Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released  (Read 61266 times)

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.21 Released
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »

A mineral variety setting as well as a scarcity one would be really awesome. Also, more coal, lol.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2011, 01:32:48 am »

This thread is noticeably quieter than the other release threads we've had lately, and I'm inclined to think that's because there are so fewer bugs. So, cracking job, Toady. I've not noticed many bugs pertaining to the recent additions. That said there are plenty of old bugs that will hopefully be fixed in the next release. New bugfixes will no doubt lead to new bugs, though..
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Dradym

• Bay Watcher
  • if its hard, overly complex, but fun, its a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2011, 02:56:08 am »

i would like to request the next bugs to be fixed(if they arent already...i havent checked out anything because some of these havent been fixed as far as i can see)

animal training bugs-cant make guard bears, cougars and the like.
dungeon master
underground farming

after that stuff...continue on with the caravan arc!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2011, 07:37:27 am »

This thread is noticeably quieter than the other release threads we've had lately, and I'm inclined to think that's because there are so fewer bugs. So, cracking job, Toady. I've not noticed many bugs pertaining to the recent additions. That said there are plenty of old bugs that will hopefully be fixed in the next release. New bugfixes will no doubt lead to new bugs, though..

In 31.29, Toady fixed almost all bugs brought by the new features on 31.19. Now he will fix old bugs for two weeks before working on new features. I think this is a nice plan of releases.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2011, 08:46:59 am »

i would like to request the next bugs to be fixed(if they arent already...i havent checked

Really?  You couldn't even bother to check?

underground farming

If you mean the part where underground soil needed mud, that was fixed a few versions back.

I'm very, very pleased by this change from Mantis, for the next release:
The current state now with fixes applied is that dwarves with one leg or a broken leg will use a crutch, and dwarves without legs or that can't use either leg but are otherwise treated and healthy will just move around slowly on the ground. There could be more for legless dwarves later, but it is out of bug territory now.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2011, 10:59:01 am »

The ghost bug is probably the most important bug that needs to be fixed right now, because that's a real fortress killer. I'm certainly looking forward to the crutch bug being fixed, though too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The soap spam bug I'm really looking forward to being fixed. Diplomat/liason bugfixes will also certainly be welcome, and more intelligent military equipping will be grand. I was going to say being able to clean walls will be a bonus, but I've just noticed a bloodstained wall that is now free of blood in my fort! I guess that's been fixed?

I've got to say, .21 is a great release. I thought .18 was good, but .21 is just great.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2011, 11:14:04 am »

it looks like the even releases are still gonna be the longest-lasting ones, with 1 feature release and 1 or 3 releases for bug fixing - this time it's basically 3.

Also: OMG THANK YOU SO MUUCHHH!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2011, 11:21:22 am »

I was going to say being able to clean walls will be a bonus, but I've just noticed a bloodstained wall that is now free of blood in my fort! I guess that's been fixed?

Walls can already be cleaned-by-proximity, because cleaning the target tile (the tile the dwarf stands on) also cleans the 8 surrounding tiles, even if they are walls. Unfortunately, since a dwarf can't really stand on a wall, walls themselves aren't targeted for cleaning.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:24:05 am by Niveras »

Ganthan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2011, 09:19:09 pm »

Crutches and plaster casts fixed?!  I was honestly starting to think that this was the kind of stuff that required an AI rewrite because he kept persistently not fixing them.

As appreciative as I am about all these new features and bug fixes getting cranked out so fast, it's making it tough for me to keep a fort going for any good length of time.  It seems like every time I start one some news comes out about upcoming features or bug fixes and I'm like, "Well shoot.  I may as well wait for that and start again."

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:07 pm »

What does 'related buddies' refer to?

Giant Pandas, Pandamen, Giant Capybaras and Capybara men.

Bejeezus those giant pandas are fairly impressive. A pair of them can often take down a roc in arena mode.

That's impressive, because as far as I can tell they're only a seventh the size of an elephant. And a roc is meant to be able to carry off an elephant.

How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2011, 05:27:29 am »

Crutches and plaster casts fixed?!  I was honestly starting to think that this was the kind of stuff that required an AI rewrite because he kept persistently not fixing them.

As appreciative as I am about all these new features and bug fixes getting cranked out so fast, it's making it tough for me to keep a fort going for any good length of time.  It seems like every time I start one some news comes out about upcoming features or bug fixes and I'm like, "Well shoot.  I may as well wait for that and start again."

That's why I've decided now is a good time for some experimental and challenging embarks. I've got to get to grips with the military sometime - it might as well be now when the delete-save-monster will kill them all anyway.  :P

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2011, 09:14:01 am »

The military screen is not difficult to use! Why do so many people get put off by it?
But .... It's so small!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2011, 09:29:47 am »

My only complait is that it is not easy to track which weapons are used and how many unused weapons of a certain type are still unused, otherwise I like the military screen.

Oh, and IIRC it is not possible to remove units once created, or was it that the noble position of the squadleader remains even after removing the squad.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:42 am »

It could use some refining (the ability to filter the list of dwarves would be nice, either dynamically based on a string you provide or a simple toggle to not show dwarves who are already in a squad), but then that is true of the overall interface itself. I tend to agree that if you can play the game, it's not a huge leap in understanding the military interface. There are some quirks that can make it annoying to use (mostly centered around frequency of training, especially archery practice) but I consider it reasonably functional.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2011, 10:10:37 am »

animal training bugs - cant make guard bears, cougars and the like.
I had war/hunting elephants in .19 IIRC, sadly they starved to death but that is another matter.
Any animals/mosters that cannot be trained are probably 'exotic' and require the DM. Wish he was fixed as well. :)

Quote from: Jeoshua
Do NC's have a thing against Kobolds? Because in my worlds they seem to attack Kobolds FAR more than any other creature.
They do both want to hang out in surface caves, maybe they will compete less if you raise the number of caves generated in worldgen?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12