Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Houses of the Rising Suns Play Thread (Finally we can Begin)  (Read 5320 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns Play Thread (Finally we can Begin)
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 01:26:51 pm »

"Even the church is not above the law."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 01:42:19 pm »

"The Church shall have a man on the judge's bench.  The Church shall have the privilege to detain.  The Church shall not be held accountable for the actions of the fanatics.  However we do not recognize someone as acting in the Church's name until a formal request has been lodged in the courts.  We are not stepping on the freedoms of the Church one bit, merely requesting that they act with one voice, not many."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 01:43:06 pm »

Hireoto bowed before continuing:

As you wish Triumviri, i will arrange everything. However there is still the matter of Absence of Triumvir Eraklion. As he was the responsible Head of Economy for this term i suggest that you two decide for him...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »

"Yes, unfortunate matter that.  I suppose the matter is best done by direct compromise, brother.  We simply average our two positions.  That will allow for the immediate investment you want and allow a more measured response in the future as well."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:35 pm »

"Interesting solution, but what of the mutant programmes and the rogue mercenaries? Also, they've already killed the so called heretics, I suggest arresting them on the grounds of homocide."

((Unsubtle reminder.))

"Mmm, in that case I'd suggest investing 250,000 credits each into the agricultural activities of Demeter, Korybas and Eubouleus and another 250,000 each in the mining on Athena and Hephaistos."

Economy: -1,250,000

Build more Agri-Farms on Demeter: -250,000
Build more Agri-Farms on Korybas: -250,000
Build more Agri-Farms on Eubouleus: -250,000
Prospect new deposits and build more mines on Athena: -250,000
Prospect new deposits and build more mines Hephaistos: -250,000

Is this acceptable maniac?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:07:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 02:14:25 pm »

Infortmation recovered from the records of the al-Hazar

Recording 1A, Speaking Lord Almar of the house al-Hazar, now deceased

The words spoken are difficult to make out, his desperation clear. Lord Almar had at this point been nearly encircled by Chut'koi warriors deep under what was supposed to be the "Hive", the capital of that race.

They are everywhere. They outnumber us more than ten times, and more than that...the enemy concealed additional troops in the side tunnels. They knew we were coming. Do not forget us! This will be my last record, sent on all channels that can recieve it. I...

At this point, one can hear the sounds of gunfire overtake his voice-the chatter of modern rifles and heavier sound of the archaic energy weapons used by the house guard-and the near silent swish of the lords ancient wireblade. Records indicate it was inactive, and strictly ceremonial, so he may have chosen to use it in his desperation to rally his men to a final stand.

The distinctive hiss of chut'koi acid rifles and the alpha-wave cannons can also be heard, growing in volume.

My 2nd in command is gone, they took him, but he detonated his hand grenade rather than be captured...

This is good ground. A steep incline, and the narrow passages make it easy killing...we can no longer fall back, but we will make them pay dearly for victory today. I make a final stand here with my house guard. Let us show them how a man of the Al-Hazar meets death! Eyes open wide, brothers!

The rest of the recording is more gunfire, then screaming, and at last, utter silence, save for the mournful keening of the Chut'koi as they carted away the dead, which was estimated to be have been nearly one quarter of its original force.

Lord Almar had been lost beyond any hope of recovery. His sister llaria was declared new regeant soon after, and the changes she instituted began to have a dramatic effect on the people of Al-Hazar..

end record
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 02:51:59 pm »

I'll agree to Demonic's proposal.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 06:08:40 pm »

House Argonian
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

House Cr'tok

House Al-Hazar

House Rastyqua

House Azores

The Triumvirate

Triumvirate part will be finished upon notice of the Triumvirate players...

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:18:21 pm by Ghazkull »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 06:49:36 pm »

Infortmation recovered from the records of the al-Hazar

Recording 1B, Speaking Grand BattleMaster Johnn Du Locke

Is this thing on? They said I needed to make a personal record, or something. Yes, I'm ready.

We were sent on advance "recon" which meant travelling light and fast, killing what we could, running when he had to...my guys had taken out a few rebel holdouts-the people all but threw themselves at our feet. We hanged more than few bandits and petty warlords...years of being serfs to the false nobles and getting torn apart by Chtu'koi, I don't blame them.

This is a report on the battle of...let's call it "The Battle of CZ-12". That's what is says on the map I was given. If the map was a little more recent, maybe this would of turned out different.

