Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dabbling Biter is OP (Or, Salute Your Warriors )  (Read 1865 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Dabbling Biter is OP (Or, Salute Your Warriors )
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:17:43 pm »

All hail 'Eyebiter' Likotstettad!
Hip-hip...
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
Re: Dabbling Biter is OP (Or, Salute Your Warriors )
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 01:37:59 pm »

Action movies frequently have scenes where the hero is entangled with a baddie and it looks like a stalemate. Then the hero brings his head back and bashes the baddie in the nose with his forehead.

This dwarf obviously had a better idea...
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 01:58:03 pm »

It's like the Bride's eye-pluck, but with his teeth!?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 02:16:50 pm »

The full story is downright heroic. I had begun a transfer from temporary workshops down in the valley to a fortified structure being carved out of the mountain peak. Almost all of my dwarves were safely tucked away, save one marksdwarf who was off duty inside the old valley's mine, when a goblin ambush hit. I locked him in the mines and the civilians in the new fort and my marksdwarves shot up the invader enough they retreated. I then let everyone back out for some lovely goblinite recovery. My marksdwarf who was in the mine is then walking his way back to the fort when surprise! A second goblin ambush of swordsgoblins, lead by a hammergoblin, jumps the poor marksdwarf at point-blank. He was armed only with his shield and dagger, with an iron helm and a mail shirt. It wasn't looking good, but the civilians had a chance to flee, save one. My chief medical dwarfette, baby in tow, was off to get a bucket of water, spitting distance from the goblins. If she was spotted, it was over for her and the fortress firstborn! I quickly get her to stop hauling the bucket, then she panics and runs off into the hills. Knowing my lone marksdwarf is doomed without help, I send in the rest of the miltia. Captain Likotstettad runs down the hill at full speed, an armored boulder of axe-wielding fury, and proceeds to tear into five goblins at once, starting with a leg-severing sneak attack on the enemy leader. Under a hail of iron bolts he proceeds to hack the swordsgoblins to bits, who are busy trying to chop the iron-helmed head of my marksdwarf off, who by this point had lost his left leg and arm and was most reasonably just laying there being as unkillable as possible. Things still looked bad until the Captain pulled this horrifying display of utter contempt for goblin-kind, prompting a rout as the quailing fiends realized their doom was nigh. Riddled with bolts they retreated, most perishing as the Captain hounded them down.

"Lady's-Savior" Inaletur is now recovering in the hospital and should enjoy a long career of breaking in new recruits through verbal berating and wrestling, while I think "Eyebiter" Likotstettad is going on quite a few walls.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 01:46:49 am »

My dwarves finest hour was my crippled hammerdwarf biting a goblin in the mouth from behind, sending the head sailing off in an arc.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29:07 am »

My dwarves finest hour was my crippled hammerdwarf biting a goblin in the mouth from behind, sending the head sailing off in an arc.

"Hey!"
*tap on shoulder*
*goblin turns around*
"AARHN*
*head sails off in an arc*
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:57 pm »

Once an insane dwarf (failed mood) scratched off some poor fellow's pet dog's leg. He must have had big fingernails.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 04:12:29 pm »

Mine: Axedwarf latching on to the guts of a gobbo, and swinging him around. Someone should sketch this.
This is a blank sig.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:32:14 pm »

Once an insane dwarf (failed mood) scratched off some poor fellow's pet dog's leg. He must have had big fingernails.

I remember something G-Flex was talking about, where he had done some of his extensive testing of the combat system, and came up with an instance of dwarves decapitating creatures with their fingernails.  They weren't even small creatures, either.  It's not as hilariously overpowered as flinging a clod of dirt or a fluffy wambler or even vomit and causing someone's chest to explode in gore, but pinching an elephant's head off with your fingernails is pretty absurd.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »

Dwarves have very poor hygiene. After a few years, some of them are bound to have fingernails that are a few inches long.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 09:38:07 am »

Biting chirurgical strike:
Quickly drawn, but true story:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 11:38:05 am »

Drakon? Are you russian? :P
Oh, probably, judging by "kulik" :). Still, a typo.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 01:28:49 pm »

A typo but yeah, slovak not russian, that's also slavic.  :)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 02:39:57 pm »

Finis sanctificat media.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 09:46:36 am »

Expert biters are great. Fingers, thumbs, ears, noses come off pretty easily, and it takes about 4-6 digits to make a human-sized thing bleed to death. The first two things are easily targeted, but if you manage to bite off someone's nose it causes extreme pain :D