Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Smalls of Oceania  (Read 20315 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Oceania
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2011, 03:06:09 pm »

Well, is anyone still interested in continuing this? Science and Hammers seems to have died, and the explaination for WIZARD is in the Forum Games List thread. I'd forgotten this was in the Vacation section.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2011, 04:27:04 pm »

:D
It's FEF, not FEOF

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2011, 04:30:03 pm »

Yes I am.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2011, 08:00:09 pm »

I'd be willing to pick it up again.
[/post]

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »

Thats 3 out of I believe 5 people. While it would be much much easier to update with less people, there would also be less action possibilities obviously, so I will leave the question open until tomorrow-ish.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2011, 06:03:17 am »

Oh.

I'm in on continuing this.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:44 pm »

(Side note: if Draignean hasn't said anything by midnight EST tonight, I'll let a replacement in if you guys want 5 again. otherwise we'll either continue with 4 or with him. also, marking this as Light Season 2-2 so I don't mess up the timing.)

First lair, to combat the hunger, sends a large part to Second lair to help with the renewed hunting of the shelled beasts.
Third Lair continues to build the diving shell.
The shell is completed!

The Peretics mark off the place as a MASSIVE danger zone and map out the boundarys with the intent of building a big fence around it covered in warnings. The next time the floatunes visit they will ask about their shell armor to see if they can implement something similar with the crustaceans and also give them a warning about the crystals and tell them to pass it on to any other civs they encounter.
Done.

With the kelp bark amassed, the Floatune shall create a construction to allow us to at least get close to the water spout, perhaps even control part of its flow.
One of the carcasses are approached with caution, and the Floatune take a closer look at the spears.
A heavily strengthened construction is made to attempt it, while the spears are looked at. The material bears no resmblance to anything you know of, though.
Spoiler: Reminder Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Research continues. Development begins on more efficient methods of smelting Ore and crafting it. Research into clockwork mechanics begins.
A somewhat more efficient way is found, but not entirely better, while clockworks are thought about.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2011, 08:30:25 pm »

A fence is built. The Peretics begin trying to mine into the car's dashboard to reach better quality metal. They also mess with the wiring again. They build a small colony nearby the crystals, full of warriors with the intention of the inhabitants becoming the guardians of that area.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2011, 08:34:41 pm »

First lair shall clear the land around the fort for the coming of the Chief and the planting.

Second lair will resume hunting operations, in addition to this they will use their 'money' to purchase factories in third lair and staff them with thirders.

Third lair will send a exploration team down in the bell, looking for better materials.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2011, 09:53:17 pm »

Clockwork and practical uses for it are to be researched, while a new adhesive is to be either found or synthesized.
[/post]

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:19 am »

Mass expose disposable bio-architecture to the contagion, a small percentage should acquire an immunity instead of being destroyed. Then incorporate the contagion AND the the resistant architecture into the structure of all existing facilities. Give anything that takes a bite a nasty surprise.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2011, 09:06:31 pm »

The Floatune trade with the Peretics once more, offering their skill at armour making in return for some glass scavenged from the great metal beast they live in.

Applications for the Perk's exoskeleton are researched. They are too intelligent to be used in any sort of live way.

Construction is continued, using remaining shell pieces as support.

Parts of the spears are attempted to be cut off. If unable to, then abandon it and scavenge whatever meat is left on the corpse, and kill any scavengers.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2011, 09:56:12 pm »

The Floatune trade with the Peretics once more, offering their skill at armour making in return for some glass scavenged from the great metal beast they live in.

Applications for the Perk's exoskeleton are researched. They are too intelligent to be used in any sort of live way.

Construction is continued, using remaining shell pieces as support.

Parts of the spears are attempted to be cut off. If unable to, then abandon it and scavenge whatever meat is left on the corpse, and kill any scavengers.
The spears are undentable, but the scavengers are quite the opposite.
Meanwhile, one of the Perkbreakers headbutts a Perk squarely on the topside out of annoyance. Surprisingly, it stops immediately. The argument is finished immeadiately after this is reported, though not without them all trying to get the last word.
Trade is done.

Mass expose disposable bio-architecture to the contagion, a small percentage should acquire an immunity instead of being destroyed. Then incorporate the contagion AND the the resistant architecture into the structure of all existing facilities. Give anything that takes a bite a nasty surprise.
The mixed architecture changes the feel of the colony to the cleaner fish, which confuses them immensely, and they now swim in circles in place. its successfully integrates into the full colony, however.

Clockwork and practical uses for it are to be researched, while a new adhesive is to be either found or synthesized.
A slightly sticky goop is found inside a shellfish who wandered by. Clockwork is suggested as a use for Ore besides tools.

First lair shall clear the land around the fort for the coming of the Chief and the planting.

Second lair will resume hunting operations, in addition to this they will use their 'money' to purchase factories in third lair and staff them with thirders.

Third lair will send a exploration team down in the bell, looking for better materials.
The explorers come back with a tiny amount of the strange material seen before, while Second does its thing.
But the Chief has returned, with plant seeds and a grand idea! He is welcomed just as grandly as was before the Smith grew in power, which comforts him that his try to remain useful was well noticed but still appreciated. They get right to it as he explains the process.

A fence is built. The Peretics begin trying to mine into the car's dashboard to reach better quality metal. They also mess with the wiring again. They build a small colony nearby the crystals, full of warriors with the intention of the inhabitants becoming the guardians of that area.
going into the dashboard, the metal is not very improved. the wiring does not produce any new happening this time, while some warroirs march off.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2011, 10:16:00 pm »

Plans are drawn up for a colony outside the car. Expeditions are sent out to locate more resources and animal types. The Peretics mine into the plastic parts of the car and carve them into decorations and trinkets.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2011, 09:40:29 pm »

First lair has a population explosion at this point do to the new food supplies.

Second lair sends out groups to try to capture the shelled beasts and tame them.

Third lair will gather more of the material, then experiment with it. Seeing how it reacts to heat and pressure ect.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16