Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Quakemortal: Perdition's Gate (Community Fort, Spoilers)  (Read 53834 times)

Psychron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ùshrirtunom (Community Story Fort, Spoilers!)
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2011, 03:30:47 pm »

*snip*
Children will laugh and play on smooth slade...
*snip*
This seems like a bad idea.
"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
"Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window."
"Don't ever get your speedometer confused with your clock, like I did once, because the faster you go the later you think you are."

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »

The liaison was visiting Quakemortal as he normally would this time of year, sitting in Duke Thundercave's office which grew more expensive-looking every time he went there.  "I do like the new engravings," he said.  "What's it supposed to be?"

"A blob of some kind, I think.  Or a bear."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The liaison nodded.  "I think I can see the bear."

"My personal favorite is 'The Luxurious Torture' over here.  It truly captures the plight of the nobility."

They talked at length about fortress matters, which grew of interest to the Mountainhomes as Quakemortal grew in stature.  "This is an accurate tally of your wealth?"

"That's right," Kulet said with a smile.  "There's almost as much adamantine here as there is iron."

"So I've heard," said the liaison, eyeballing Kulet's adamant pick.  He estimated its worth alone could buy an entire village, people included.  "You certainly have had a busy few years."  He turned to the tablet of records Kulet had provided him.  "Though I am dismayed by this long list of deaths."

"Aye, we all are," said Kulet.

"You know the procedure," said the Liaison.

"Whenever you're ready," Kulet frowned, drawing up in his chair.

"Monom Daggerwhipped?"

"Slain by Bustusm."

The Liaison looked up at the Duke.  "What is Bustusm?"

"Just some beast," Kulet shrugged.  "Great hairy one-eyed horned worm with ferocious teeth.  Rather resembled like a caterpillar, in its way, at least until we killed it."

"Uh huh," the liaison said, scribbling something down.  "Thob Leddasnast?"

"Eaten by giant swamp rats."

"My word.  Swamp rats?"

"I forget what Rimtar calls them," said Kulet, looking at the ceiling.  "Giant Carpabardos?  Anyway, the wisdom of collecting a giant caged rodent that could easily shred you to bits by yourself, when said caged rodent is surrounded by half a dozen pissed off members of its pack, is a tad questionable, especially when one of them already mangled the Commander's leg."

"I see."

"You wouldn't know it though, by the way he trains himself.  I never saw any dwarf so determined as Derm.  Spends day and night in that Danger Room, saying he's gotta be better than the best, leg or no.  Still doesn't like crutches, though."

"Okay then."  The Liaison scribbled some more.  "This one?  Mafol Ódatír?"

"Found dead in the Carpenter's Guildhall.  Apparently walled herself off and died before anyone noticed."

"Walled herself off?"  The liaison raised an eyebrow.

"Aye, it does sound fishy," Kulet said.  "More wine?"  He lifted the jug.

"Gods yes," the liaison replied, extending his goblet.  "And a mug of that ale while you're at it."  He accepted and drank both at once.

"Feeling better?" said Kulet.

"No."  The liaison lifted the tablet.  "What about this person, Domas Råshobok?"

"Eaten by a Cave Crawler," said Kulet.  "A voracious gigantic pillbug sort of thing.  But we captured it, and a soldier who welded a face to his mask says he can tame it, so it's not a whole loss."

There was a long pause.  Kulet cleared his throat.  "A mask to his face," he said.  "It's been a long day."

"And what foul creature, pray thee, was Urist Utolïteb eaten by?"

"Actually, Urist was killed by a training spear.  Freak accident, I'm told.  An actual one, though, not like the murder."

"Olon Cilobmemad?" said the liaison in a raised voice.

Kulet shivered.  "Eaten by a... a Giant cave Spider.  We had to kill that one."

The liaison extended his glass.  "Actually, I'll just take a jug, if it's all the same," he said hastily.

Kulet returned with the wine, and a second tablet of names.  "These are the dwarves killed in the goblin siege two months ago," he said, sounding tired.

"I saw the remains of that walking in."  The liaison made a grisly face.  "Nasty looking affair."

