Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 205195 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2011, 02:05:12 am »

Carp with a 'water tank' (lungs), robotic metal legs, and a lasergun strapped to their head.

FRIGGIN' CARP WITH FRIGGEN' LAZ0R BEAMS!

Anyway, the weirdest thing I modded in was a gravity gun. That's all...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2011, 08:31:54 am »

For the love of armok post those raws so they may spread !!FUN!! to all the good little dwarves
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2011, 09:22:08 am »

I ever tell you about the time I added artificial babies as shields?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2011, 09:58:54 am »

Modding a creature to give booze when milked results in a bucket with booze in it.  This will never be transferred to a barrel.  Nor will dwarves drink from it, even when thirsty, but they will dump it on the floor when they need to empty the barrel to milk the creature for more booze.  It seems that alcohol in a bucket just doesn't work.  (It may be possible to cook the milked alcohol, however - I'll need to test this) ETA:  Nope, can't cook it either.  So far it seems milk is the only liquid you can usefully extract.
A bit of a late reply, but the reason is that alcohol uses the DRINK item type, while milking a creature produces a LIQUID_MISC item, and dwarves don't drink LIQUID_MISC items unless they're made of WATER. As for not being able to cook it, is it possible to cook milk that hasn't yet been transferred to a barrel?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »

Carp with a 'water tank' (lungs), robotic metal legs, and a lasergun strapped to their head.

I was slaughtered five minutes after embark.

What has science done!?

But seriously you can't post something that cool and not give us the raws.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2011, 12:30:13 am »

Making playable intelligent rats. I didn't know how to make them hold things at the time so I couldn't really do much but it was still really fun having them struggle to gather wild plants and fend off constant raids from their dreaded enemy: the rhesus macaque.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Random_Physics_Nerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2011, 10:18:29 am »

Just wondering, but if one were to add [DOES_NOT_EXIST] to the creature raw of the Dwarfves, then try to embark with them? I think it might be rather interesting, if it doesn't outright crash.
Take two magma and call me in the morning.
I was thinking about pumping magma up his legs and having a floodgate in his crotch. What could be more dorfy than pissing magma upon your enemies?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2011, 10:25:31 am »

Just wondering, but if one were to add [DOES_NOT_EXIST] to the creature raw of the Dwarfves, then try to embark with them? I think it might be rather interesting, if it doesn't outright crash.
If you do it in the raws and make a new world, Fortress mode wouldn't be there. If you just put it in an existing world, it would do nothing. That's what I think.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2011, 10:26:28 am »

Nothing happens.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2011, 12:45:59 pm »

I've made a race of echidnas. I'm still developing the entity and graphics, so if you want them, it'll have to wait.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2011, 06:54:45 pm »

Wow, I've finally registered for this, my time lurking in these forums is over. :'( Given up to post on a thread about weird things you've modded in...

Anyway, on to what I modded in.

The only weird thing I've ever done is mod in a Giant fluffy wambler with adamantine skin and pudge with an incredibly poisonous bite as a playable adventurer.
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2011, 09:42:27 pm »

awesome and welcome to the forums

we should make a thread to hold the raws of all these ideas and one day combine them into the most dwarish item ever
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2011, 11:30:03 pm »

I'm seriously considering making Bismuth and Bismuthinite bright pink. Why, you ask? Look at the active ingredient in Pepto-Bismol.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Clowny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2011, 04:00:02 am »

Well, out of curiosity and exploration of the games vast options and variation. i decided to make a crazy mish-mash of all the 'Scary' creatures of the game

the result = A Deadly Skeletal Pit Boss of Death, i had no idea how to set it to FB... so they spawned... EVERYWHERE.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2011, 04:15:17 am »

Well, out of curiosity and exploration of the games vast options and variation. i decided to make a crazy mish-mash of all the 'Scary' creatures of the game

the result = A Deadly Skeletal Pit Boss of Death, i had no idea how to set it to FB... so they spawned... EVERYWHERE.
You can't make something a forgotten beast, they're randomly generated. You could make it a mega or semi megabeast, though.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56