Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Narrative By Trope (New Story Starting!)  (Read 10279 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Narrative By Trope
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2011, 08:05:48 pm »

(( ...No. Leonardo's story is far too messed up for him to have a bad ending. ))
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 08:16:40 pm »

((Anyway, even if it did start up again, just who would take the place of the big-bads if both Jack and Karloff die?))
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:53 pm »

(( They just re-run the fricken plot. They don't make a whole new series. Just because a fictional character dies dosen't mean hes gone for good. ))

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 08:57:20 pm »

((Oh, i see. you mean they did modified re-runs. that makes more sense, i guess.))
channel = #bay12lb

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 11:46:16 pm »

Edit: Bonus points for this thread if all tropes are archived in OP, if there are separate "pages" for all characters and if there there are made up "canon" arcs that all players keep referring too. Fractures was a real tearjerker.
((I was planning on just making updates later in the thread and linking to them from the OP, to keep things clean. I've been trying to think of a way to organize all these, but it seems the only way is to copy and paste each one manually. So I might do that, I might not.))

((If it's alright with you, I think i shall compile an updated list approx. every 50 posts (my setting for page-length). In any case, i'll bee keeping track in a text file on my compy, should the need arise for a compiled list of tropes.))
Knock yourself out! I've got enough on my plate compiling this list.
((Oh, i see. you mean they did modified re-runs. that makes more sense, i guess.))
Sorta like this.

Writer Revolt: Due to trouble being caused by a vocal minority of the fanbase. The writers apparently got sick of it and the show took a bizarre turn in the latter part of season 5, suddenly becoming a space opera. And then they dressed one of the main (male) villains in a dress. Yeah.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2011, 04:16:48 am »

((Noo, you ruined my mental image of Terror Jack! How could you? Can't you read minds?))

((I could retcon it if you like, how would you like him to look?))

edit: or here: how's this:

Spikes Of Villainy: During the much-hated Space Opera arc of season 5, Terror Jack's customary dress menaced with them.

Hehe, I wasn't really serious. This is a collab effort. Though I do like that more.

I imagine Jack more like with a sleek, not-that-muscled or big figure, in a black/dark bodysuit or armour and with a very creepy smiling black-and-white mask, perhaps carrying a staff of somekind he uses to control gravity? I don't really know how I got that idea. I guess Jack is just such a creepy name.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2011, 07:36:04 am »

Yeah I imagined pretty much the same thing
It's FEF, not FEOF

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2011, 09:01:50 am »

I imagine Jack more like with a sleek, not-that-muscled or big figure, in a black/dark bodysuit or armour and with a very creepy smiling black-and-white mask, perhaps carrying a staff of somekind he uses to control gravity? I don't really know how I got that idea.

((Hmm. Apart from the spiky thing, I always seem to associate Jack with how Frank Nitti is portrayed in The Untouchables (the film, not the show), white 1920s-style suit and fedora and grin of pure evil))

I guess Jack is just such a creepy name.

((I think you have "Lord of the Flies" to thank for that))
channel = #bay12lb

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 03:48:09 pm »

(( Need. Moar. Tropes! ))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 04:42:08 pm »

Vocal Minority There is a portion of the fanbase who complained everytime the show attempted to deviate away from the original genre and premise, and whenever it did something they considered too silly.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 07:24:35 pm »

I guess Jack is just such a creepy name.

((I think you have "Lord of the Flies" to thank for that))
((I have Freakazoid to thank for that.

Welcome Titles: An unusually elaborate one. New viewers often comment on its similarity to another show's opening titles.
Cobweb Jungle: Many parts of Lord Karloff's dungeon, which seems to suggest that he never uses it. We later find out that he does use it, but he has a swarm of mutant spiders down there that quickly replace broken webs.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »

Cool Airship: Karloff's "Bloodprice" is what final season's plot revolves around (Appropriate name, knowing the final season). Its best discribed as a huge, bulky, air-born castle/Aircraft Carrier hybrid.  And the dark, depressing feeling coming from it does not help.

(( I just relized something. So far, most of my entries have made the show more dark and emo, hubris_incalculable's entries have made it lighter and funnier, and Gatleos just gives it... random stuff in between. ))

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 09:31:10 pm »

Sunglasses At Night: Subverted. Inspektor Krum wears sunglasses all the time, including in situations where it would normally be extremely uncomfortable or unnecessary. At the end of season 2, we find out that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2011, 09:40:19 pm »

what you are looking for is Justified Trope
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10