"More of a raid than a siege, really.  We've had bigger ambushes.  Well, aside from the Ogres."

"Ogres!" the liaison choked on his wine.  "Disgusting brutes."

"Yeah, a young farmer was collecting a beehive at the time, got eaten by a whole pack of them."

Spoiler: Lots of pictures (click to show/hide)

Kulet shook his head as he remembered the sights and sounds of that gruesome day.  "A sorry dusk, but we have many prisoners.  The rest were slain at our gates.  Not one of their party escaped, and the goblins will think twice ere besieging again."

The liaison folded his hands.  "Thank the Gods there's only one more name here.  Sammy Scaledpick?"

"Bled from a gaping stomach wound for seven months until he died from infection."

"Good grief."

"Yeah.  Amazing he held out that long.  We built his memorial near the pond where he was shot.  Poor fellow hung on 'til the bitter end.  Said he was fine, even though he'd leak blood all over the place."

Remembering the trail of corpses he passed on his way inside Quakemortal, the liaison was briefly torn by a sudden desire to flee for his life.  Against his greater judgment, he remembered he had a job to do, and drowned the urgency in a deep swig of wine.

"What was that?" the liaison said, setting down the jug.

"What was what?"

"There it is again!"  the liaison looked around.  "Those screams!"

"Oh, the screaming."  Kulet shrugged.  "You get used to it."

No one can argue now.  Never has lived a finer dwarven whipmaker.  Hail Kzel, Legendary Weaponsmith!

(Research Progress:  10/10)

Even in places such as Quakemortal, life finds a way to thrive.

Chief Broccoli is a new parent once again.

Chief Dariush and Mayor Olin are on their fifth.

New life finds a way, even in the deepest and dankest of depths.

*snip*
Children will laugh and play on smooth slade...
*snip*
This seems like a bad idea.

Well, if it's not smoothed, they might really hurt themselves if they trip and fall.

Aaall right, elf miscellanous friendly creatures captor v2.0!

Nice design!  I'm going to build a tower outdoors for it to keep ordinary civilians out of the way.  Dariush and Duck may want to discuss ways of luring elves inside, Duck will almost certainly need an elf to question about the production wooden weapons armor.

I'd be greatly appriciated if Guild Hall had some gem clusters in walls, or mineral vein passing across the ceiling...

There's a vein of pink tourmaline running through the area.  If it's alright, I'd like to extend the walls a bit for statues and a micromanaged garbage dump for encrusting specific stuff.

Question:  A dwarf can get attached to several different weapons, but once they name one, can they ever name another one?  Or are they limited to one?  I was hoping the steel spear would get named...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2011, 03:01:54 pm »

I don't really have much to say except keep up the good work.

Also, I laughed. :)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »

Jacen's Orders

- At least two soldiers will protect our monarch/highest ranked noble from goblins/swamp rodents/HFS
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2011, 08:29:42 pm »

nooooooooo taken out by an infection  :'( :'(

did he have bandages? or did he just bleed everywhere?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:04 am »

I'd be greatly appriciated if Guild Hall had some gem clusters in walls, or mineral vein passing across the ceiling...

There's a vein of pink tourmaline running through the area.  If it's alright, I'd like to extend the walls a bit for statues and a micromanaged garbage dump for encrusting specific stuff.
It's fine, thanks.
But I meant not garbage dump, but place custom stockpile there with 'take from' option defined. It consumes more place but requires less management

From personal notes:
I spent whole day staring at clear glass glob, in order to make gem window from it. You know, glass is completely different from gems that are mined. Gems have certain interal structure, it's invisible but affects the way it can be cut. And when you're experienced anough, you can feel the structure of crystal, and it giudes the cuts you make.
But glass doesn't have any structure - it's amorphic. So, to cut it you have to reveal all randon unregular internal points of tension, and make yout cuts through them... It's a dull routine, you just sit and stare at glass lump with light passing through it and try to notice some of light disturbances, slowly turning glass one way and another.

