Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Confused Liberal  (Read 3262 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Confused Liberal
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:46:33 am »

Hello!

I'll get straight to the point.

• Where are the sleep, food and water deprive options in interrogations? I remember something like thatAnswered
    • How come my 24Cha, 20Persuasion, 10Law, 10 sleeper-sex-slave-judges character keeps putting up a terrible defense with one mistake after another? No matter the charges. And thus loosing each case he defends himself? Answered
    • Why are you wanted for some crimes that noone has witnessed you doing or Why aren't you wanted for all?Answered
    • When are the elections taking place? I'm 5 months in, and nothing hapened yet, despite 31 terrorism acts, killing the CEO in his mansion, monthly releases of "Judge corruption evidence", 4 writers dedicated to liberal guardian and more. Answered
    • Added
      Is there any way to increase your stats such as Agility, Int & co. in any other way than increasing Juice? Answered
    • Added
      CEO. Is there only one per world? What changes once you kill him (aside from his mansion no longer having any mercenaries, only dogs and servants) ? What changes after you recruit him?Answered
    • Added Is 21+ charisma any better than 20? Or are the persuasion & co mechanics capped at 20 cha anyway?Answered
    • Added Is it possible to bluff your way out when you're wounded? (i haven't been able to, that's why i ask) Answered
    • Added How am i supposed to obtain more deagle and m249 clips? The safe / armory don't have these after first pick. Answered
    • Added If two authors are writing to the liberal guardian at the same time, does it have a higher effect on the masses, or only the one with highest writing influences the public opinion?
    • Added Are there any up sides of closed convervative buildings? (for example, is the opinion about nuclear plants turned in LCS favor when it gets closed down?)
    • Added What does judge tempering accomplish, except for an insignificant boost in "Law" skill?

I had more questions, but i seem to have forgotten them  :o

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:25:48 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confused Liberal
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 09:11:23 am »

1. Removed.
2. Bugs
3. Because of the obscure way it handles things.
4. November 2nd.
!!&!!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:18:57 am »

1. Any known reasons behind it?
2. Edit : Ok, thanks (found out the answer to my ad question)
3. Ok, thanks.
4. Ok, thanks

5. Is there any way to increase your stats such as Agility, Int & co. in any other way than increasing Juice?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:01:13 am by Stworca »

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:16:33 am »

1. Fox has been looking for a design for that part of the game that was both compelling and transparent enough to be good as game mechanic, and not just flavourful minigame. The deprivation options weren't that. Still looking for a food design though, AFAIK.

2. Fixed by Fox in svn. Hope we're going to see a release from him that contains that fix soon...

5. Nope. Don't worry too much about stats, you can always just recruit more liberals :). And now that stats aren't capped to 20 anymore, optimising the founder is not that clear-cut a matter anymore either (though you'll probably want to answer D in the last question).

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:40:47 am »

5. Nope. Don't worry too much about stats, you can always just recruit more liberals :). And now that stats aren't capped to 20 anymore, optimising the founder is not that clear-cut a matter anymore either (though you'll probably want to answer D in the last question).

A shame, but i can live with that.

I have my founder raise his juice up to 1000 asap, with Cha, Persuasion, Disguise, Driving, Security, Seduce and Stealth maxed out, and then i had all recruitment slots except one reserved to sleeper-judges, + 8-10 sleeper-sex-slave-judges. The last slot for the second in command, and he/she has all "right hands" under him/her. This way the main character is untouchable in any way, and even if they catch him in a siege, he can simply walk out.  :)

I can even say that the LCS founder in my game CAN simply walk into mordor.

Although this answer bothers me somewhat, because interrogation Heart losses, aswell as wisdom gains seem to be permanent and irreversable in that case. and this is in no way good!  :o
1. Fox has been looking for a design for that part of the game that was both compelling and transparent enough to be good as game mechanic, and not just flavourful minigame. The deprivation options weren't that. Still looking for a food design though, AFAIK.

