Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The tragically short life of Stonerivers. (0.31.20 fort)  (Read 1020 times)

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The tragically short life of Stonerivers. (0.31.20 fort)
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:17:09 am »

4th Granite, 251: Arrived! Immediate FUN! Attacked by aligator, fisherdwarf killed. Alligator gone chasing a goose. However, the place looks OK. Apart from that a bear is hanging around looking for food in the wagon, that may be dangerous! And we've lost the gander to the aligator.

10th Granite, 251: One miners died killing a bear. Now only 5 have left alive.

22nd Granite, 251: An alligator comes and attacks again! Another goose dead, woodcutter chopped the cursed reptile a bit.

25th Granite, 251: Carpenter dead, alligator killed by miner, that is now tantruming. Haha, launched the dead alligator in air, so angry.

The miner, went to clean self probably of killed Alligator blood.
••`•.••,•.••.••.••'☺Segmentation fault . That ended the history of Stonerivers... The dwarves did something, that wrecked the way the world works, because that, who created that world, had some mistake in implementing it among many. May be, it's related to the grass outside strangely blinking and changing it's shape, not like it happens in Evil places (that wasn't an evil place anyway).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:25:48 am by ivze »

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
Re: The tragically short life of Stonerivers. (0.31.20 fort)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:26:03 am »

This bug-fixing release needs its own bug-fixing release, perhaps. Just downloaded SDL version, and it didn't even start.
Anyway, I didn't find this in bugfixes - do kobolds and goblins still die in year 4 of worldgen ?

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:34:02 am »

Kobolds are still dying like flies around year 4 of legends. Goblins, however, feel OK; their eating requirements are not simulated, as far as I know.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:36:27 am by ivze »

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:56:27 pm »

This bug-fixing release needs its own bug-fixing release, perhaps. Just downloaded SDL version, and it didn't even start.
Anyway, I didn't find this in bugfixes - do kobolds and goblins still die in year 4 of worldgen ?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79000.0

Fixes!

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 06:18:39 pm »

Whoever has access to bug tracker can see this!
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4130
The game crashes on non-windows after digging some tunnels in soil, some bug related to grass regrowth is supposed to cause this.

Stonerivers crashed with segmentation fault just after digging out some soil for farm. And I am on linux.