I must have fell asleep for a moment with that... I don't know how to explain what I saw in the glass, it.. it looked like a mind-twisting structure that chaotically changed itself but still regaining some structural design and turning into more mind-twisting thing... It made me shiver and drop glass on the table... Uh! What the hell was it?!

I have to get a drink. I'm too nervous to examine it again, I have to caml down a bit.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2011, 03:24:24 pm »

Damn, I'd swear the thread title has changed! Sorry for not participating, I couldn't find the original name (or maybe I just imagined it was called Quakemortal all along?) and assumed the thread had died.  :(
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Quakemortal: Perdition's Gate (Community Fort, Spoilers)
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2011, 03:51:46 pm »

I actually intended to change it back a few days ago, but never got to it.  Thanks for reminding me, sorry about the mix-up.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2011, 06:01:09 pm »

Alright, that's no problem. I'm not fluent in dwarf.  :P
Didn't lose any interest, so I'm gonna fix my absence right now!

-------------

Ever since she'd looked at the endless void down below, one could easily tell Impersonat had never been quite the same again. On the one hand, she was dedicated to her work and dogs, and had been doing quite a good job at staying alive and shooting at the greenskins. On the other hand, it was obvious to anyone who saw her every day that there had been little more about her. Speaking very little, rarely expressing her desires or fears even when asked, and having few true friends, if any. Her mind had been numbed after the first encounter with the endless chasm. And she had made sure her emotions didn't get in the way of her work. Because her work was important for the safety of Quakemortal, no matter how small her contribution actually was. And more importantly, because she didn't want to face the agony of terror again. Doing things automatically, as if programmed carefully, was the best way to avoid thinking.
A tiny crack in that seemingly seamless mental shield had been made the day that devil, which somewhat resembled a donkey if you looked at its unholy shape long enough without blinking, tortured her dog. A crack tiny enough to let go true rage and anger. Of course, she'd calmed down over time. But her artificial coldness had been damaged all the same.
Unexpectedly, it was not another death that truly brought her emotions back to life, nor the sight of Hell itself, nor various accidents involving gargantuan insects and abominations from the deep.
It was the coming of life.

The soldier crossed a herbalist in the hallway. She was holding some large pack that smelled truly awful. Not quite at all like some of the things that roamed the deep underground, but still pretty bad. She couldn't help but turn her head to see what sort of plant stank like that.
A tiny, pale, but very alive arm got out of the wrapped cloth, followed by a soft but high whine. Her mother stopped. "Now, now, honey! I already told you I'm going to change your diaper right away! Don't be such an impatient little girl!"
Impersonat also stopped. "Is... that your baby?"
"No, I kidnapped her from the goblins and painted her pink." A beat, then a loud laugh. "Of course she's my baby! That's my tiny teeny sweetpea! Say hello to the... you are a soldier, right?"
"That's what I am, indeed, ma'am. And I used to be a doctor, too."
The young mother seemed impressed. In fact, she was merely surprised, but faked awe in order to sound polite. "A doctor! Oh my! All the things you must have learnt!"
The response made the other sound jaded, which was not faked at all. "Actually, I'm just a bone doctor. Was. My skills are very rusty." How long since her last examination, by the way? She couldn't remember the last patient she'd seen before having to learn to shoot live targets. What she suddenly remembered, however, was that she hadn't practiced medicine since her arrival here. "It's the sort of job that takes regular practice." She had taken the decision to improve her aim by hunting various animals. What was the first animal she had shot? A water buffalo? No, wait, that was the material of her crossbow. Water buffalo bone. "Just like fighting." No wound. She had been very lucky to have never received a bolt back... or had she? Her captain hadn't been so lucky, however, but fortunately, he'd recovered fast enough. The poor man could not possibly have deserved dying this way. "And by fighting, I mean 'aiming and shooting', I am in no way as brave as the melee fighters here." No, wait, he did die. When? SalmonGod, much more courageous than she had been, and he was killed. "I like to think of myself as helpful, though." Or did he? All of a sudden, she realized she actually had no idea whether or not he was still alive. Being confronted to the confusion face to face was terrifying. What else had she missed? "I'm doing my best to improve." How long has she been here? How were her parents? And her cousins? The wounding and death of her loyal mutt were very clear events, but the rest was a blur. "I'm trying really hard." Her voice had slipped a little more into sorrow with each sentence, and now she met again with long-forgotten relatives: sadness, anger, fear, comfort, joy. She started remembering what else was in the depths beside ass monsters. Endless chasms where dogs could fall into. Endless glowing pits with creepy whispers.

