Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 208781 times)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2011, 02:14:48 pm »

This was unintentional, but I once edited the Mayday graphics set in a way that duped some of the raws.  The result was that forgotten beasts were a wild animal type that would constantly appear in groups and wander around the map, right down to forgotten beast meat being available in the embark provisions.

No, I can't remember how I did it, though I think it was related to duplicating the creature_subterranean raw file.

As far as intentional mods, I made Spirits of Fire a playable adventurer race in 40d.  I was flying into and out of chasms, and would wander into towns and chat with people until they spontaneously ignited (Child: Hi!  Nice to meet you, Spirit of Fire!  I'm three years old!  FOOM!).  Usually all I'd need to do to fight off ambushes is just stand in one place and wait for my attackers to catch fire.  Was finally killed when I attacked a goblin fortress and got perforated by archers.  So, now I know their weakness.  Too bad they're not in the game anymore, they were apparently one of the most badass Bosses In Mook Clothing of gaming.

Hmm, maybe I should make them a magma sea dweller.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2011, 08:53:03 pm »

So far, the weirdest thing I have modded for Dwarf Fortress would be chainmail bikinis for those hairy drunken midgets. As I was testing them out in Arena mode, I found out that the elves of course had wooden chainmail bikinis. Now, that's going to leave a few awkward splinters isn't it?

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2011, 09:47:58 pm »

So far, the weirdest thing I have modded for Dwarf Fortress would be chainmail bikinis for those hairy drunken midgets. As I was testing them out in Arena mode, I found out that the elves of course had wooden chainmail bikinis. Now, that's going to leave a few awkward splinters isn't it?

Well, some American Indian tribes used to make undergarments out of cedar bark, so it's not all that strange.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »

Pansy elves deserve it, not making their beachwear out of steel like real men dwarves do.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2011, 04:14:56 pm »

Turtles that had their shells melted on spawn, had an attack called 'hug', and breathed fire, and released a deadly syndrome called 'turtle's hug' from their shells.

They killed my giant whale that breathes deadly, knockback inflicting gas in several hits. SEVERAL.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 27, 2011, 10:35:34 am »

Well, just look at my "the evil catsplosion" thread....
I wanted to make dragons "catsplosionable" and purchasonable on embark, and what do I get?
Amphibian wo/men purchasable on embark (with the cost of the modded dragon, Petvalue 1/2+1 rounded down=1)
well, i didnt even know they where tameable....
greetz, Freddy
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 31, 2011, 05:29:42 pm »

New to modding but just finished an improved deadlier version of the Tigerman
 - 180kg and much larger body frame
 - Adamantine Skeleton/teeth/claws and Horn on head for the ability to gore its victims
 - Skin made from a material approx 30% tougher than leather
 -Adamantine Teeth w/Fangs with a 1/3 chance of injecting A syndrome that causes near permanent muscular paralysis

So far so good , while not unbeatable  they can still take a fairly heavy beating, only weakness is death from blood loss
or heart/lungs being peirced

An interesting thought, If I targeted the paralysis Syndrome at the enemies Brain  would it slip them into a Coma or just kill them ? any experience with this ?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:28 pm »

It should just kill them because well with Candy Teeth injecting it there won't be much left of that Gray matter.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2011, 03:55:54 pm »

The Inspiration: My sister was playing Super Mario Sunshine and walked by a Yoshi egg.

The Idea: "Hmmm, explosions are awesome, and eggs are kinda like bombs in that they're roundish and make a big mess on impact! Holy Armok, I should combine these concepts!"

The Plan: Make an egg monster that "explodes" (i.e. turns into a cloud of superheated gas) on death.

The Finished Product: A creature with an egg-shaped main body which contains a yolk-like 'brain' and a highly-explosive interstitial fluid [fair enough] and is coated in orange jelly [that's... a bit out of left field...] from which extends five gelatinous limbs containing gray fibers that allow movement; four of these limbs are used for locomotion, while the fifth ends in a snout and is used to soak up organic matter after the creature dissolves it with spat-up enzymes, housefly-style [...congratulations, you took an exploding egg and turned it into a B-grade SF monster].
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 31, 2011, 10:33:38 pm »

An interesting thought, If I targeted the paralysis Syndrome at the enemies Brain  would it slip them into a Coma or just kill them ? any experience with this ?
It wouldn't do anything. All that is required for a brain to work is that it exists and is undamaged. If you want them to slip into a coma then you want the unconsciousness syndrome instead of the paralysis, and if you want to kill them then you could try paralyzing/impair function on their lungs. I also believe that an impair function syndrome on the brain would do what you are looking for, but I'm not 100% certain that that will work.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2011, 10:48:10 pm »

It wouldn't do anything. All that is required for a brain to work is that it exists and is undamaged. If you want them to slip into a coma then you want the unconsciousness syndrome instead of the paralysis, and if you want to kill them then you could try paralyzing/impair function on their lungs. I also believe that an impair function syndrome on the brain would do what you are looking for, but I'm not 100% certain that that will work.
It should work, but it might end up killing the poor creature, as it would shut everything down. meaning, suffocation. But like i2amroy im not 100% sure either

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2011, 11:59:01 pm »

The Inspiration: My sister was playing Super Mario Sunshine and walked by a Yoshi egg.

The Idea: "Hmmm, explosions are awesome, and eggs are kinda like bombs in that they're roundish and make a big mess on impact! Holy Armok, I should combine these concepts!"

The Plan: Make an egg monster that "explodes" (i.e. turns into a cloud of superheated gas) on death.

The Finished Product: A creature with an egg-shaped main body which contains a yolk-like 'brain' and a highly-explosive interstitial fluid [fair enough] and is coated in orange jelly [that's... a bit out of left field...] from which extends five gelatinous limbs containing gray fibers that allow movement; four of these limbs are used for locomotion, while the fifth ends in a snout and is used to soak up organic matter after the creature dissolves it with spat-up enzymes, housefly-style [...congratulations, you took an exploding egg and turned it into a B-grade SF monster].

.....Meh. Sounds like a typical subterrainan monster. :D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #357 on: January 01, 2012, 12:19:48 am »

.....Meh. Sounds like a typical subterrainan monster. :D
Moldy slime egg lol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 01, 2012, 12:44:13 am »

That's a monstrosity of an egg...

Imagine what hatches out of it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher