Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Smalls of Oceania  (Read 20276 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Oceania - 1 open space.
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2011, 07:32:11 pm »

Okay. Yeah. I am here.

Ah. Well. I guess the thing is, I am not sure if I wish to play anymore. The thing is, this game is so very freeform I am uneasy about playing under someone with out the experience and abilities of Akylon. And that go about triple for having the GM be a player in a game like this.

So yes. I guess I have to say I am out.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2011, 08:37:28 pm »

Without experience? I HAVE hosted this kind of thing before! Come on, man, we can't do anything regardless if you're not here!

And as for you not trusting me as a player, I can temporarily fix that problem.

Let's take this discussion to the OOC.

Edit: I'm going to act as if Crypt just said the master gets what he needs and research on the deep material continues, while we discuss his involvement.

The Master Blacksmith has finished his creation! It appears to be a suit of armor not unlike his previous creation, but coated with a layer of the deep material. While he was working, some researchers from Second Lair have found that the deep material carries the electrorope's electric current. This means that the new kind of armor is especially resistant to this attack, particularly because the wearer is insulated from it by the coral.

While continuing to discuss the possibility of a Peretic - Pyroid alliance, the Synth Peretic suddenly freezes, sinking to the floor!

A Massive electromagnetic pulse ripples through the water, overwhelming each and every Pyroid with its sheer intensity! They will be unable to do anything for quite some time.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:09:30 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2011, 11:10:49 pm »

the Peretics go put the Pyroid in the infirmary and continue work on the new riding harnesses and floatation devices
It's FEF, not FEOF

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Oceania
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2011, 11:13:57 pm »

Name: Trestan
Starting Spot: Whale
Description: The Trestans are small humanois fishes. They have five gills, and an osygen container inside them to allow for breathing where there is no oxygen.

Can I still get in

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »

Sure, we needed another player! But you should have a backstory, and you need a different spot, make one up even! (Cript has the whale.)
And post that in the OOC thread.
Link to the OOC if you need it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79052.new#new
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:14:09 am by PyroDesu »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2011, 08:58:04 pm »

The Trestan quickly begin to build a shelter in the most hidden,a dn secure location possible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2011, 11:18:16 pm »

Due to a delay from Crypt, I will go on for another update with him inactive before wiping him.

The Pyroids still cannot connect with one another coherently enough for anything to happen.

A minuscule object sinks to the bottom of a long, deep rift valley, but there is life in the crushing depths. A few fish, almost humanoid in appearance, and immediately go into a tiny crevasse in the rock, leaving the empty craft to sink below into the darkness, the few remaining glints of it disappearing into the void as the last of the fish wriggle into the stony chamber.
The Trestan have established themselves in the depths!

Noticing a few bits of loose, inert Pyroid crystal, the Peretics begin to experiment with then, noticing their resistance to almost anything until one of them hits it in the correct spot, causing it to disintegrate. However, this has an adverse effect, as the atomic particles of any Pyroid crystals seek any large mass in proximity to latch on to, usually in order to self-repair, causing him to be partially coated in a mono-atomic layer of crystal! However, there is a good note: a scythe claw that was tested on the crystal is also coated at its tip, making it much sharper than before. Meanwhile, another Peretic has found the igniters used by the Synth Peretic, and has found them able to ignite the black fluid they now use on occasion to get around quickly. Realizing how much more efficient this is than simple compression, she asks for permission to try the igniter with even more things.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2011, 11:20:33 pm »

The peretics give the go ahead and do more research on stuff
It's FEF, not FEOF

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2011, 11:24:28 pm »

Build a city, but keep it well hidden.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2011, 11:35:01 pm »

OK guys, I've just gotten word from Aklyon to NOT wipe the Kriblits yet, so I'm counting them as inactive again. He also may be coming back soon.

When tested on the fish, the Igniter stuns them for several hours, long enough for the Peretics to gather enough for a small "farm" of them.

The Trestan advance very rapidly from chipping bits of rock into tools to carving the solid rock with ornately carved tools of the hardest material they could find, a harder rock found deeper into the stone. The city soon takes shape, but is kept completely inside the crevasse, not to be seen from anything lurking above.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:52:22 pm by PyroDesu »

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2011, 03:05:49 pm »

Would it be OK if I joined?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2011, 03:07:40 pm »

I suppose.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2011, 05:34:55 pm »

Craft weapons, and shields for war, and expand the city if at all possible while still keeping it well hidden.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2011, 06:01:29 pm »

The Peretics try to get more crustaceons
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2011, 09:47:10 pm »

As soon as they land, the Sepiida will begin to examine their new surroundings and attempt to create a large hollow in the center of the mound. They will try to accomplish this by moving smaller stones from the center of the mound out until a tunnel is formed. If a part shows signs of collapse, it will be reinforced with smaller stones and glue from their nets. While this is going on, some Sepiida will look around for any kind of prey to hunt, preferably small(er) crustaceans. Mmm. Crabs.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16