Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: If it had wings, would it fly?  (Read 887 times)

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
If it had wings, would it fly?
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:38:56 pm »

Woah. I just noticed another level of detail in DF. You know how you normally have a dwarf who's gone insane listed as 'running around, babbling'? Well, my insane dwarf seems to have lost his feet to rot, so he's actually listed as 'crawling around, babbling'! :o
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: If it had wings, would it fly?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 08:48:39 pm »

IIRC, it's always been 'crawling around babbling'.
くコ:彡

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:49:29 pm »

If it had the [FLIER] token, it would fly, otherwise the wings are just for show, such as dragons cannot actually fly :P

That's very interesting though, especially since footless dwarves are normally just hungry paperweights.  They never walk again.  Ever.  Unless they get a strange mood or go insane, and then they'll crawl around in all the ways you wish they would have before!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:44 pm »

otherwise the wings are just for show, such as dragons cannot actually fly :P
Well duh, that's because they don't have any wings. :P

Don't ask about the cave dragons.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:29:32 pm »

Dwarfs that have the [FLIER] token are quite funny , but kinda annoying because they tend to only use their wings to fly in dire situations or to run away so thus i end up finding small army s of my dwarfs stuck on top of a wall and they only get down after the start starving or dehydrating >.<
\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 01:09:08 am »

I thought whether something would actually fly was a hard-coded thing, due to pathing and whatnot.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.