I just had my main char kill a hangin judge in one beating... -2 Heart

Another question tho!

6. CEO. Is there only one per world? What changes once you kill him(aside from his mansion no longer having any mercenaries, only dogs and servants)? What changes after you recruit him?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:53:58 am by Stworca »

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 11:02:55 am »

Yes, there is only one CEO in the world. The CEO's basically the final boss of the recruitment/interrogation and infiltration subgames. I think the only way he's useful (besides the business skill) is as a sleeper. He can affect the issues, though not hugely better than other high-level conservatives (eminent scientists have the same power multiplier), unless you need to affect the CEO salaries issue, which only the CEO can drive. For most sleeper actions he does the same sort of thing as a corporate manager, only better. But he can embezzle a ridiculous amount of cash and, being that he starts at 100% infiltration, will never get caught doing it.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 11:12:16 am »

So i assume blowing his face of with a deagle, and then chopping through waves of mercs and police with a daisho was a bad idea..?  ::)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 12:50:50 pm »

So i assume blowing his face of with a deagle, and then chopping through waves of mercs and police with a daisho was a bad idea..?  ::)

I would call this a perfectly legitimate way of handling the CEO.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 04:02:49 pm »

I would call this a perfectly legitimate way of handling the CEO.

Now that's a disturbing sentence!

Nr 7 :
Is 21+ charisma any better than 20? Or are the persuasion / seduction & co mechanics capped at 20 anyway?

Nr 8 :
Is it possible to bluff your way out when you're wounded? (i haven't been able to, that's why i ask)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 01:01:39 am »

Nr 7 :
Is 21+ charisma any better than 20? Or are the persuasion / seduction & co mechanics capped at 20 anyway?

Nr 8 :
Is it possible to bluff your way out when you're wounded? (i haven't been able to, that's why i ask)

20+ charisma should be better than 20. Every 2 points of charisma is equivalent to a point of seduction, IIRC. Difficulties are calibrated to balance this.

I think you can bluff out when wounded, but it's possible you are taking charisma penalties from the injuries; I'm not certain if this is true or not. A lot of stats are penalized by injuries, just not sure if charisma is one of them. Bloody or damaged clothes may also affect your chance of success. Additionally, I can't be sure if bluffing is well-balanced to be a frequently viable option, since it's a feature I haven't thought about much. It's possible it rarely succeeds or is even bugged and impossible.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 01:02:08 am »

8.  Ive had it work fine both if the liberal is wounded going into the site and also if they get wounded onsite but that was in older versions
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 09:16:47 am »

20+ charisma should be better than 20. Every 2 points of charisma is equivalent to a point of seduction, IIRC. Difficulties are calibrated to balance this.

What do you mean, good sir? What difficulties?  :o
8.  Ive had it work fine both if the liberal is wounded going into the site and also if they get wounded onsite but that was in older versions

Well, when i'm bleeding even 20 disguise, 20 persuasion and 24 cha don't do it, even against the lowest ranked enemies. As for bloodied armor, i believe this is the same case.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:20:23 am by Stworca »

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »

Bluffing as far as I know in the 3.19.4 days, was more or less overpowered, since you could bluff your way through anything, more or less. I'm not sure about it now, with the whole skill/stat mechanic overhaul however.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 03:50:35 pm »

What do you mean, good sir? What difficulties?  :o

The difficulty of succeeding in any given action. It's similar to a tabletop RPG in that it rolls some dice based on your stats and then compares the outcome to the difficulty of the thing you're attempting to do.

Sundial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 11:04:25 pm »

Bluffing is potentially fairly reliable, but the guy talking has to be really good at disguise/charisma and wearing a perfect, pristine disguise, and if you fail a bluff check the conservatives get first turn, which is frequently disastrous. It's generally better to go alone in a catsuit, or go in with six liberals with autorifles and army armor, and either sneak or shoot your way past all obstacles.
Pages: [1] 2