Kûbuk was looking at her funny. Somewhat concerned. "You sound like you may need some sugar and helmet pie."
Impersonat's voice had changed. It was in a hurry. "What year is it again?"
"That's not a common question. This is 232. How about that pie?"
"Oh, for fuck's sake!" shouted Impersonat. "And how could you have the mind to breed in this place?!"
"Hey, who do you think you are? How about you say it to Urvad? No, wait, I have a great idea, go complain to the mayor, and we'll see how well she'll take it, with her 5th child born this week!"
The other dwarf stomped away in barely-constrained rage and incomprehension. "Well, congratulations to all of you, then! Nûnur's blessings, and all! Good job doing what you've always dreamt of doing here, at Quakemortal! Your reward is the chance to lose everything! Every goddamn thing! And I goddamn warn you, if that baby ever gets hurt because you're dumb enough to bring it outside, I am personally dissecting her body and counting her bones!"
When the herbalist complained later of a drunker-than-usual archer to the mayor, she didn't take her seriously. The only one she was aware of who had practiced medicine before was way too well-behaved to randomly threaten people. Surely it was Kûbuk who had abused the funny little curly herbs!
Meanwhile, Impersonat had already found the place where she had scribbled mad words in despair. She could only remember because of the vivid memory of the setting, though; it had now been replaced by haunting shapes of unknown animals, possibly sentient creatures, she had never seen before, and could not imagine ever seeing herself again, one-shot errors of nature that convinced the gods not to make twice the same mistakes again. A very well-made engraving; her scribblings had disappeared.
But now, she was aware again of her surrounding. Including the otherworldly voices harassing her.
Of course she wanted to make her dreams a reality, too. Finish her formation and become a most competent doctor. Have a family. Get a large collection of quivers. But this wasn't an option anymore. Not in this place. Hate for those who made their life projects a reality without care of worry for said reality, grew more intense. Determined, she went to chug herself some rum if she could find any. And then, when her need for more alcohol would lessen, she will form a plan to deal with the forsaken place.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2011, 08:19:22 pm »

Carpenter's Log:
I had never been to Dariush's office before, and, based on the rumors I'd heard, I figured it was best to be careful. I knocked on the door.

"Hang on a moment," came a voice from the inside. I heard somebody walk up to the door, and there was a complicated-sounding series of mechanical clicks. Finally, the door swung open.

"What would have happened if I had tried to open the door myself?" I asked Dariush as he welcomed me in.

"I'm not actually sure," the engineer replied. "In fact, it'd be a great help to me if you wanted to try it --"

"No, that's alright," I told him. "I'm here to help you in another way."

"Oh? How?" he asked.

"I heard that you have designs for an elf-capturing device."

"Ah! Yes!" he said, and started searching through the papers that were strewn about. As he shuffled through them, I tried to get a glimpse at them. They were mostly enormously complicated diagrams with labels like "Hydrodynamic Reactor Mk IV" and "Dariush's Reusable Drowning Chamber (Patent Pending)". Finally, he seemed to find what he was looking for. He cleared some space on the floor and spread out a diagram labeled "Miscellaneous Friendly Creatures Captor 2.0".

"I've been working on this for a while," he told me. "They said it couldn't be done, but I found a way! The fools at the Academy said I was mad, but I'll show them! I'll show them all..." he started muttering to himself.

The Head of the Carpenter's Guild does not have time to indulge mutterers. I interrupted him: "How were you planning to lure the elves into this trap?"

He looked a little crestfallen. "I don't know," he said. "I can't think of a way."

"That's where I can help," I said. "You see, when the elves arrive, they are likely to go straight to the trade depot."