Locals call it the "Devils Maw", not very original if you ask me. It's one of *those* places, where apparently such and such amount of people dissappeared so and so amount years ago. It's actually a planetry core mining shaft, probably from an ancient imperial mining survey team. It really does go all the way down to the core, and to Hell is your religious...

Essentially, it's a big circular cavern, not alot room of manuever, with lots of little crags and cracks-a great place for an ambush, which is what happened to my forces as we entered it. They had us sighted and zoned, and it was a bad situation...not as bad as it could of been, though. The enemy troops didn't seem very motivated, and they had little training. We essentially blew our way out of the ambush and drove them away, that's about it. They ran like jackrabbits as soon as they emptied their guns, and my guys were to tired to pursue. so we ended up with a few casualties on each side, nothing serious.

The enemy commander, if intel serves, is a man by the name of "Teller Gelt"-we served in the academy together.
He's a wargame enthusiast...he's not bad when he can plan out something beforehand, but he lacks the ability to adapt to battlefield conditions. I'll enjoy meeting him on more even terms soon enough.

Johnn out...which button turns it off again?

end record
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2011, 03:33:20 pm »

Hasther's aid Camblin burst into his office exclaiming " Sir our people will soon riot, and starve this must be solved, or we will all die. What will you do to solve this ? Something must be done for the wolves close in each day, and without the support of our people we will perish. " Looking down at his desk Hasther thought I will protect them even if I must give my life I will not let the church take their lands ever again, and here I can protect them from raiders or any that would wish to harm them this is the best possible act I know it. Looking up he says " I will empty the house treasury, and spend every credit we have to give them farms here. I will protect my people, and here I can take better care of them. They are defended for as you say the wolves descend, and will soon arrive. The wolves are hungry greedy bastards, and if they wish to harm my people they will be forced to destroy me, and every man that follows me. I will make an announcement prepare any form of speaker system we have. I will tell them that the land they get here is free. "

Many hours later the systems were set up, and Hasther stood on the balcony outside the royal house. looking down at his subjects he began " I am sorry for taking your lands from you. For this I am trully sorry for that was your livelyhood I know, but our enemies get closer every day, and I will not let them harm you. Here in this city which from now on will be called Haven I will protect you even if I must throw my life away to do it. " pausing to gather his breath he sees the people in front of him whispering to each other, and they seemed to believe him. Taking a deep breath he continued " I know the blow this has caused, and for that I will be emptying the tresaury of my house out, and use it build farms around the city. I will be commiting 150.000 Credits on expanding farm land around these walls, and then I will give it to you for free. I know that is not all of my money, but with the other 38.000 Credits I will build housing for my people. This change is a hard one I know, but I promise you will have farms, and housing, but even better you will have protection from any of this planets harms. " With that Hasther turned, and walked back into his office to begin emptying the houses tresaury as he said he would.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2011, 05:41:38 pm »

Saion had received word of the riots. Shaking his head at the news.

"Right, I'll see If I can calm those angry workers down, you lot kill the others. Priority to the Fanatics."

Saion left the room to head off the workers.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »

"Oh, right. I need more information on these large scale programs that are in progress, though I'd suggest stopping them. Of course we cannot allow imperial cult fanatics to burn our people willy nilly, they need evidence first, demand evidence and if they cannot produce any have them arrested for homocide maybe? And the murder of 200 workers is a disproportianate retaliation for a possible assault, give the mercenaries a formal reprimand for overstepping their bounds and heavy fines possibly? Really, I'd think this is more the chief of society's jurisdiction though. These are all just suggestions and the other Triumvir are welcome to make their own."

"Since Elise has not responded on the issues of the mutant programmess or the mercenaries, these will be our actions in regards to them. Also, I really would like more information in regards to the mutant programmes."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2011, 12:45:06 am »

((Wait, what have I not responded to?))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 01:18:02 am »

((You haven't ordered anything in regards to the mutant programmes or the mercenaries that killed workers?))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 01:27:21 am »

((Hastily tossing it together))

"The rule of Law must rule the day.  If the megacorp refuses to abide by that principle, they will quickly find that they will no longer do any business with our government.  That should catch their attention.

As for the mutants, we really don't know too much about them.  Throw a few of the heretics towards the church to curry favor below the table, but let's find out what we are dealing with and come up with a more complete answer after that."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5