 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 12:46:18 pm »

The Great cog Saw as the world become more complete, soon It felt the world would would gain great changes and the Gods would not be the only powers that be, and so It rested to gain power for this new reality.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »

Thus heralded the coming of the Second Age...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 03:15:34 pm »

Thus the world trembled as the very fabric of reality grew tighter. The seas swelled and the ground heaved, and yet they did not. Everything was the same, and everything was different. The world trembled and moved, but only in the eyes of the gods! The second age was upon us! Where the raw world will be heated and beaten into the purity of mortality! Where the flick of the mighty mind of a god would change the path of the world perhaps even more so then ever before and ever again. For this was the age of making and destiny would be made!

The Great Cog felt the change in the winds and knew that a new age had dawned on this world. It felt the possibilities and limitations in It’s raw Power. It pulled Power to Itself and grabbed a Breath of Air from the wind, spinning the Power and Air It made a Construction of Thought. From the Pool It pulled the essence of Water, this he pressed with the Power into a shinning Orb of Soul. From the depths of the world It grabbed the Primordial Fire from the molten rock and used the Power to strike the Spark of Life. Lastly from the bones of the world It used the Power to carve the Earth into the Body.

Combining Thought, Soul, Life, and Body It made It’s finest Creation. A mortal being, made of stone and metal, with a True mind and will. The First Golem. It set The First Golem down on the edge of the lake and willed it to open it’s awake.

The First Golem awoke. It rose, many feet into the air it towered over the ground. It was the First, but it was not to be the last. It plunged it’s hands into the earth and when it pulled them out under each finger was standing a golem. Four times four times it plunged it’s hands into the earth. Soon there was one hundred and twenty eight smaller golems standing on the lake edge. The first of the golem race.

The Great Cog saw this and was glad, although none of the golems were as well made or as big as The First Golem, they were still It’s people. And so The Great Cog made himself known to them and they were happy. The Great Cog went and told them the secrets of making so that they might have respite and safety, and they were glad for this knowledge. They called from the Earth great buildings and soon the first city of the golems was established on the lake from which there was much praise for The Great Cog and The First Golem. So The Great Cog was moved by the worship he entered the mind of the brightest and wisest of the golems and taught to them the powers of the four elements that they were made of. Soon these greatest of the golems were great and powerful in the ways of the elements.

Make Avatar 7
Command Avatar (Make race) 1
Advance Civilization (Architecture) 5
Command Race (Make City) 4
Advance Civilization (Elemental magic) 5

Left over 2

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:17:19 pm by Criptfeind »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

((40-26(races/subraces)-10(advancement)=4))
The Æther decided it had gathered enough power and ended it's spin. It took notice to what the Cog had done, and realized it could do it too. It made its beloved elves, It's favorite people. To them it bestowed the eastern island, protected by mountains but lush and full of wonder in the valley within. And to them it bestowed the power to draw magic from themselves and the intelligence to use it and study it. It then brought into being giant creatures,of all colors, made of pure magic inhabiting the barren northern island. From them it drew Chaos for the cracked lands to the south, Water to inhabit the seas, Fire to guard the sole entrance to the core of the planet, Air to tend to the floating island and move it in time.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:44:10 pm by rty275 »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:47 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935367/ (8)

I'm not going to do anything this turn.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 11:31:28 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935764/ (6+6)+8=20
And Rillip looked upon the world and decided he was bored with these plots and plans, he needed something to con and scam... a race of which to enjoy... He knew! He would make ratmen!
And so he did he created a race of thick haired ratmen to live in the cold and resouce low North who would look to the south and desire the land.
(Creating race) 20-6=14
He made sure they were advanced enough to survive in the wastes.
(Advancing Civ (giving the rats ships to fish in)) 14-5=9
And he commanded them to build him a city for him to play in.
(Commanding race) 9-4=5

Spoiler: Viking rats! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:34:54 pm by quip »
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 08:31:29 pm »

comment deleted.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:47:03 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 10:12:05 pm »

The Great Cog looked upon the world and saw as new races came into being. The new races were, too a one, threats too the golems.

So The Great Cog went to The First Golem and told it of It's fears. The First Golem knew it's masters fears and sought to assuage them. The First Golem would go among the golems of city can recruit a army of law and justice to protect all the Lawful races.

So The First Golem went and many joined freely. Seven great magi joined the army and each of them was given command of a troop of fifty golems. For their service the six lesser magi were each given a sixth of the outer city to rule. The greatest magi was given rule of the inner city and domination over the six lesser magi. She became known as the First of the Mage Kings of golem kind and her linage was blessed with great power over the elements. Under her wise rule the city became know as First City for it's honor as being the first of the bastions of mortals and it grew greatly and became prosperous.

For the warrior golems the gift of knowledge of the arts of war. They were refined as killing machines, the golems were granted to ability to craft new limbs and upgrades of armor plating. They attached wicked blades of steel to their arms and bodies. Even the ability to build new golems was given to them, but these new forms did not have the spark of godliness in them and were nothing more then machines.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Command avatar (Make army): 1
Advance Civilization (Combat): 5
Advance Civilization (Construct building): 5
Left: 2
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:12:52 pm by Criptfeind »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 02:38:11 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2940880/ ( 12+8 or 20)
Now Rarbor wanted something to play with, so she set out and made a race of scalely furry children, KOBOLDS, and placed them on the plauteu of order, making herself an avatar of a spider and build and played house hiding from the golems for the rest of the day, and told them to have fun.
-6 for kobolds
-7 for avatar
-4 command race
-3 for commanding avatar lots

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 09:51:21 pm »

13+4=17-10(Advancement)-5(Command Race)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2953405/)

And as the Æther saw that the thread must live, (whatever that meant to the all-encompassing chaos god) the Æther decided to advance his race of elementals with their respective magics, and to give them the gift of knowledge, creating each subrace into a hivemind, but with individual thought and expression. And as the Æther saw the Elves were scattered, he commanded them to come together as one, and to build themselves a town, so that they had civilization.

((oh the joys of having four subraces out of one race))

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:51:48 am by rty275 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 04:27:40 pm »

4d6=14 + 1 (+1) = 16

A thousand points of bright, sentient light flaring up all around It, the Great Choob let out a startled cry and dashed across the land. Up from the forest and over the lofty bluffs, It leapt, soaring to heights hitherto unknown, gliding great distances and landing with a calamitous crash the shook the world beneath mortal feet!

In an explosion, white fur is scattered across the eastern grassland, falling like a rain of cotton, and the Great One is nowhere to be found...

Then they come; emerging from the dank overgrown passages of the dark earth.

(Until I find a better picture)

In roaming bands, the rabbit-men pour up onto the surface of the world, awestruck by the light of the sun and the wind's breeze. They settle along the rivers and streams in large relative clans with many children, digging winding burrows into the hills. Soon they begin to reap the bounty of the earth, and begin their legacy as it's finest farmers.

Create Race (-6)
Advance Race: +1 Farming (-5)
Advance Race: +1 Reproduction (-5)
Remainder: 0
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:06:49 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4