Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Plight of The Forced Labor Gnomes: A Suggestion Game  (Read 4100 times)

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plight of The Forced Labor Gnomes: A Suggestion Game
« on: March 05, 2011, 03:33:28 am »

This is probably a terrible idea that I'll soon regret, but I've been meaning to make a forum game for some time now, and I figured I should start small. This game has no pictures, as I really don't have the skill with a mouse that I have with a pen, and my scanner is on the fritz. Once again, this was a terrible idea, and I apologize.

The steady tap of small feet on stone echoed through the cavern, a chipper young gnome dragged his pick behind him as he descended the narrow tunnel and into the deep of the iron mines. Occaisionally, the dim light of oil lanterns dirtied with dust and grime were seen bobbing up and down as the other labor gnomes descended the intricate tunnels, to the eightteen hour work day ahead of them. All of them but one hung their heads low and groaned as they made their way into the deep of the caverns. The one who was unanimously agreed to be the most hated among both the workers and the masters, you. Unlike the others you enjoy laboring in the deep of the Earth, emerging with bounties of ores and gems, you take comfort in the knowledge that you are the mighty pillar holding up the mammoth weight of the great Dwarven empires. You gladly toil, near endlessly, so that the great empire of The Zealots of Ale may flourish, and grow to encompass and tame wild and exotic new lands in the far corners of the world. Of course the knowledge of current events is restricted to only the Dwarves, so you can only guess that your great efforts are the driving force behind the well oiled machine of DrunkenCloisters, but you trust them enough. You spot your friends nearby. You don't have many friends, but you're fine with a close knit circle of only a few. Normally you'd go over to them and have a chat, but your Magic Eight Ball, an artifact of great and mysterious power (probably made by a wizard or something) told you that you'd stumble upon great fortune today. As always, the Omniscient Octisphere was very cryptic in it's predictions, mostly because it only answers yes or no questions, but you have all reason to trust it. You could very well could strike a mother lode of iron and gems! The very prospect of all this wealth going directly to your despotic rulers makes your mouth water. You find the deepest part of the mine, normally you and the others would mine out the higher levels before going down to the deeps, but you have a feeling, and you always trust your feeling, no matter how idiotic. You bring your pick over head and bring it down full force onto the stone, sparks fly, the crack of rock on pick resounds, and gleaming against the faint glow of the your lamp is... What the hell is this? A glimmering cyan metal is a sharp contrast to the drab rock around it. You draw the Omnisciente Ocho Bola from your pocket.

"Is this the fortune you were talking about? What is this?"

ASK AGAIN LATER

You shoot a concerned glance towards the blue metal, for some strange reason, you find yourself rather vexed by it. You tell yourself that you're probably worrying over nothing, it's probably just some kind of semi-precious metal or something. You decide to report it to your overseer, like you're always supposed to do at the discovery of a new vein of metal, no matter how trivial. An hour later, you and your friends are sent back to your dormitory, the mine has been closed, the doors locked, the keys thrown away. you know you shouldn't question your superiors, but curiousity gnaws at you. Why would they shut down an entire mine, especially one which had produced such great amounts of hematite and other useful minerals? And why the secrecy? You've always trusted your Dwarven masters, why would they have anything to hide? You need to sort this out, but first thing first, what's your name?

NAME:_

I expect you to at least take this half seriously. But spontaneousness is encouraged. Just don't go murdering everyone on a fancy, now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:22:04 pm by Stone Wera »

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: Plight of The Forced Labor Gnomes: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:46:05 am »

Urist McGnome
[/post]

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:12:26 am »

No
Gnome Jay

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 11:54:17 am »

Gnome McUrist!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:14:10 pm »

How about a compromise?

Urist McUrist Gnome.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 03:29:05 pm »

WE ARE NOT DWARVES WE ARE SPARTANS GNOMES>

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 04:30:56 pm »

Being a second generation Gnome you were given the Dwarven name of Gnome McUrist. Your parents were among the best of their trade, and given the privilege of having children. It's a reward given to only a few of the best workers, and with good reason. A Gnomesplosion can be worse than any seige under the right circumstances. Right now you are worrying about an (apparently very dangerous) queer blue ore found in the mine. You aren't feeling very well, and your Erudite Octad Orb hasn't been very helpful. You aren't feeling well and need to calm yourself, what do you do?

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:32:57 pm »

Find a waterfall to sit near
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:33:26 pm »

stroke your orb whilst pacing back and forth. Slowly on both counts
Raggle Fraggle

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »

Ask your orb what to do again.
[/post]

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 05:49:00 pm »

The waterfall ends several levels upwards of here, starting in the highest point of the fortress, the nobles quarters. Servants aren't allowed that high unless a noble has need of them. You wonder if you could convince a noble to have you rub their feet or something of the like. Then you risk being in service to Prince LemlorIb. The last time you had to do something for him, he used you as a chair as he lounged in the summer sun on the roof of the fort. Due to your mild cave adaptation, this was especially uncomfortable. Not to mention the fact that he had you fan him at the same time. You get the suspicion that he did it simply to humiliate you. You consult your Psychic Number Globule.

"Do I risk an encounter with LemlorIb to get to the waterfall?"

IT IS CERTAIN

Well, wouldn't want to go against it's wishes. But how do you get a noble to enlist your services?[b/]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:24:36 pm by Stone Wera »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 05:50:02 pm »

"Become royal Soothsayer
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 06:05:42 pm »

Declare yourself an oracle.
[/post]

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 08:10:48 pm »

get there hoe every slave does it. polish boots and kiss a shitton of asses.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5