Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 208631 times)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #330 on: September 25, 2011, 07:21:14 pm »

5% of cats are Nyancats, and another 5% are Tacnayns?

Courage Wolf ([NOFEAR]) and Insanity Wolf ([SAVAGE][LIKES_FIGHTING][PRONE_TO_RAGE:100])?

Awesome ideas! The wolves were easily added, but I'd better get the nyancat details fixed in another thread.

KeaponLaffin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2011, 12:27:42 am »

I'm working on making dwarves as stoney as possible.
So far I got these mostly working:
Brew stone, grind stone into flour, turn stone into thread that can be made into cloth/clothing normally.

For the stone brew drink mats, I made a fanciful creature called Stone Brew God. I've only done short testing, but looking forward to seeing it pop up in engravings.
I'm thinking of removing things like farming and various animal handling skills so they must use stone as a regular food/drink/cloth source supplemented by hunting/plant gathering.

Otherwise, I don't know what I did but I was playing in Genesis Mod making my dwarfs insanely powerful. Somehow I made the Aspid Caste's venom explosive. I don't think I was modding my dwarfs to be on fire at the time, but when my Aspid bit something it tended to explode in a shower of blood. I wasn't modding the venom.
Making yer dwarfs out of Adamantine, then have their hands(entire hand, not just skin) made out of a slightly different molten Adamantine(still below the melting temp of regular Adamantine) spams you with I'm On Fire! messages. Even Burning To Death. Took no damage and I don't believe I even saw a Fire/Flame on me.
When I made a dwarf out of solid Adamantine that was just really really hot, I didn't get any burning messages even as my clothes were burning off. :)
I made a dwarf who's hair was made of fire with a headbutt attack.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2011, 07:10:01 am »

Otherwise, I don't know what I did but I was playing in Genesis Mod making my dwarfs insanely powerful. Somehow I made the Aspid Caste's venom explosive. I don't think I was modding my dwarfs to be on fire at the time, but when my Aspid bit something it tended to explode in a shower of blood. I wasn't modding the venom.

Did you mod any of the material templates?
Because that could do it if you change the right one.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 02, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »

I made rubber ducks.  They're small brainless semi-aquatic pets which can be butchered for rubber, a leather-like material that can be used without tanning.  (Yes, I have rubber armor.)

Also, exploding body parts.
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2011, 09:23:44 pm »

Corrupts, a race of burning men with metal bones and muscles.  As well as their opposites, pures, which have skin made of ice and body temperatures of negative five quadrillion degrees.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 02, 2011, 10:14:25 pm »

Corrupts, a race of burning men with metal bones and muscles.  As well as their opposites, pures, which have skin made of ice and body temperatures of negative five quadrillion degrees.

I'm not so sure if DF handles negative temperatures ;>_>

Also, -5,000,000,000,000,000 degrees urist is, like, 5,000,000,000,009,400 degrees below absolute zero <_<

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 03, 2011, 04:24:51 am »

A while back, I modded archangels into 40d. They had horrible eye lasers, razor wings, and looked like this:

Kinda stupid hard to kill though.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2011, 02:55:13 am »

Lupins. The flower. You can eat them, mill them for "multicolored" dye, process them into thread, and brew them into Lupin Liquor. I may have been on something of a Monty Python's Flying Circus kick.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2011, 07:28:32 am »

Here's something to keep the thread alive...

Among dogs, there are now cooldogs and staredogs.

Few of the cats are longcats, battlecats (butchering gives a shell from their lime helmet), ninjacats and speedycats.

One percent of horses are amazing.

Aside from a certain child-snatching bear, its hard to think of more memes to mod in.

Mods cats to upgrade rams.
[Signature]

Scottzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Water is truly the most dwarven of fluids
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2011, 12:36:31 am »

Considering I only started playing recently, and haven't even decided to seriously attempt a successful fort yet, my modding is rather tame. The only really impressive thing is a flesh blob which explodes into superheated gas as soon as it takes any damage
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Atomicdoom

• Bay Watcher
  • Stand back! I got this. *DEAD*
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2011, 04:14:12 am »

Space Marines.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 06, 2011, 09:02:50 am »

I'm not so sure if DF handles negative temperatures ;>_>

Also, -5,000,000,000,000,000 degrees urist is, like, 5,000,000,000,009,400 degrees below absolute zero <_<
I am well aware of this.  I'm not sure DF actually recognizes their temperature exactly, but they cause cold damage to clothing and instantly freeze water, so that part is good.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2011, 01:40:03 pm »

I very aggressively mod my games. The biggest oddity I've insisted on doing was adding genitals. Including a mammary material and tissue layer, which shows up on butchering any female creature, and can be eaten like basic meat.

Other than that, the oddest things I've done are probably...

...The Hy-five-dra

...A vast collection of cryptozoological creatures taken from wikipedia. (in 40d. hasn't been updated for 2010 in full but a few are working)

...Poetry and legend shapes to appear in engravings. Illegible because it's considered just a shape, but thank Armok for that; dwarven poetry could cause spontaneous combustion!

...rock and gem crabs as endoliths.

...mushroom men! That can be milked for booze-milk. Which is only useful for cheese... Of course, the mushroom men are totally immune to fire, and I think magma as well, despite being quite flammable, which means they will commonly be lit on fire and run around your fort spreading death.

...And I'm currently making some horrifyingly difficult adventurer megabeasts/semi-megabeasts of each of the 5 main races. (one group starting with naturally expert combat skills, the other group legendary.) Your only hope is to out-legendary them, because even the less powerful ones seem to reach legendary skill during worldgen. I've decided to forgo giving them body-part armor considering how incredibly difficult it is to land a hit on them in the first place.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 24, 2011, 01:08:48 pm »

...So I was playing with an awesome mod which puts My Little Ponies into the DF universe. And I thought, what would make the game even more in tune with "grimdark" fanfiction (even though it already has pony-flesh cupcakes)? Wait a second... "grimdark"? In the grim darkness of the... yes, that's what it needs! TYRANIDS! And since it's My Little Pony, they'll be PONY TYRANIDS!!! And I did just that.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 24, 2011, 02:01:38 pm »

Woah, since when did this thread get 23 pages!? I need to start adding some sort of competition element or something. Strangest in category, with "WTF0_o" "Awesome" "You Have Problems" and maybe a few other categories.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56