"That's the problem," Dariush said. "There's no way we can force them to pass through the trap on the way to the trade depot. It's in a very open, public place."

"We can deal with that," I assured him. "I'll send some of my carpenters to board up the trade depot, and I'll have others build a new trade depot that is only accessible via your trap. We'll put up sign on the old trade depot directing merchants to the new one."

"And when the elves are on their way down, we'll spring the trap!"

"Exactly."

"This is perfect!" he said. "Thanks so much, Duck! If you ever need a favor, let me know."

"As a matter of fact," I told him, "there is a favor you can do for me."

"What is it?" he asked.

"Give me a chance to interrogate the elves before you turn them over to Captain Wordlenses."

"I... suppose... but... what do you want to learn from them?"

"They know some things about carpentry," I said, "and since they sabotaged our Guildhall, I think it is only fair that they give us some of their trade secrets as recompense."

"I see."

"If this seems acceptable, send a message to my office, and we can get started."

I left him to ponder my offer.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:43:38 pm by DuckThatQuacks »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2011, 03:45:52 pm »

Quakemortal has made a satisfying acquisition lately

Rimtar's Journal, 233, excerpts

Sethrist threw a party at the end of Granite for 'no reason at all.  Just to celebrate.'  He said this with such sullenness I nearly wept.

The demons are keeping their misshapen heads down this year.  Six months and not a single one has been sighted, felt or heard.  This does little to soothe my nerves, for if the stories are true and demons live forever, patience would be easy for them.  The Gate remains sealed.

The year has been a productive one.  Several workers fell into strange moods and crafted some wondrous pieces, such as a luxurious table from one of Duck's star apprentices, and an adamantine shoe from a possessed brewer that would make a cobbler blush.

The shoe, without a matching piece, is clearly decorative, but it certainly is valuable and depicts the ascension of the last Hailian Queen before the ongoing Succession Wars began.  I'll have to ask the Chiefs if anyone wants it to decorate their office.  The table will go wherever Duck thinks it should go.

Our Chief Weaponsmith has mass-produced a new line of crossbows, which are all ≡superiorly≡ if not ☼masterfully☼ designed.  Captain Impersonat's squad is testing them out in the mid-level caverns we unearthed, while they defend the cave entrance until Dariush completes the defense traps.

Commander Derm remains in the Danger Room, a walking stout testament to dwarven fortitude.  I have watched him battle the spears through the windows and to watch him is like seeing a man blow away with a fan at a cyclone, and winning.

Our masked mad-dwarf has a profound talent with animals, and so was given the position of Dungeon Master along with the quarters in SalmonGod's tower.  Fitting enough, since he seems to think he is SalmonGod.  Poor fellow.  At any rate, we have alligators and crocodiles now and he's been making sure they're eating enough, but I'm not sure I want to know what he's feeding them.

Urvad and Broccoli had another child in Malachite.  Speaking of Broccoli, I haven't seen him in some time.  I do wonder what he's been up to, aside from the obvious.

Not to be outdone, Olin and Dariush had yet another one of their own.  I swear, you'd think these four were in competition or something.

Aramco and Duck were off to work on the new tower outside when a goblin thief appeared in the brush between them.

Duck jumped ahead.  "Stand back, Miss Parchedrack!  I'll handle this."  He stepped forward, wooden sword swinging.  "Begone, foul goblin!" he shouted, and with a loud thwack, struck the goblin's hand.

Aramco kicked it for good measure and the little cretin ran away.  Afterwards, Duck went to go polish his nice elven-make armor.

While this was going on, a group of goblins appeared west of the fort, murdered a fisherdwarf, and fled the scene before our soldiers got there.  On their way back, however, the sentries noticed something else in the distance.

Impersonat and Sethrist returned, the latter covered in what they said was minotaur blood.  The bone carvers were pleased with the news.

Yes, all in all it's been a quiet year.

Deep beneath the surface of Quakemortal...

Journal of Sethrist, Obsidian 2nd, 233

I've received a letter from my uncle Domas... the King, so he is called.

