Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Houses of the Rising Suns Play Thread (Finally we can Begin)  (Read 5325 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

House one is confirmed open.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks kewl and complicated, just right for me lawl

Name: Ashjalik Eraklion
Fancy Title: Grandmaster
Starting Planet:Demeter
Story of Character: Ashjaliks way to one of the triumvirates wasnt a very easy one, born in the lower castes of Demeter he started out with a small shop in that he sold diverse electronic parts, later he opened his own shipping business delievering packages and messages from one point of the galaxy to another. Some people say he gained his rank through assasination of people who would have stood in his way, however that was never confirmed.

Also another idea on the triumvirate:
How about each triumvirate has 1 kind of stuff under his control (Society, Economy, Research). Military and Covert ops are decided together, cause I think the current system doesnt make sense as the triumvirates surely would try to stick together and never give diverse orders, atlast if theres no house so powerful that it might be a option to try killing/whaever the 2 others.

"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

House one is confirmed open.

Not so, there are five houses and five players. No house is open.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Point.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Name: Elise Dsuna
Fancy Title: First Citizen
Starting Planet: Athena
Story of Character: The heavily industrialized world of Athena was once the beating heart of the sector.  Ruled as an imperial fief, the fruits of it's people's labors traveled far and wide.  But it came at a price, most of the population was kept in brutal oppression to keep costs down.  Even prisoner labor was used in some of the more dangerous positions.  Dissent was relentlessly hounded out, but it persisted all the same, in secret.  Elise Dsuna first arose to leadership as the leader of an underground fraternal order of workers.

With the empire gone, what was once the beating heart of the empire is now the beating heart of democracy.  No people anywhere were more eager to cast out the imperials then the Athenians.  When the change finally came, it came suddenly.  The imperial garrisons were overrun and the people declared a new government built on egalitarian ideals.  And among the chaos Elise Dsuna went from being an obscure leader of a small underground movement to de-facto leader of the revolution.  As Athena began to rebuild after the rebellion, Elise proved to be a competent leader.  She is hailed as a woman of the people and her attempts to get the industrial giant of Athena running again have won public approval.  Athena is becoming an industrial giant again; united no longer in oppression but in the radical egalitarian fervor of it's people.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

What 5 Players? This isnt first come first served...
House 1 is still open as far as i am concerned
and to the Triumvirates i will put up your system this evening it's already made...i just havent found the time to make a map for it...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Interesting, gonna edit in my thingy soon.

Name: Demonic Spoon the VII
Fancy Title: Chairman of the People, Pharaoh of the Rising Sun, Satrap of Hephaistos
Starting Planet: Hephaistos
Story of Character: After the fall of the old Empire and the rise of Democracy in the Triumvirate, the Demonic Spoon family quickly set themselves up as a hereditary politicial family on Hephaistos. Proving themselves again and again to be good rulers they inevitably beat all opposition in elections for the positions of Chairman of the People, Pharaoh of the Rising Sun and Satrap of Hephaistos, repeatedly and continously. People even stopped running against them and their grip on power strengthened. In the end the elections started to serve as a sort of rubber stamp of approval of their positions. Demonic Spoon the VII continued this tradition, and is now one of the three rulers of the Triumvirate.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:10:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns Play Thread (1 Noble still open)
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 02:02:17 pm »

erased.
edit reenacted my something:
House Name: Garrieres
Starting System: System 1 (guardian system)
History of the House: The Garrieres have always hated the ideas the empire had about defense, huge charges that costed thousand lives per 100 meters.
the Garriers have always preferred massive and bunker systems that make the enemy pay for every inch and preferably planets where the planet itself can defeat an unexpecting foe (guys who did not think that an atmospere could destroy an ordinary gas-mask.
when attacking they will not come in battleships, they will come quickly and strike hard before warping out of the system leaving ruin in their wake.
Religious direction: Atheists
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:36:31 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:34 pm »

If possible I call house one. Since House three was taken.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:50 pm »

