Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Houses of the Rising Suns OOC Thread  (Read 15993 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns OOC Thread
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2011, 03:34:30 pm »

Well then that is my action for turn two sorry about that I had already wrote it up, and posted when I read this. Sorry about the wall of text also.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2011, 03:35:33 pm »

Are we allowed to look at the other player's statuses per turn?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2011, 04:31:20 pm »

Careful adwarf, you don't want to be too nice to your serfs, they might start getting uppity thoughts.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2011, 04:45:09 pm »

Well without the people my kingdom is nothing.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2011, 04:55:32 pm »

i ask myself however how you will do this as you cant build a farm on land that is already farmed...

yes Taricus if you wish you can look at other peoples status...on another note i jsut realized that half of the starting information i brought in on the first page is somewhat faulty sorry for the inconvenience i must have fallen asleep halfway through writing that stuff....anywway taricus your stuff is ready...sorry but the Dice God hates you...will now begin with Triumvirate...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2011, 04:57:07 pm »

The lands around my fortress were already farmed ?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »

Did you think your people just stand there hitting the ground with sticks all day?

Also, looking at your stuff, I have to wonder what the heck you are talking about, you have way more food then you need.

It seems farms are pretty much automatically made by any population units that are not doing other things, thus manually making farms most likely wont help anyway because, surprise surprise, there is not going to be anyone to work them.

Oh wait, I just read your turn.

You realize that fortresses are only to be flooded with the commoners during sieges right? The point of a siege is to starve and plague out the hiding enemy.

You just started to siege yourself. I don't even know what to say to that.

On another note to the GM, it seems that I am running a despotic monarchy, although that is what I want on the end of course I don't see how I can administer such large tracks of land, would it be preferable to appoint some lords and get my feudalism on? Hopefully that would increase the percentage of my population I can have as a standing army and increase the defensiveness of my lands. Of course doing so would also raise a host of issues of loyalty and most likely decrease my income. At least that what would happen on earth.

Basically I am asking what will happen in game turns if I change to a feudal monarchy?

Adwarf, the short answer to all your issues is that you just tried to cram five million people into at most a few square miles.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:18:09 pm by Criptfeind »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »

Oh fuck  :D. Atleast the infrastructure went well.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2011, 05:11:28 pm »

Ghazkull Said they would starve. I will just use the money to fertilize it as best I can, and then make some farms.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2011, 05:18:50 pm »

It seems farms are pretty much automatically made by any population units that are not doing other things, thus manually making farms most likely wont help anyway because, surprise surprise, there is not going to be anyone to work them.

Oh wait, I just read your turn.

You realize that fortresses are only to be flooded with the commoners during sieges right? The point of a siege is to starve and plague out the hiding enemy.

You just started to siege yourself. I don't even know what to say to that.

On another note to the GM, it seems that I am running a despotic monarchy, although that is what I want on the end of course I don't see how I can administer such large tracks of land, would it be preferable to appoint some lords and get my feudalism on? Hopefully that would increase the percentage of my population I can have as a standing army and increase the defensiveness of my lands. Of course doing so would also raise a host of issues of loyalty and most likely decrease my income. At least that what would happen on earth.

Basically I am asking what will happen in game turns if I change to a feudal monarchy?

Adwarf, the short answer to all your issues is that you just tried to cram five million people into at most a few square miles.

You are lucky Ghazkull did not have most of your people slaughtered.

Edit: To put that in prospective, put out your arms as far as they can go, in the least dense area of where you shoved your people you would have just smacked two of them.

Edit 2: Another way of putting it in prospective is that, since you are working with almost dark age tech, each present is going to need 2-3 thousand times more space.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:26:00 pm by Criptfeind »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2011, 05:25:10 pm »

I didn't just siege myslef I moved my people all in, or around the fortress so i can better protect them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2011, 05:27:34 pm »

Like you would do if you were under siege.

No wait, scratch that, you would only bring in the closest .05 of a unit at the most if you were under siege.

In reality it would be more like .005 of a unit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2011, 05:29:01 pm »

You know the answer to food problems...recycling tanks..

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all of the people. :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2011, 05:30:48 pm »

I've riots, church investigations and mass strikes.

FUN!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »

Yes, tanks would help quite a bit. But he does not have those tanks, too bad, if he does not stop this ether his house or millions of his serfs are going to die next turn, that's quite a lot of food.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23