Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sounds  (Read 1308 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Sounds
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 11:06:27 am »

I tried leaving one blank, the one for not seeing the target, and I think it failed, but, test.

I've just tested a load of capybaras together to see if volcalization is at all related to their being several or such...

I have no idea.

All I know is, skeletal capybaras click. And I was clicking at the skeletal one. There were no other noises until I added a lot more un undead ones.

And, Toady forgot to add 'a' in front of them. So you get 'You hear click'.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 12:07:32 pm »

Further tests still show no obvious differences between the 2...
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 12:17:37 pm »

Well, on Linux, there is a strings command that I've used. It seems there is such a program for other operation systems as well.

I've just used strings + grep and it seems PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT and ALERT are the only options for SOUND tag.

Relevant snippet below:
Code: [Select]
calrogman@panther libs % strings Dwarf_Fortress | grep PEACEFUL -A 5 -B 5 -i -m 1
SHRINE
WILDERNESS_LOCATION
Unrecognized Lair Token:
HAS_DOORS
ALERT
PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT
VOCALIZATION
VESSEL
MILITARY_UNIT
GRIND_BONE_MEAL
COOK_BLOOD

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 12:21:05 pm »

Oh well. We can hope for future improvements... and continue with the science!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:38 pm »

I just set humans up to chat to eachother... problem is... if you leave out your speech, it doesn't run. If we put space, you repeatedly get 'You  .'
I can't even make it so that people say 'Hello' when you walk within a few tiles of them, because your enemies will say hello too. ¬¬

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 12:59:56 pm »

I can't even make it so that people say 'Hello' when you walk within a few tiles of them, because your enemies will say hello too. ¬¬

Wouldn't the peaceful tag stop enemies from talking around you? i'd have thought the main problem would be that they would say hello repeatedly.

EDIT:

I just set humans up to chat to eachother... problem is... if you leave out your speech, it doesn't run. If we put space, you repeatedly get 'You  .'

What happens if you put 'NONE' in personal speech?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:02:11 pm by Foamy »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 01:55:37 pm »

ALERT sounds work in combat if the frequency value is low enough. Looks like the idea of combat sounds is possible after all.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 01:59:45 pm »

Does this work in fortress mode to? Or is it restricted to adventurer mode?

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 02:05:56 pm »

Read your signature.

I said it.

I will report back. :D

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 02:23:15 pm »

No.  :'(

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 03:02:15 pm »

I think that is a good thing though as there would be so many messages.
Pages: 1 [2]