Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Houses of the Rising Suns OOC Thread  (Read 15984 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns OOC Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2011, 05:41:32 pm »

ok people had to revise the tax system again as the Triumvirate is one hell of a bureaucratic nightmare. I will remove the income part which represents the income of your people. You will gain only 10.000 Credits per population unit. But you can increase it by tax collectors,technology you know the deal...

Criptfiend at the moment you are the lowest link in the chain. I imagined the Structure of the Empire like this:

Emperor -> Imperial Houses(Houses that rule over Sectors) -> Large Houses (Houses that rule over Systems) ->

Minor Houses (Houses that rule over Planets) -> Minnow (Houses that rule over parts of the Planet)

basically to appoint some Lords you'd have to control at least the planet... this is to make it less work for me. However if you devise a better system than the current one(meaning i need less time to update) i would be glad to use that one instead...

EDIT: to balance out research a bit Every House and the Triumvirate can research only one Technology in each field per turn. This is to prevent massive imbaness of Triumvirate...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:52:01 pm by Ghazkull »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2011, 06:02:05 pm »

Ahhhh, I had thought the empire was kaput. This is interesting then, who is my liege lord?

Also I did not mean it as a change of game shaking proportions, just a game reason to spend stability and income on a bigger army and better defenses. I had no idea that governmental types already had big complex rules to them, I was assuming the influences rating was just a way to show generally how we are doing.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2011, 06:05:49 pm »

Oh boy, This is why I waited for the Xeno liberation campaign to finish. Can't have a buearucracy without quite the upheaval.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2011, 06:09:15 pm »

uhm yes it actually was? The Empire is of course kaput. That was the System BEFORE it broke down. Or at least i imagined it like that...well you could actually do that feudal thing although i have no idea how to implement it at the moment...

Oh and Triumvirate guys how do you want your Economy money spent? you put some money into the Economy of the planets but for what exactly do you want it spent...?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »

I was honestly just thinking -15 to 25% income and a small drop in stability as people get used to it with a +15 to 20% to the size of my army and a reduction in number of civilians killed when I am attacked.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »

Hmm, will I need to change some of my military techs then?

Send me back what I sent you ghazkull...

I know I was doing one for psychology, one for biology, and 3 for physics, right?

The ceramic armor, both for vehicles and infantry could be combined into chemics then. Just one tech for everything is probably smarter...

Keep the main battle tank cannon for physics.

Since I saved 400.000, spend another 100.00 on the other three remaining, and save the rest.

Ya got that?!  ;D
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2011, 06:22:14 pm »

Hey, I just thought of something. Can we interact, diplomatically+RP wise with each other yet? We could have some sort of galactic radio system...lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2011, 06:24:05 pm »

please just send it per PM  the Triumvirate has managed a system overload for me....

sorry if the turn is taking so long and that you have to wait so much but well...

i think this whole game is a bit more than i bargained for  :P

well all ideas for optimization of the gameplay are welcome ^^

EDIT: *mumble* damn Dwarmin and his Ninja-Posts *mumble*
uhm at the moment not you have not the technology for it...messages between the systems would take(at the moment) something between 10 and 500 years  :P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:25:59 pm by Ghazkull »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »

Does the church have the kind of technology to do so?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2011, 06:28:35 pm »

yep...but you can bet that they would destroy everything if you try to take it by force *hinthint*

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2011, 06:29:49 pm »

Cccrrrraaaaappppp!

They're going to call for reinforcements unless...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2011, 06:34:12 pm »

So, how do ships move faster then light in this setting?

Gates? Drives? Warps?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2011, 06:42:17 pm »

uhmmmm....The old Empire used basically a drive that ripped open a Wormhole(think halo)

due to *waves hands* Cosmic radiation *waves hand even more*  this classic ship drives wont work anymore...the Triumvirate uses at the moment an alternative to that which isnt disturbed by the radiation particles...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:33 pm »

So no reinforcements :D

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:22 pm »

uhmmmm....The old Empire used basically a drive that ripped open a Wormhole(think halo)

due to *waves hands* Cosmic radiation *waves hand even more*  this classic ship drives wont work anymore...the Triumvirate uses at the moment an alternative to that which isnt disturbed by the radiation particles...

Your hands have got to be getting tired. :I

A better explanation is that the Old Empire literally destroyed whatever reaility they were taking shortcuts through with wormholes. Volume of transport combined with lack of concern on their part led to a collapse of the other space time contiuum...clearly. Q-o

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23