Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Houses of the Rising Suns OOC Thread  (Read 16022 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns OOC Thread
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2011, 09:34:16 pm »

Thats why I will inlist the aid of the feudal kingdoms.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2011, 09:36:40 pm »

The church outnumbers the feudal kingdoms two to one and they will most likely kill you to gain the favor of the church.

Also I question for the GM: How do you calculate how much food people make? It seems... Pretty random.

By random I mean it is not but one guys is making times two and eating times two and another guy has s number that does not fit the pattern.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2011, 09:38:52 pm »

Hmmmm ...... then I will defeat them through shear courage, hope, tactics, and alot of luck, but I will win.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2011, 10:36:37 pm »

Lack of faith ? Huh.

You religious policies seem designed to create senseless conflict and human suffering.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2011, 10:37:39 pm »

Hey, you mind helping me disarm the church?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2011, 11:05:34 pm »

They outnumber you as well and you have no sovereignty over them. I see a bad end to anyone who messes with the church this soon in the game.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2011, 11:08:40 pm »

DISARM, not conquer.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »

You. Have. No. Right. That is like the US Like some really freken little place like denmark going to USSR during the cold war and demanding that they turn over all their weapons.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2011, 11:14:34 pm »

Well as long as they leave my colonies alone we'll be fine...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2011, 07:55:06 am »

as Criptfiend is saying: war with the Church at the moment is madness, except in Tyberix case as he has the advantage of surprise and the Weakness of the Church on that planet is propably helping too, for all the other guys: dont try it...for adwarf you sign your death warrant as soon as you establish contact with them and refuse to convert to imperial belief...and even then...be careful...

Concerning the Food:
You basically produce as much food as you have people working in that sector:
if you have 3000 people total
and use 2500 of them for agriculture you will produce 2500 units of food.
However you have 3000 people consuming food, therefore you have -500 food at the end of the turn. I will roll at the end of the turn with a d100 how many percent of these people starve away and how many resort to riots and criminality. THrough certain technologies however one can increase the output per worker in teh agri sphere:
some have Hydroponic Farming or Green Genetics or other stuff which will basically increase the Food output. If you read through the Technology lines you will see that the Triumvirate has pretty much on the Agricultural Sector and therefore produces enormous amounts of food which they trade of to Church and Others(others being mostly the Minor Noble Houses on your planets, as well as Planets outside of the Core Systems).

This opens up a new field of relations: Tyberix for example leading a former Crusade on a planet with almost no Agriculture possible has to resort to his amassed Supplies, which will slowly run out over time and to either a) Pillaging or b) Establishing a Trade Connection with the Triumvirate. As the game continues the Triumvirate will however realize that without all those minor Noble Houses,Warlords and others(as they all get eventually integrated into the Players control) their trade income will drastically reduce leaving them no choice as to trade with the Nobles or resort to getting money through taxes. A third possibility may, eventually arise later...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2011, 08:29:29 am »

I am unsure as to how much to spend on research? Am I spending to much on say for example hydroponics?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2011, 11:22:59 am »

Technology is a bit like gambling. Depending on requirements met ,money invested and luck you may gain a certain technology next round, something different altogether, or nothing at all.

It's pretty free-form here. Another point is HOW you watn to research stuff, for example you noted underground farming at Engineering. This means you researchers will try to research underground bunkers in which aboveground plants can grow. If you invest it in Biology they will try and either change existing plants or genetically manufacture new plants which wont need sunlight. The first one is easier,faster and less expensive in research, the second one will yield greater results, as its far lass expensive to dig a cave and plant some fungi in it then building an underground bunker with artificial sunlight...

as i said pretty free form :P

but as a general rule of thumb:
more money means faster research and will propably yield some nice byproducts(if there are byproducts to be gained)...

on another note:
no answers from Dwarmin and Shadowzane up to now,if i dont get any answers or something then i will let the two guys on the waiting list assume their positions...

also Tyberix i still need your orders...per pm...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:29:09 am by Ghazkull »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2011, 11:56:31 am »

Thank you. And me and maniac have posted our turns? Unless the other members of the triumvirate disagree on my suggested budget spending of 2.5 mil on society, economy and research and 100k on military?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2011, 12:01:33 pm »

Ok so meeting the church right now is certain death. Hide, Yes. Fight, Later. Am  I bringing in any money at all from what I see I only get bonus food after each turn.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2011, 12:05:39 pm »

Yeah, you should probably invest some of your money in your economy.

Anyway, while we're on the topic of incomes, what about the triumvirate's trading income? How much is it?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23