Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 205180 times)

Clowny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2011, 05:29:18 am »

Well, out of curiosity and exploration of the games vast options and variation. i decided to make a crazy mish-mash of all the 'Scary' creatures of the game

the result = A Deadly Skeletal Pit Boss of Death, i had no idea how to set it to FB... so they spawned... EVERYWHERE.
You can't make something a forgotten beast, they're randomly generated. You could make it a mega or semi megabeast, though.

Which tag? i never found it.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2011, 05:35:25 am »

Unless it was intentional, you might want to add a few [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:xxx], otherwise you could end up with orc places with pretty, lovely, flowery names.  :-*
I'm fine with the flowery names.  I'm going for more a boisterous, violent joie de vivre, so orcs that loev flowers is cool.  Also, my idea for 'em came about when I didn't realize giving them the "birth" art/sphere/whatever would make them emblazon their shields with babies.  The mental image of humongous, ridiculously strong, half-naked green guys charging into battle and eviscerating everything while using bloodspattered shields decorated with babies was hilarious, so if I keep from culling other stuff I might get lucky with something else funny.

The old version spawned the screenshot in the :D in my sig, FYI.

Technically they're not in yet, but I'm also not working on cats-with-hands-for-heads-and-also-there-are-mouths-in-the-palm-and-fingers (so they can chew six holes in you while choking you out), spider-kobolds stuck in a permanent state of dreaming (or just having a really big emphasis on it in their entity file), and a flying tooth monster that has a slightly-smaller-tooth for a head, with a maw of four really pointy, even smaller teeth, that it glows as if it were RED Ubercharged all the time.

I kinda got attacked by the last one in a dream once.  I think it was my grandmother, transformed, but I digress.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2011, 05:39:58 am »

Well, out of curiosity and exploration of the games vast options and variation. i decided to make a crazy mish-mash of all the 'Scary' creatures of the game

the result = A Deadly Skeletal Pit Boss of Death, i had no idea how to set it to FB... so they spawned... EVERYWHERE.
You can't make something a forgotten beast, they're randomly generated. You could make it a mega or semi megabeast, though.

Which tag? i never found it.

[MEGABEAST] or [SEMIMEGABEAST], plus [ATTACK_TRIGGER:(population #):(exported wealth #):(created wealth #)].  Without an attack trigger, they'll show up at random, which can be almost immediately after embark.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

Most of the weirdest stuff I modded was long before the 2010 version, and I can't really remember most of it, but:

-Golems made out of random stone. When they died they would turn into a masterwork statue of the material they were made of. This would result in pretty much anything from sand statues to star ruby statues if I recall correctly. Also I made them domestic which resulted in me dropping them from huge heights to get the valuable statues.

-A number of attempts to mod firearms into the game, mostly looking terrible.

-Bomb golems. Which involved taking the thermonuclear catsposion technique and applying it to golems. Did I mention that these were domestic pets as well?

-'Mechs' which were basically golems which could launch fireballs, or dragonfire, and I think at some point I tried making one that could launch silk that would ignite in flames when shot. The last one went very, very badly since I don't know how to stop dwarves from making clothing out of that kind of silk.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »

the males milkable for semen

I know this was said a while ago, but by Armok's beard, by Urists pick, By Bomrek's kitten, I SHALL SIG THIS! HURRAAAH! HURRAAAH! HURRAAAAH!
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2011, 01:20:04 pm »

I just made sun berry spears. I used them to kill a giraffe.
It was awesome.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2011, 04:30:59 pm »

In 40d I made a "carp dragon," which was an amphibious megabeast six-legged dragon of massive proportions.  I made it extremely decorated with all kinds of frills and things, which also made it harder to kill because each of those frills counted as a body part that could be selected for attack, so you spent forever whacking at random pieces without ever getting at its body.  It didn't have any attack triggers so it could show up whenever it wanted.  It was pretty dangerous, and when killed it dropped a sheet of scales that a set of custom reactions could turn into various pieces of adamantine-quality armor.

I regularly add strange domestic creatures for the dwarves, because them using above-ground animals like goats and cows bothers me. 

I'm currently working on a mod based on Watership Down, which includes things like an enemy civ composed of weasels, badgers, foxes, dogs, etc.  All animals have [INTELLIGENT], and dwarves, elves, and goblins are semimegabeasts.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

DwarvenBuffet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2011, 04:31:13 pm »

Using inspiration from you amazing people I created a pet sub-species egg-laying elf now to make it milkable. Mmmmm elf egg surprise... with sprinkles!

EDIT: need some help making milk drinkable and a reaction for transferring it to a barrel. If you guys want the pets or to help make this perfect just ask. btw first mod

EDIT2:the milk is going to be the regular kind cept it'll be drinkable, this is my first mod so unless you can make me a seperate template or item or whatever im going to have to stick with that
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:28:04 pm by DwarvenBuffet »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2011, 04:37:18 pm »

Using inspiration from you amazing people I created a pet sub-species egg-laying elf now to make it milkable. Mmmmm elf egg surprise... with sprinkles!
I'd love some -elf breastmilk roast [10]-'s!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2011, 05:10:54 pm »

What about -elf hornmilk roast [10]-?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2011, 06:13:53 pm »

i still dont know how a can read this with out puking
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

DwarvenBuffet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »

I gave up on the mod it just kept giving me errors oh well  :'(

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2011, 08:50:47 pm »

rember the errorlog is your friend use it to make your mod my little bearded friend use it to make the mod work!

also show us what doesnt work we will help you i did! some what

pep talk brought to you by peptalksr'us inc. any dumb ideas are only considered our falt if they work
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

DwarvenBuffet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2011, 02:15:44 pm »

ok fine you can have the raw data (i tweaked it a bit *requires succubus-incubus mod (find it in the community mod list))  :-\

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2011, 02:51:36 pm »

Coca plants. They're just edited quarry bushes.
You can process them for cocaine.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56