Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Confused Liberal  (Read 3264 times)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confused Liberal
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 11:51:57 pm »

Overpowered, speaking of which, Stealth is overpowered in my opinion in this version. Once you have obtained approximately 7 stealth, you can stealth by anything, and Guard Dogs don't seem to be reliable at catching people sneaking around (Which would make sense, since that's what they're supposed to do. I still don't get how they tell different disguises though.)

Also, I'm not sure if it's implemented or not, but there should be some kind of modifier that increases the longer you stay in an area. Not just staying in one square, but one area, as in a building. It's rather awfully easy to go on a stealth mission to rob the Army Base of all of its weapons, or just to go and press the big red button every once in a while with the current system.

Still, the most reliable way to do things is 6 Rifle wielding madman with Army bodyarmors to just blast everything.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 06:39:00 am »

Well now, when you're bleeding or covered in blood, you will fail bluff tests. Besides, i'd say having 20 bluff should allow you to just bluff your way through all, except covered in blood and/or bleeding situations. I mean it's a 20!

Stealth may be over the top, as you need much less than 20 to just avoid every encounter. But it's not for me to judge.

At any rate, one day before next elections, in which the remaining one liberal will turn into elite one, i've decided that it's time my character paid for his sins for the crimes he commited after beign "Not guilty" a few months back.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I seem to have forgotten to rename this judge to Slave McJudge11.

Thankfully he 'won' the game the next day, and went back to his beloved katana - his only follower. They lived happily ever after.  :o

P.S. What does one have to do to get "harmful speech" charges?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:44:47 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 07:28:07 am »

The Liberal Newspaper, I believe. Slogans might do it too, I'm not sure.

In any case, a murder for every two shots? That's a pretty good kill ratio, there. o.o

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 09:41:28 am »

Well, it's a katana after all  8)

I wouldn't have so many treason charges (probably only 2, one for M249 in army base, and one for CIA info disc), but CIA was the fastest way to raise computer skill.

Hmm..

Just got this question right now :
- How am i supposed to obtain more deagle and m249 clips? The safe / armory don't have these after first pick.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:43:57 am by Stworca »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 11:23:18 am »

Alas, but the clips for the unique guns are themselves unique. You get nine when you pick up the weapon, but they must be cherished, for once they are exhausted you must return to more mundane arms. Or you can just club people with the M249, that would probably hurt too.

BurningParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 01:41:22 am »

Stealth Issues:
Hey so I so far have had  a master thief founder. Up until now he was able to sneak past pretty much everything. But then he was ambushed on a date and sent to court. He defended against the charges and I was ready to bring him back to his happy old days of theft. Alas, now something is wrong. For while normal sneaking around works most of the time (he just alarmed some hangin' judge somehow) if the conservatives are alarmed he's screwed. With 17 stealth he could sneak past everyone even at alarm level. But now he can't get past anyone at alarm level even if its just one lonely cop. :/ Oh and his stealth won't go over 20 even though his agility is 21. Anyone know if this is a problem or just a freak coincidence?
Thanks.

Edit: Yeah somethings definitely wrong as I just went to an apartment block and a guard dog with a cop alarmed (first red flag as earlier full stack of cops+dogs couldn't see him) then when a teenager saw him he couldn't sneak past! Its like the sneak past button is now broken. ):
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:47:29 am by BurningParadox »

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 02:37:31 am »

Is he wearing a ninja suit or black <clothing>? If he's not wearing proper stealth gear he takes a severe hit to his stealth performance (or possibly can't stealth at all, I can't remember).

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 03:55:52 am »

When you get arrested, all the stuff you got on you is gone, and you exit prison with plain clothes. So I guess you just forgot tu make him wear a ninja costume (happens to me all the time, but after an interrogation: I forget to remove his Death Squad uniform, so he fails his sneak rolls really often.). It's even worse if you free him from prison: he then gets an orange jumpsuit, and so is unable to sneak.

Don't get distracted next time!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 10:59:19 am »

Three more questions

- If two authors are writing to the liberal guardian at the same time, does it have a higher effect on the masses, or only the one with highest writing influences the public opinion?

- Are there any up sides of closed convervative buildings? (for example, is the opinion about nuclear plants turned in LCS favor when it gets closed down?)

- What does judge tempering accomplish, except for an insignificant boost in "Law" skill?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:25:21 pm by Stworca »

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 08:48:00 pm »

As far as closed conservative buildings goes, I know for a fact that closing down the police station stops them from raiding you until it reopens. I'm not sure if any of the other buildings have the same effect.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »

Closing down the AM and Cable stations is vital to your goals, especially if the public actually respects them as news sources.

The AM and Cable stations make the issues and country more conservative, tempered by the level of respect the public has for these sources.  But they can't affect the issues when they're closed down.  I am uncertain to what degree closing down the AM and Cable stations helps.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 08:37:32 pm »

Closing down the AM and Cable stations is vital to your goals, especially if the public actually respects them as news sources.

The AM and Cable stations make the issues and country more conservative, tempered by the level of respect the public has for these sources.  But they can't affect the issues when they're closed down.  I am uncertain to what degree closing down the AM and Cable stations helps.

I've often found it more helpful in the late game to keep these open but with large numbers of news anchors and radio personalities spreading liberalism. In addition, an elite liberal squad can pretty much just waltz right into the buildings and use the stage / recording booth to spread liberal ideas.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 08:51:39 am »

I've often found it more helpful in the late game to keep these open but with large numbers of news anchors and radio personalities spreading liberalism. In addition, an elite liberal squad can pretty much just waltz right into the buildings and use the stage / recording booth to spread liberal ideas.

Then again an elite liberal squad can pretty much just waltz anywhere.  :D

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 08:02:14 pm »

Then again an elite liberal squad can pretty much just waltz anywhere.  :D

Heh, you know that you're over the hill when a siege brings not fear, but joy at the prospect of soon having large numbers of guns and body armor deposited straight into the safe house inventory ;D.
Pages: 1 [2]