Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Created Position  (Read 1385 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Created Position
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:47:05 pm »

JUSt generated my first world in .21, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I had reached the age of heroes, something that hasn't happened since the 40d days, maybe it was the small world and long history, I don't know.

Anyways, I'm looking in the Legends, and I looked up a plum brute called Capra. Capra became a law giver in 23, and since then has done nothing but generate page after page after page of "created the position of lord as a matter of course". IS this some kind of odd bug? I have screenshots, but they're very dull.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Created Position
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:50:13 pm »

No, demons will make their own positions in human or goblin entities.
EDIT: Oh wait, making page after page of positions for oneself after creating the first one? That probably is a bug.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:15:36 pm »

Not for themselves, for the lords and ladies of the new fortresses. Though that may still be a bit much.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:01:00 pm »

Yeah, that's got to be a bug.  Doesn't look like it's been reported by anyone yet.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 04:27:09 pm »

really? I've been getting that one for a while.  Not all demons do it but if you are attentive in the legends it should only take a couple worldgens to get your crazy socialite demon.
where is up?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 06:15:34 pm »

He's just fulfilling a campaign promise.

Demon: "When I am Law-Giver, all of the Confederacy of Pages shall be lords and ladies!"

And now it's true.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:45:09 pm »

They still live in squalor, but they're all officially lords and ladies.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 12:58:13 am »

I added it to the BG just in case. See, the thing about campaign promises is that after a thousand years the people who were around when you were elected are undoubtedly all dead.

On that note, anyone noticing a lot of abandoned fortresses full of wild animals?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 02:21:06 am »

On that note, anyone noticing a lot of abandoned fortresses full of wild animals?

Yeah, since .19, every fortress I check out in adventure mode are always either full of animals, or full of merchants (if close to a previous abandoned player fortress). I believe the new starvation rules are to blame (maybe fortresses aren't getting their proper shipments of food from nearby villages, or the nearby hamlets are too poor to produce surplus food).

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:20 am »

How is this lord thing a bug?  It seems fairly normal to me.  I just assumed that every time a castle is built, the leader makes someone in it a lord.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 11:41:48 am »

The bug report is here.  If you can confirm that these events correlate with the building of castles, it would be helpful to post that information on the report.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:02:31 pm »

Assuming Cespinare's screenshots are representative, the demon created a lord position around every three years, for a period of about 1000 years. That's an estimate of 333 fortresses if it were only for the creation of fortresses. While humans do spam fortresses quite a bit, I'm sure they don't do it on that scale, especially on a small world. It shouldn't be for successors, either - the leaders don't recreate the general position when they have them. What could be the case though is reclaiming existing fortresses that were abandoned for whatever reason. But that still seems quite a bit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 05:12:10 pm »

Reclaiming and losing fortresses in a war?

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

Perhaps you should check the civilization's entry, to see if anyone is actually filling those positions.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!