Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Genesis Arena Battles*Genesis Mod*  (Read 2766 times)

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Genesis Arena Battles*Genesis Mod*
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:10:43 pm »

Genesis Arena Battles

Races
________
-Jade Dwarves has announced their caste by themselves. They do not possess magical powers or twisted bodies, actually they are common dwarves. But their learning abilities and mental stats make other dwarves' to look like idiots. They carefully pick new members of their caste and share their knowledge and secrets with them. They often take roles of nobles and scholars.
- Keepers have common medieval weapons; they are ruled by a king who commands warlords, leutenants, captains and taskmasters.
- Nords are golden-haired big strong people who live in tundra and glaciers and have superior axes and hammers. They are ruled by king who commands thanes, huskarls and foremans.
- Dusk elves get along with other races. They have good relations with dwarves as well and have a marked distaste for goblinoids. Unlike other elves, dusk elves are more open to other races and don't have distrust towards half-breed races. They live in stone towers they raise in their forests, and unlike their wild brethren they willingly trade with other races for metals, using them to forge finest armors and weapons.
- Sylvan elves are a pride race, extremely distrustful of other races, they value freedom highly and thus imprisonment and slavery is banned in their society. They don't have a perfect memory but remember those who fooled them. They are savage and instinctive, their emotions are wild by nature thus making them sometimes unstable. The wild elves are shamanic and animist. For them everything has a soul, and body is nothing but a shell. They put a great ritual at the birth of a child but they don't pay any attention to burial.
- Ezrakim elves - desert dwellers. The ezrakim ancestors were elves forced to move into wasteland regions many years ago. They roamed around, some of them left, but many stayed. They established their own nation, using rare desert resources and slavery as the only means to survive. Nowadays they have a strong community ruled by tyrants, force and power.
________
Weapons
________
Sword
Longsword
Dagger
Axe
Great Axe-Dwarves only
Spear
Crossbow-2h
Bow-2h
Scimitar
2H sword-Humans only
Mace
Morningstar
Warhammer
Halberds-Humans only-2h
Pikes-Humans only-2h
katana-Humans only
spiked mace
composite bow-Elves only-2h
recurved bow-Elves only-2h
_________
Artifact Weapon-only given to those with OUTSTANDING feats of glory and i mean outstanding
_________
Heavens Mourning star
Cloudgod hammer
Armok mual-2h
Giants Axe-2h
Dragonslayer Pike-2h
Dreadclaymore Sword
________
Champion Sword-given to champions of the arena-Swap metal of current weapon
________
Helmets
________
Helm
1Horned Helm
Spiked Helm
Nordic Helm-Human only
Winged Helm-Elves only
________
Guantlets
________
Gauntlets
Elven Gauntlets-Elves only
________
Greaves
________
Greaves
Elven Greaves-Elves only
________
Boots
________
High Boots
Low Boots
________
Shields
________
Shield
Tower Shield
Kite Shield
________
Body Armor
________
Breastplate
Chainmail
Elven Breastplate
Elven Chianmail

To start with You get to add 5 Skill points to any skill.
(IE, 1= 1 level in the skill picked)
After a battle if you win you gain a point you can store under any skill.

You get 10 armour points to spend

points go up by 2 to Purchase a piece of armour.,copper is free Everyone Gets A Full Copper Set(breastplate,greaves,High boot,gauntlets,Weapon of choice(This will be Made out of Adamantine if a hammer),shield if weapon is 1 handed) and a helm for free
The metal's will go like this, 
By compressive yield/fracture:Armour rating
Copper -> Cobalt -> Spellwood -> Black Bronze -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Iron -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Adamantine

By weight/density:if buying a weapon like warhammer
Adamantine ->Iron -> Spellwood -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Cobalt -> Copper -> Black Bronze

By edge:if buying edged weapon like a sword
Spellwood -> Copper -> Cobalt -> Iron -> Bismuth bronze -> Black bronze -> Bronze -> Sun gold -> Steel -> Black steel -> Red steel -> Adamantine

Upgrading equipment:
When you have won a battle you can take ONE the defeated foes Armour OR weapon of your choosing.(NOTE:Artifact weapons cant be Looted)
If you want to trade them items in or other items they are worth half the initial points.

