Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bone Axe, Awesome or Fail?  (Read 3874 times)

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bone Axe, Awesome or Fail?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »

Everyone seems oddly happy about this.
Picture it from their perspectives: This incredibly amazing, insanely well-crafted work of dwarven artisanship, a symbol of the warlike dwarves and their trusty donkeys, now graces their hall, ceremonially swinging down in an arm from the ceiling every time a dwarf passes beneath it before sliding back up into its resting place, hanging down from the top of the cave.

Plus if a goblin ever gets into the dining hall it'll bean him in the noggin', and dwarves like to think about that too.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 04:36:02 pm »

unfortunately given it's material's, a bonk on the noggin is probably all it will do :P mind you if a goblin invasion get's that far into my fort then my field of Iron Axe Blade traps backed by my ballistic Silver War Hammer traps probably failed and i'm screwed anyway.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 04:37:16 pm »

You simply need to mod the Goblins to be called Philistines.

This.

Judges 15:15 (NLT):
Then he found the jawbone of a recently killed donkey. He picked it up and killed 1,000 Philistines with it.

Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:25 pm »

unfortunately given it's material's, a bonk on the noggin is probably all it will do :P mind you if a goblin invasion get's that far into my fort then my field of Iron Axe Blade traps backed by my ballistic Silver War Hammer traps probably failed and i'm screwed anyway.
I'm imagining a goblin seige rushing down the hallway, and then all of the sudden MACHINE GUN HAMMERS come flying from the walls. Then, as one final goblin stands dazed and bleeding, from a crack in the cieling slowly descends a bone axe, which clunks him lightly on the forehead. He falls over, dead.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 04:47:09 pm »

Actually that is quite a funny image, but by ballistic hammers i meant that the goblins on the receiving end of the traps become ballistic items, and if i've laid it out right, they should land directly on the field of weapon traps that should have juuuust reset after the first wave was minced by them ^^

I'm getting a little Evil Genius with my trap layouts lately.
Pages: 1 [2]