Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liquids in the map edge  (Read 481 times)

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liquids in the map edge
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:00:05 pm »

Okay, I breached the underground of my new fortress and noted a pattern that I never noted before. There are two underground lakes, one is 7/7 without any change and the other is draining water by one side, and filling by the other. I was already trying to wall it or throwing some magma to seal the drain off when the light in my house blinked and the computer turned off. The save game was before I breached the cavern, so when I breached again the draining lake was draining no more, all filled 7/7.
This made me wonder, anyone got a reasonable explanation for this? I know some liquids can fall off the map edge, but now this shaken my believe.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Liquids in the map edge
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:13:34 pm »

Pretty much, any two-edged natural water will generate from one side and drain from another, sucking your FPS.  Wait a month and check again, water levels will probably change.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liquids in the map edge
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 11:21:24 pm »

Pretty much, any two-edged natural water will generate from one side and drain from another, sucking your FPS.  Wait a month and check again, water levels will probably change.

That's what I always thought too. Like a brook or river. But now the lake don't suck by one edge, and almost a season has passed.