Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Smalls of Oceania: OOC Thread  (Read 13449 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Oceania: OOC Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2011, 03:37:06 pm »

Sure you can join, we always need new faces!

Just post your race's
Name:
Description:
Starting Point:
(OPTIONAL) Background:
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2011, 04:03:02 pm »

Name: Sepiida
Starting Spot: A mound of live rock encrusted with coralline algae and other marine life.
Description: A cuttlefish-like mollusc. Their heads have eight small arms and two slightly longer tentacles that end in four tiny tendrils. The arms (but not the tentacles) have a single line of suckers going down them; however, all of the appendages originate from around the mouth. A webbing connects all of the appendages almost to the end. Two large eyes rest on the sides of their head and can swivel independently of the other. They have long bodies with skin that can change color, texture, and luminescence to match their environment or their moods. A Sepiida eats by stretching its arms out and engulfing its prey in the "net" formed by the webbing. The underside of the arms secretes a glue-like net that entangles its prey. It normally propels itself through the water using long lateral fins, but it can go much faster by tucking in its arms and shooting backwards using a jet of water from the siphon it uses to breathe. It can also release luminescent ink when in distress, but it can only do so once before it has to rest.
Background: These smalls are highly intelligent. Unfortunately, this works against them sometimes due to them all thinking that they know better than the others. They communicate with each other through lightning quick flashes of iridescence over their skin. (Will get around to writing more on this later, maybe... I don't really know where smalls came from and I don't want to make something up that would be contrary to anyone)

How will I have gotten there? The same ship or what? Perhaps my pod had a malfunction and didn't deploy until later, holding my smalls in stasis until they were released. Post? Post? Post? XD
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:14:55 pm by Edio »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2011, 04:13:50 pm »

You are near the where the Caerri used to be (you said live rock, after all. :) )
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2011, 04:16:35 pm »

I read about them... I'm not sure I want to be near a Zerg Caerri area. Nah, jk.  :D

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2011, 04:24:32 pm »

Holding the pod in stasis? "Living Rock"?

...Welcome to the Pyroids. We are the last smalls to emerge from the pod, having converted it into us after The Opening. We are Sentient Crystals.

LOL, jk!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 04, 2011, 04:32:06 pm »

Ehwot? Confusion everywhere... Anyway. How long are turns? C'mon.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:42:28 pm by Edio »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 04, 2011, 05:09:35 pm »

Ehwot? Confusion everywhere... Anyway. How long are turns? C'mon.
Turns are a bit out of order right now, But they should be stable this-weekish once I'm back to updating this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 04, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »

Cool. You look like a pretty good GM, so it should be fun.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 04, 2011, 05:40:15 pm »

Could we get a map of the current world, and our positions?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 04, 2011, 06:18:58 pm »

Its pretty much the same as it was before with the map. You never said where you were except 'far away', so I can't really update it anyway.

Spoiler: Colony List (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 04, 2011, 06:21:35 pm »

I see your point.  :D

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 04, 2011, 06:23:47 pm »

You forgot some things:
Pyroids have a second colony half-made, at the undersea vent between the cave and the remains of the giant kelp tree
Trestan's location is a Rift Valley.

Also, should I go to night?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 04, 2011, 06:31:53 pm »

He does have a location? I'll get the map updated once theres not a bunch of loud people around, then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 04, 2011, 09:26:14 pm »

I know that you haven't done the whole "my pod crashes to the ocean floor thing yet", but should I put in what I do on the start turn?

Also, what happened to the previous occupants of the bones?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2011, 09:28:52 pm »

Yes, add your turn please.
The Caerri were the previous occupants, I believe they were wiped out in the Deus Ex Earthquakima that cleared all the dropped players out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15