Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Legends of M'ystifa  (Read 2375 times)

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends of M'ystifa
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:34:02 pm »

This is a freeware game I found a few days ago.
A pretty well made RPG game, takes place in a "fantasy" world of medieval times. Here's the description I copied off their site..

"You will build a party of four characters and each can be customized as desired. different character classes play off of each others strengths and there are 22 to choose from, there are over 60 different unique skills to choose from when building your characters, you can start the epic adventure from one of two different villages. each is unique and offers very different quests/challenges. there are 26 different villages, outposts and guard towers for the party to visit across m'ystifa. each has a variety of NPC's to meet to gather information or quests. there are dozens of shops where the party can trade it's loot or purchase new items

Each zone is hand crafted and features a variety of landscapes like mountains, forests, swamps, tundra, volcanic wastelands plus many more. each map is fully labeled and you can create notes for them to remember things you might want to come back and do later

the kensall mayor kicks off the adventure. each npc is scripted by hand with multiple options and script paths. they also remember your deeds and missteps. you control four party members, up to two pets or hirelings in battle with up to 10 creatures that work together to defeat you

each party member can wield up to two weapons, a shield, fishing pole, mining pick, casting device, plus a full suit of armor and various pieces of jewelry and relics. there are 375 unique quests to complete across the world of m'ystifa. each is hand crafted and many of them can be completed multiple ways

There are over 1100 unique spells to learn and wield. there are over 450+ unique recipes to learn from 8 different disciplines including armor smithing, weapon smithing, tailoring, jewel crafting, bone crafting, fletching, cooking and alchemy

Parties can hire help to fight alongside them in battle or seek an advisor to impart valuable wisdom/benefits. creatures drop all sorts of treasure for the party to use or sell for gold."

And finally, the link.
http://www.jjcwhodat.com/projects/lom2/index.asp

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of M'ystifa
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:59:31 pm »

Do you mean 1 or 2?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:42:15 pm »

That's odd, the author claims his game is the biggest, greatest, most ambitious RPG on the internet (as well as claiming it's 6 years old, which I believe), yet I, for one, never even heard of it. Fascinating.  ;)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:51:41 pm »

I... hm.

Quote from: Latest update notes
random adventures
uber creatures
notes summary screen
new game tips
many fixes and other enhancements

Quote from: Latest update notes
random adventures
uber creatures
notes summary screen

I'm trying to look for the stealth parody vibe but I'm just not getting it.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:58:03 pm »

The name.
It exudes generic. :I

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:03:47 pm »

did anyone try to download it? The 1.54 Patch doesn't seem to download for me...
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:37:51 pm »

The game is either a massive ego trip or a stealth parody.
Hello Hunam

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 11:59:33 pm »

is there even a screenshot?
I got nothing

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 12:12:43 am »

There is, on a gallery in the link provided on the OP, it looks rather... Dull to be honest. Like a browser rpg except its not in a browser.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

JaredConway

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:43 am »

Heyas!

I am the author of the Legends of M'ystifa series but for clarity, wanted to add a few points and to answer some of the questions. All of the software I develop is free as are all future updates and releases.

Legends of M'ystifa 2
Legends of M'ystifa 2 was released in 2011 (for the PC). It is up to version 1.07 and the full install and latest patch can be obtained here: http://www.jjcwhodat.com/projects/lom2/downloads.asp

This adventure/RPG is in active development and the latest patch came out just over a week ago. It includes a few key new features, such as:

* random adventures
* uber creatures
* notes summary screen
* new game tips
* many fixes and other enhancements

It features the largest game world ever built for a PC RPG and could take up to 100 hours to complete. This is a full-featured RPG (not a browser game - that wouldn't even be possible) and you can read about all of the details here: http://www.jjcwhodat.com/projects/lom2/features.asp

For screenshots, visit here: http://www.jjcwhodat.com/projects/lom2/gallery.asp

Legends of M'ystifa 1
Legends of M'ystifa 1 was released in 2004 (for the PC). It is up to version 1.54 and the full install and latest patch can be obtained here: http://www.jjcwhodat.com/projects/lom/downloads.asp

Thanks to everyone who has tried LOM2 out so far! Be sure to pop over to the game message boards http://www.jjcwhodat.com/boards/cats.asp?ID=8 to chat with other players, get spoilers and much more!

Jared.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 01:16:41 pm »

Looks interesting.

Downloading now...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 01:22:41 pm »

So Jared,
Can you do anything about the patch for LOM1?
I can't download it at all.

Byez.

JaredConway

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 01:56:56 pm »

You can download the LOM1 1.54 patch from my website here: http://www.jjcwhodat.com/downloads/serveme.asp?id=3. It's about 2.7 MB.

Cheers!

Jared.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 04:28:44 pm »

No I Can't. That's the problem. Well actually I can download something, but it's a 512KB file, that won't open. For reference: I found a link to the 1.53 patch on the forum. Same results. The LOM2 patch I can download. I did write all this in your forum, you know.

JaredConway

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »

It should be fixed now. The copy of the file had become corrupt somehow...I've replace it with a working archive.

Sorry about that!

Jared.
Pages: [1] 2