Dealing with wounds:
--------------------------------------------------------
Following under the ideal that after combat a warrior gets rest and patched up for his next battle,
Any wounds received are gone.

Place of combat:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randomly Chosen

How does Combat work?:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You will be matched with someone around the same level of skill and equipment.
Some who fought and won Three times won't be squared againsit a new person.
The Combat log will be taken a picture of and posted along with a additonal picture of the victor standing by the bloody mess of the enemy.
Ill try to do as many Fights as possible.
After you have won a battle you get 1 more point to spend on skills and if its a team battle the amount of kills you get is the amount of skill points you get to spend. Winners get 1 automatically

What If I lost a battle?
-------------------------------------------------
Once you lose a battle you have to re-apply for a new combatatient.

Application:
Name:
Race:
Skill Choices:
Items choosen:
Bio: (If you want a reason for arena fights, Optional)

Also, Any additional questions will be answered on the thread

FAQ
Q: What if I want an archer?
A: Five arrows count as one item.
Q:Does my character recover his arrows after the fight or will i eventually run out>
A: All arrows that are used in combat return to there owner (You bring in five, You leave with five)
1 set of arrows is worth 5 arrows

Credits:
Javarock-Makers and Arena masters of Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
Kzel-Makers and Arena masters of Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
Draignean-Makers and Arena masters of Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
Rarborman-Makers and Arena masters of Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)

Deon For his Awesome Mod Genesis, Which i couldn't play DF without
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:26:42 pm by Sirdrake »

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Arena Battles*Genesis Mod*
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 06:30:02 pm »

Genesis Arena Battles

Races
________
-Jade Dwarves has announced their caste by themselves. They do not possess magical powers or twisted bodies, actually they are common dwarves. But their learning abilities and mental stats make other dwarves' to look like idiots. They carefully pick new members of their caste and share their knowledge and secrets with them. They often take roles of nobles and scholars.

I think that Jade Dwarves should be able to use the http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73946.msg1836159#msg1836159
Or the staff of Tzeench that fires bolts!

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »

Genesis Arena Battles

Races
________

Thats not the point of jade dwarves

My fault really should of sed only using jade dwarves because others are a bit op

I think that Jade Dwarves should be able to use the http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73946.msg1836159#msg1836159
Or the staff of Tzeench that fires bolts!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:56 pm »

Application: Alkhemia
Name: Alkhemia
Race  Sylvan elves
Sex: Male
Skill: 3 Bow, 2 Dodging
Weapon: Recurved bow
Ammo: Spellwood Arrows
Armor: Copper Elf set

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:44:18 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 01:35:33 am »

A few questions.

1.  A full copper set, but you don't mention a helm.  Is there a specific set you have in mind, or can we pick 1 body armor, 1 leg armor, 2 feet armor, 2 hand armor, 1 head armor, and either a 2-handed weapon or 1-handed weapon and shield?

2.  What about dual wielding?  Can I start with two maces and no shield?  How about two shields and no mace?

3.  Will this be like the other arena battles in that you get to claim one item of your opponents if you win in addition to the skill point that you gain?  If so, how will trading in items work?  Will they be worth full value, half value...?  If you can't win items, how do you get more armor points?

If the answers to the above are:
1. Yes, you can pick what starting items you get.  You just are limited to only so many of each item type, so you can't start with a helm and a cap but you could start with a helm and acquire a cap later.
2. Dual wielding is totally permitted, variety is fun after all.  Dual shields is fine too, if you want to not have a weapon, feel free to do so.

then I know what I want for a fighter.

