Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: am i the only one?  (Read 8707 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: am i the only one?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 01:32:47 am »

what was that ace attorney jazz song people were playing with a raining loop again? it sprang a noir collaborative story in that thread, it was that good

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 01:42:00 am »

I refute your statement: Johnny Cash.
But yeah, most of it sucks.
Chet Atkins is also pretty great.

It really depends on where you draw the line at country though. For example, Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline is definitely a country album and even has Johnny Cash on it. Sometimes it can hard to distinguish between folk, country, and rock.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 01:44:42 am »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 01:47:57 am »

If it's not in a videogame, I avoid listening to music.

you have to admit though that even "still alive" gets old, to be honest i didn't pay attention to that song when i first heard it at the end of one of my favorite games. wasn't till my friends memorized it and sung it constantly that i noticed

Not being entertained by music is kind of weird, but I've heard people express similar distaste. I don't get it, but I don't get people who don't like books either.

Do you at least acknowledge that music is an important part of the film experience?

I recognize that music is used in order to enhance an emotion in the scenes of movies and games. I don't think music is evil or anything. it's just not engaging enough by itself for me to call it entertaining.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:59:20 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 02:39:45 am »

I used to be pretty meh about any sort of music then I came across a certain music that I really connected with. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 02:45:14 am »

you have to admit though that even "still alive" gets old, to be honest i didn't pay attention to that song when i first heard it at the end of one of my favorite games. wasn't till my friends memorized it and sung it constantly that i noticed

Not being entertained by music is kind of weird, but I've heard people express similar distaste. I don't get it, but I don't get people who don't like books either.

Do you at least acknowledge that music is an important part of the film experience?

I recognize that music is used in order to enhance an emotion in the scenes of movies and games. I don't think music is evil or anything. it's just not engaging enough by itself for me to call it entertaining.

Video game music is epic. Ever heard the theme song from stage one of Kirby's Dreamland on Game Boy? That song defined my childhood.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 02:47:34 am »

Am I the only one that doesn't think that music is entertaining?
You're not the only one. I generally despise music, and have never owned a single music CD nor purchased a song in any way that didn't come with a video game or movie.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 02:50:23 am »

Why do you despise music?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 02:53:46 am »

Why do you despise music?
I actually tend to despise the people who worship music, but those people have caused me to extend my hatred to music in general. ^.^

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 03:05:44 am »

ah, found it

This is far better than I expected from your description.  It is, dare I say, awesomesauce.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 03:08:07 am »

I actually tend to despise the people who worship music, but those people have caused me to extend my hatred to music in general. ^.^
Are music nerds any worse than film nerds or lit nerds? Personally I think film nerds are the most annoying, maybe because there seems to be more of them. I'd still never let them sell me out of an entire medium.

Oh jesus christ. I just realized I am a trifecta of pretension.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 03:53:11 am »

Are music nerds any worse than film nerds or lit nerds? Personally I think film nerds are the most annoying, maybe because there seems to be more of them. I'd still never let them sell me out of an entire medium.

Oh jesus christ. I just realized I am a trifecta of pretension.
I would never let anyone prevent me from something I enjoy. I don't enjoy music. I detest the culture built up around music. Without the culture, I would sill not enjoy music.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 04:28:22 am »

Video game music is epic. Ever heard the theme song from stage one of Kirby's Dreamland on Game Boy? That song defined my childhood.
I second the fact video game music is awesome.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 04:29:41 am »

I concur.

Quite frankly, I can't fathom why some people insist on having music blaring out for all their activities. All it does is irritate me when people insist on music for the sake of music.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 04:43:43 am »

Am I the only one that doesn't think that music is entertaining?

No, not even you.
I'm sure if you don't enjoy music as you know it, it is because you don't know music you enjoy.

We can do that too!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11