It seems he's impressed with our progress and is coming to Quakemortal with his full entourage.

Gods help us all.

((OOC:  powpow:  Let me know if you want to roll a new dwarf.  Otherwise, I have an idea.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:53:32 pm by SethCreiyd »

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »

Yet another good look on the brand new metal crossbow. Not just any metal: steel, about the best around for that kind of weapon. Sturdy, light enough for swift and precise aiming, but just heavy enough to dispatch melee warriors. Admittedly, a very nicely-made crossbow, perhaps the best she had ever seen.
Then, she took another look at the primitive humanoid whose skull had just been bashed in. "You see, I've got a soft spot for bones in general, but you can't deny steel is just better. It would have taken me a lot more time to kill you with the old one. You should thank me for this."
She wiped the fresh blood off her still youthful (for a dwarf!) face. "Oh, by the way, thank you for allowing me to test this, and not flailing too much. You would have suffered a whole damn more if you had dared touching me."
Comforting was the sight of one's enemy's bloody cadaver.

---

Very carefully, she moved the tip of her weapon towards the large, bloodthirsty form, rushing in after having spotted all the agitation and blood. A very sharp bone bolt was loaded, ready to pierce the air. While bone was a mediocre material for weapons themselves, it provided the fort with nice projectiles.
Impersonat had to remind herself a well-known dwarven principle: the bigger it is, the less gray matter there is proportionally. Could one, however, afford to underestimate a minotaur's intelligence?
In all fairness, one could.
One shot right in the chest. Her rust eyes paid immediately attention to the small red burst than accompanied the hit, and the minotaur suddenly stopping in his tracks. She let out a cackle. "You don't feel so damn threatening anymore with ammo ticking out of your chest, now, do you!", she shouted, before taking the opportunity to aim a little better. With some luck, she could maybe take him down with a headshot. She'd heard of hardened hunters who could kill three different animals in as many shots, and bring back three warm corpses back at the butchery.
Today would not be the day she would single-handedly take out a minotaur, but close enough. She sniped his head, and saw another burst of blood. The monster made a strangled cry as his horned head arched back. She laughed again, empowered by the sight of blood, much like her target had been moments before joining the battleground.
Teamwork was a wonderful thing. As the bestial voice faded, an armed dwarf very professionally and stoically stopped right in front of the beast, and struck him, right under the muzzle. Effortlessly, Sethrist's spear impaled the minotaur's skull. His limbs twitched a second or two before going limp for good, and the whole body falling backwards. Sethrist would have lost his balance and fallen on it if he hadn't released his grip on the spear.
The captain was laughing mad. It was so good inflicting such efficient damage to such a big creature, she wanted to do it yet again. But this time, no other uninvited guest stepped on the bloodied grass.
Rapidly, she joined Sethrist to ensure the monster was dead. He most certainly was.
His skull was huge. One could sleep whole inside.
As they came back, she proceeded to ask, with a long-forgotten glitter in her eyes, to have his horns attached to her helm, and get priority on any bone bolt made with his remains. Maybe... maybe they were stronger than average bones.
She wondered if demons had bones. If they had, then Quakemortal absolutely needed to make bolts out of them. And maybe other weapons, who knew what properties possessed their body parts. Surely the kind of property needed to take them down. And force the survivors to run away in the endless abyss. How appropriate that would be.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2011, 03:33:40 am »

go with the idea plz

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »

This is a busy week and I won't be able to update for a little while, so if someone wants to take the reigns of the narrative for a bit, that would be cool.  I've uploaded a save here.  It's mostly up-to-date with the story.

The save is at spring of year 235 and the King and his entourage have been at Quakemortal for about a year, I spent a lot of that time just doing construction, new housing for the migrants and the King, fulfilling player requests and getting new equipment ready.  There might be some things missing, I don't think that save file started peregarrett's jeweler's guild setup or Dariush's trap tower.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2011, 08:47:34 pm »

I hate that I haven't had the time to write anything for this in the last couple weeks!  So much has happened.  Will be trying to catch up and get involved again.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14