House 1.
Title : Gran Soldato
House Zisaic.
Starting Planet : Argos
 House Zisaic. A house known for its bold pursuits and its rough and tumble method of weeding out the weak, They had started as a small faction in the Empire's military, a dynasty of sorts who's name garnered fame through its adherence to the Emperors will and the brutal methods they had used to achieve it. After a few generations they had finally been granted a title as Noble's and a system under their governorship,  But the other, existing houses did not want them to gain any sort of footholds in frontier worlds, misleading their scout craft to Argos instead of the much more hospitable world they had been originally assigned. But they took it in stride as a challenge, moving deep into the cave systems, suffering great losses as they had to adopt to the heavy gravity and the toxicity of the atmosphere, but as the Zisaic do, They adapted, Their breath masks being a sign of cultural pride as the stout people take advantage of their hostile environment
Religon : Moderate- Leaning Loyal.
Raggle Fraggle

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns Play Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 03:19:35 pm »

House Name: Argonians
Starting System: House 1
History of the House: The Argonians highly disargree with the church,because it stole the land from their people we watched them starve before,so we fought them were ever we could. That is why they love inventing long range planet based ship defeneses, and advanced farming techniques. They wish to become the best defended family without need for a giant space fleet. They also aim to keep their people safe, and happy.
Religious direction: Heathen
Religion: Technologists

The Technologists believe in the one, and true god. He gave them the technology to fight against their foes, and protect their land. They wish to advance their technology as fast as possible, and overthrow the corrupt church. They pray to God, and ask him to help them in times of trouble, because in the end he will save them from a religion that has wronged many of his children. He gave birth to us all, and so shall we end with him taking our lives, and us going to his pallace to live with hm for the rest of eternity.
adwarf have house 1
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 03:20:41 pm »

I also gave my planet a name Garthon Six says so in the updated post.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 03:28:08 pm »

It is for Ghazkull to say...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns Play Thread (player confusion)
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »

The Empire has fallen and with it most of the society. The Outer and Mid Rim worlds have completely lost contact to the empires Core.

What is left are a hand full of systems, drenched in progroms,crusades and civil war. Most of the technology has been lost and what can be regained is to be seen. Even the Star of Hope, The Triumvirate, threatens to dissolve as strange cults worsen the relations with the Church and mutant revolts and progroms threaten to destroy the economy.

Hireoto Vain leered at the three persons assembled in front of him, awaiting their reactions as he activated the wall-filling Vid Screen. A handsome man with gel-laden black hair begins to speak:

Good Evening and Welcome to TNN. I am Peter Shaw and this are todays news:

Another 1000 dead as large scale progroms against Mutants escalate on Hive-City Hephaistos Prime...

the grizzled old Counselor, changed the program

...as Imperial Cult Fanatics burned a whole family on grounds of heresy...

and again

...Imperial Security Solutions inc. claims that the 200 striking workers attacked their men therefore justifying the retaliation...

the screen went black.

My Dear Triumviri, i hope you see the problem. Any comments?

It is Midday on Vengeance, or whatever you might describe it. The only difference to any other time of the day was that the brownish fog that obscured the sky had taken a beige colour. The Messenger was running over the massive courtyard of the fortress towards the Strategy room. The dark cement walls were crackign everywhere and in some places some sturdy lichen was growing. Completely out of breath he finally opened the doors to the room.

Sir!...Cult Movement...their marching towards Clanlands! At least 4 to 5000 men...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns Play Thread (Finally we can Begin)
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 05:09:23 pm »

Grand Patriarch Klaus von Crct watched the swarm of workers who were crawling over the rubbish left by the building that used to stand where the new hospital will be risen. Soon the peasants will have their health and he will have his play ground of patents to ‘cure’.

He sat back in his chair and contemplated the loss of knowledge of the past hundred years. Most was lost to his house. Knowldges of how to induce mutations, control genes, twist DNA, mix Xeno and human DNA… Even the most basic knowledge were lost or distorted… human anatomy, chemistry, Bioengineering, Oncology, Neuroscience… Klaus vowed to himself he would regain this knowledge for his family, that was the work of his lifetime and he would do it one bloody discovery at a time if need be.

He broke himself from these thoughts… after all he had work to do. He turn back to the inner of his study and picked up a blood stained and walked to the head of his examination table. There he gently marked a small circle on the crown of his patients head with a stick of black wax.

“Now today” He said “We will be looking for the language center of the brain… yes that’s good… keep up those screams… they will tell me when I hit it.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5