Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hospital not working?  (Read 1401 times)

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hospital not working?
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:39:52 pm »

Seem to have a bit of a problem. One of my dwarves recently sustained an injury to his arm - torn artery and motor damage. But he walks around like it's fine. wont go to the hospital to have it checked out. I have a fully stocked hospital - thread, crutches, splints, water and beds and a chief medical dwarf. Why wont he go get help!

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:16:30 pm »

Seem to have a bit of a problem. One of my dwarves recently sustained an injury to his arm - torn artery and motor damage. But he walks around like it's fine. wont go to the hospital to have it checked out. I have a fully stocked hospital - thread, crutches, splints, water and beds and a chief medical dwarf. Why wont he go get help!

Because he is manly as all fuck, that's why. Sorry, dwarfly.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:18:16 pm »

version?

Hellmoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Exports: Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:48:19 pm »

This happens occasionally - if a dwarf has a non-debilitating injury that can't be treated (such as his motor nerve damage, there) they will sometimes just ignore the hospital entirely. If his arterial bleeding were worse, he'd probably go. I think it may also have something to do with their innate healing: I've had dwarves get up before treatment was complete and proceed to walk off some pretty nasty injuries.
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:07:09 pm »

Every time I have a dwarf who loses an arm, they stand up and go about their business.  No stitches.  It's kind of terrifying how nonchalant they are about it.

But then you get someone stabbed in the ankle, and they just sit there wailing about it for an eternity....  God I hate dwarves.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »

Give that dwarf a medal. And replace his useless arm with an axe
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 11:19:18 pm »

Dwarves are really... well... dwarven

I've heard of a dwarf that lost both of his arms and held his axe in his mouth. It's in somebody's sig.

I've also have humans (heavily modded game) running around with rotten brains. They do not die, and only die on the next physical damage they encounter even if it is a bruise.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

ThePup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 05:42:11 am »

I've also have humans (heavily modded game) running around with rotten brains. They do not die,

That's reasonably realistic... I've seen a number of them in my workplace...

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 08:08:18 am »

I've also have humans (heavily modded game) running around with rotten brains. They do not die,

That's reasonably realistic... I've seen a number of them in my workplace...
harrr, harr, harr.
OMG, is that you boss? :s
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.