Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: World of the Smalls  (Read 12862 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: World of the Smalls
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 09:12:52 pm »

Name:the moppas
Starting room:dinning room
Description:a furry humanoid with thick muscular arms and a fanged maw. they're not very nice.
Under the shadow of a the Table, from the smoldering wreckage of their pod, the Moppas creep out into the world. Their muscles ripple as they pull themselves over the twisted metal, with several of them sporting a violent red fur. The rest are different colors, save for the cheiftan, who's fur is a bright white. He surveys his men with a generals eye, though he was born but minutes ago.

Today is the first day of the end of the world.

Keep my people to the shadows, but continue to search for more web to build teh " Keep "
The rest of the web is taken by the spiders! However, they look like they can produce more of the stuff, if only there was a way to get some food and tame them?

Find a way to scale the sofa
The sofa is far to large to scal entirely, but you can reach the underside with considerable skill. It's too dark here to do anything, not without some way to bring the light with you. You could start a fire, but that isn't portable...

EVENT: In the Entrance Hall, one of the great slabs of wood slams open! a bright light streams from Outside, and you feel as if all the pressure is gone from inside the house. Several beings come through the door,and then shut it before any of your tribes lose any men. Thank the gods. But what are these things?

Some of the smaller ones rush over to the crashed pods and show them to the bigger ones. The bigger ones look upset...

Survey surroundings.
Look for soft, dark place to build nest.

You are in a field of pink, looping grasses. Adorning the walls are bright splotches of color, exhibiting strnage creatures. You cannot attatch them to any discernable form from this hight, however. In the corner rests some strange sort of Thing, tall and incomprehensible. It too is coated in hot pink, much like the rest of the world.

Something large bursts into the room as you reach the underside of the strange object.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 09:14:23 pm »

HIDE!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 09:18:44 pm »

Continue to look for a dark place.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 09:31:34 pm »

Spoiler: In if there's room (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:43:02 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »

the chief shouts, his booming voice reaching every moppa in a couple inches
"Mappuk upurg boopurrak! Boo urg apur!"
Moppas spread arround, keep at a shout's range (from each other?)! shout if you find anything interesting\edible!(hard to translate, these words are synonymous in moppa)

i think this means the moppas explore their immediate, interactable vicinity

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 09:39:30 pm »

I'd like in if there is a spot left
Name:Rake
Starting room: Porch
Description:Small shelled burrowing tick like beings, though with a strange intelligence about them.  They eat wood, plant and meat.  They have an acid resistant shell allowing them to live in pools of acid that they produce to digest woods.

First act, burrow through the corner of the porch and begin living beneath the porch boards.
Nom nom nom

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 10:19:58 pm »

Order my people to stick to the shadows, and gather stuff tkaing it back to the keep. While I go, and explore the rest of what from now on will be called " The Homeland " everything outside of the desk will be called " Land Of Giants "

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 11:28:36 pm »

I'd like in if there is a spot left
Name:Rake
Starting room: Porch
Description:Small shelled burrowing tick like beings, though with a strange intelligence about them.  They eat wood, plant and meat.  They have an acid resistant shell allowing them to live in pools of acid that they produce to digest woods.

First act, burrow through the corner of the porch and begin living beneath the porch boards.
You cannot start outside of the house. The porch is outside of the walls and thus inaccessable. The porch is also made of invulnerable concrete. You couldn't dig if you wanted to!

Order my people to stick to the shadows, and gather stuff tkaing it back to the keep. While I go, and explore the rest of what from now on will be called " The Homeland " everything outside of the desk will be called " Land Of Giants "
The first thing you find is a small population of spiders. They hiss when you draw near. It would be suicide to attack alone.

The second and last thing you find is another group of Smalls! They look strange to you, although you've never seen them before, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Do you ATTACK, RUN, or try DIPLOMACY?

HIDE!
You scramble under the couch again. Luckily the Giants didn't see you. They seem to be talking to eachother and pointing at the holes your entrance made. They don't seem to know you exist yet, luckily!

Continue to look for a dark place.
You scramble under the strange flat thing, which the Giant immediately plops down on. She seems to be looking for something- There! She found you pod, and is looking at it closely. This could be bad...

the chief shouts, his booming voice reaching every moppa in a couple inches
"Mappuk upurg boopurrak! Boo urg apur!"
Moppas spread arround, keep at a shout's range (from each other?)! shout if you find anything interesting\edible!(hard to translate, these words are synonymous in moppa)

the moppas explore their immediate, interactable vicinity
The dining room is sparsely decorated, with four chairs arranged around the wooden Megolith in the center. The Moppas find nothing edible, but one inventive one discovers that the grasses surrounding can be used to create shelter. He presents his idea to the chief.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 11:31:34 pm »

Try Diplomacy become friends with the other smalls

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 11:51:36 pm »

the moppa chief dismisses the dumb idea by punching the inventive moppa, then proceeds to have a brilliant and original idea, the moppas shall use the grass fibers to weave portable shelters
the strongest warriors of the moppa will scout for native fauna

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 11:56:01 pm »

I didn't see you confirm my entry, but just in case you just skipped over me, here's my action. (You responded to an entry after mine, so if you just have a problem with my submission, let me know.)

The Radikalstems explore the immediate area around their landing area, seeking a sunlit area that is hidden for most of the day. Behind a piece of furniture next to a window, for example.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 12:09:16 am »

Try Diplomacy become friends with the other smalls

DIPLOMACY activated. You may now interact with the Skreebilikis ((Did I spell that right?)). Try giving them a gift, or allying against a common enemy.

the moppa chief dismisses the dumb idea by punching the inventive moppa, then proceeds to have a brilliant and original idea, the moppas shall use the grass fibers to weave portable shelters
You begin to weave a small town under the center of the Megolith. The chief decides to name the Megolith after him. The Megolith is now Chief's Totem.

I didn't see you confirm my entry, but just in case you just skipped over me, here's my action. (You responded to an entry after mine, so if you just have a problem with my submission, let me know.)

The Radikalstems explore the immediate area around their landing area, seeking a sunlit area that is hidden for most of the day. Behind a piece of furniture next to a window, for example.
((*headdesk*))
You search the hall for a suitable spot. You can' find anywhere perfect, so you go for safety over comfort and begina settlement under a massive pedastal for some sort of plant entity. The furniture is made of a similar substance to your pod, but wrought in intricate and large designs. You wonder what sort of being would create such a thing...
Thou art I, I art Thou.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:20 am »

Observe the large creature while investigating the underside of the flat thing.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:53 am »

"By the glare of the brightstones, I believe we have found a suitable home."

The Radikalstem search the area for suitable construction materials to build their colony under the pedastal

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2011, 12:40:13 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7