Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Egg-Thief ... literally  (Read 7666 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Egg-Thief ... literally
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 11:50:40 am »

It seems that we all need a refresher on how babies are born...  One cutebold laying eggs does not breed.  There needs to be a pair.  On top of this, because they are a civ and not wild creatures, it's highly likely restricted to marriage.  So, a male and female on the map may or may not be enough, but rather a husband and wife should be required.  If you catch enough of them, eventually this will occur and you should get a married pair.  I'm hoping to set up an elf farm using the same method.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 11:54:47 am »

The difference being that elves don't lay eggs  :D

If you can implement this, it'll be pretty much the most epic egg-based !!SCIENCE!! ever.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 11:56:19 am »

but that would eb a nice idea though

catch massive armies of gobbos and perch them into a large room with nextboxes in sidepockets that can be barred off and one can breed those bastards^^

seems like a nice longterm project on trying to gain a gobbo force of your own^^

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 11:58:00 am »

Yeah, but then I don't think Goblins lay eggs, either.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 12:05:46 pm »

my bad i meant kobolds

bait em with given items untill they ambush and siege^^

one should not type drink and watch tv :)

but the idea would be interesting in matters if newborn kobolds would even take equipment left for them to arm up later^^

but who will do research on that ^^

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 12:07:29 pm »

With my elves I'm not gonna egg-box them... just, you know, chain them.  So, they'll breed normally...  God, you people really do need a lesson in how to breed livestock!

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 12:17:37 pm »

You mean artificial natural selection?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 12:18:44 pm »

Breeding is more fun when theres chains involved
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 12:19:53 pm »

If you chain them they'll just go insane before any possible pregnancies can come to result in births. Will a woman sitting on her eggs do the same though?

And if members of other civs need be married to breed, why can my fungusmen breed? Is it that the [LAYER_LINKED] tag removes said requirement? That's the only notable difference between them and above-ground civs, really.

Science needs to be done regarding this. Try catching more kobolds, I'll be genning a world in which they aren't dead.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 12:22:28 pm »

If you chain them they'll just go insane before any possible pregnancies can come to result in births.
Captured ambushers, not traders.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 12:23:36 pm »

I want to know if you keep lots of eggs in nest boxes will they suddenly be fertile when a male shows up, or do the eggs need to be deposited in the box when theres a male present to be fertile? You could probably test with chickens
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 01:06:25 pm »

!!science!! needs to be done.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 05:44:47 pm »

Alright, I HASS THE PLN here.

Step one: Find Kobold cave with living Kobolds inside it.
Step two: Capture as many Kobolds as possible
Step three: Release into environ with no exit or entrance and several egg boxes
Step four: Breed Kobolds
Step five: Recapture unfriendly kobolds
Step six: Remove friendly kobolds
Step seven: repeat above as many times as needed
Step eight: Cutest fucking army ever created.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »

As a bonus, drop presents into their stockade, they can steal, to draw in more kobolds
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »

only one problem: natives of a place can't be captured by cage traps  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5