Application: Zifnab
Name: Zifnab
Race  Jade Dwarf
Skill: 5 Fighter
Items:  Copper mail shirt, copper chain leggings, copper gauntlets (2), copper high boots (2), copper helm, copper tower shields (2)
Bio:  Zifnab does not really want to fight in the arena.  He is just a fan who loves to watch the fights.  He could never get close enough to see as well as he liked, so he stole a suit of armor, snuck into the gladiators area beside the arena, and hid behind the two largest shields he could find.  But the arena master saw him, and decided to have some of the gladiators rough him up a bit to teach him a lesson.  Zifnab does not know what happened, but he woke up with a tower shield on each arm and a pile of unconscious gladiators surrounding him.  He went through the nearest door to try to get away from the mess, but his bad luck held as the door led to the arena floor and his first gladiator fight.

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:42:00 am »

A few questions.

1.  A full copper set, but you don't mention a helm.  Is there a specific set you have in mind, or can we pick 1 body armor, 1 leg armor, 2 feet armor, 2 hand armor, 1 head armor, and either a 2-handed weapon or 1-handed weapon and shield?

2.  What about dual wielding?  Can I start with two maces and no shield?  How about two shields and no mace?

3.  Will this be like the other arena battles in that you get to claim one item of your opponents if you win in addition to the skill point that you gain?  If so, how will trading in items work?  Will they be worth full value, half value...?  If you can't win items, how do you get more armor points?

If the answers to the above are:
1. Yes, you can pick what starting items you get.  You just are limited to only so many of each item type, so you can't start with a helm and a cap but you could start with a helm and acquire a cap later.
2. Dual wielding is totally permitted, variety is fun after all.  Dual shields is fine too, if you want to not have a weapon, feel free to do so.

then I know what I want for a fighter.

Race  Jade Dwarf
Items:  Copper mail shirt, copper chain leggings, copper gauntlets (2), copper high boots (2), copper helm, copper tower shields (2)
Bio:  Zifnab does not really want to fight in the arena.  He is just a fan who loves to watch the fights.  He could never get close enough to see as well as he liked, so he stole a suit of armor, snuck into the gladiators area beside the arena, and hid behind the two largest shields he could find.  But the arena master saw him, and decided to have some of the gladiators rough him up a bit to teach him a lesson.  Zifnab does not know what happened, but he woke up with a tower shield on each arm and a pile of unconscious gladiators surrounding him.  He went through the nearest door to try to get away from the mess, but his bad luck held as the door led to the arena floor and his first gladiator fight.

ty for feed back ill update main post

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:48:57 am »

Race  Jade Dwarf

You sure you dont want to change your armor you have 8 more Armour points to spend

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:00:36 am »

Race  Jade Dwarf
Items:  Black bronze mail shirt, copper chain leggings, copper gauntlets (2), copper high boots (2), cobalt helm, copper tower shields (2)

You sure you dont want to change your armor you have 8 more Armour points to spend

updated

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:22:04 pm »

I'll make a foe for Zifnab to fight, his complete opposite :)

Application: Kzel
Name: Lezk
Race: Human (Nord)
Skill Choices: Swordsman 5
Items choosen: The best 2H sword I can get, a loincloth for only armor (no copper set).

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:37:24 pm »

Urist Deathgrasp
4 mace 1 dodge
Dwarf
1 iron morningstar 1 copper morningstar full copper set (can i do this?)

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 05:02:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is my submission, I thought that would be fun to go as this.
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »

I will accept kzel's challenge.  Fear my tower shields and lack of experience using them.

SVOTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 05:30:08 pm »

Name:Exodus
skills: one sword four dodging
weapons: two katanas of the best quality i can get
race: keeper
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:33:44 pm by SVOTS »

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 05:39:34 pm »

I will try and get the First fight up by tomorrow or the next day

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 06:12:25 pm »

Application: fatherjimbo
Name: Nicarom
Race: Dwarf
Skill Choices: 1 fighter, 1 sword, 3 shield
Items choosen: I'm not sure I understand the armor bit...can I get a black bronze helm, boots, and gauntlets? Sword and tower shield.
Bio: Hates Ezrakim elves due to their love of slavery. Wants to kill them all.
Pages: [1] 2