Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's your most valuable prepared meal?  (Read 2646 times)

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's your most valuable prepared meal?
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:22:56 am »

As most of us know, prepared meals are insanely valuable. I just got a prepared roast (lavish meal) containing two parts deer and two parts minced wine. Despite (or because of) kicking physics in the nuts, the wine managed to boost this meal to 6300 Uristbucks. This is more valuable than my most recent artifact.

As an extra question, how many prepared meals do you have, and how much of them make up your fortress' wealth?

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's your most valuable prepared meal?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:38:08 am »

I once had a 200 stack of prepared elephant meat worth ~25k or so.

Ended up offering it to the dwarf caravan.

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 02:14:33 am »

If I remember this thread in the morning I'll see if my fort still has some dragon meat lying around and I'll see about forcing some of that into a roast with quarry bush leaves.  It should pretty handily be the most expensive stack of food going.

And if we're talking about the value of 1 individual meal I'll see if I can force 4 parts o' dragon into 1 roast. 

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 02:24:38 am »

Only if you've butchered 4 dragons.  If you've got a stack of 100 meat, and separate it into 25 each, then that's not impressive.  If you keep that 100 stack, and add a barrel of dwarven syrup and a stack of FB Meat, then you'll have a lot more value.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 02:51:52 am »

once i butchered a whale
and combine with some plants leaves from genesis mod
i think it was a stack of 700ish worth over 80k

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:48:07 am »

I just wonder, if this would work: dump lots of food on a kitchen from above, set it to cook a meal, disable food hauling on everybody, than unforbid the food. Same trick could perhabs be used for brewing. Yes, its cheating, but I wonder whate effects it would have. Heck, I think I'll try it myself  8)
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 03:54:32 am »

the food are not collected inside the kitchen and 4 food stacks would be brought into the kitchen and cooked as normal. Workshops act like containers and have clear in-out distinction, in case you dont know.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 04:58:07 am »

Only if you've butchered 4 dragons.  If you've got a stack of 100 meat, and separate it into 25 each, then that's not impressive.  If you keep that 100 stack, and add a barrel of dwarven syrup and a stack of FB Meat, then you'll have a lot more value.
I'm saying like 1 part meat 1 part eye 1 part sweetbread and something else.  They'd all carry the value multiplier from a dragon.  But if we're going for the most in stack I think 1 piece of dragon with quarry bush leaves as filler would make for and impressive stack.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 06:41:48 am »

Back in 40d I had a roast worth several millions. Back then all the milk you brought with you on embark would get put in a single barrel, so you could make a roast with hundreds of milk items.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Hellmoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Exports: Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 08:42:14 am »

Probably not my most valuable ever, but after a cursory scan of my food stockpile I've discovered a stack of 108 masterwork dwarven syrup roasts worth 53,136 dorfbux. Apparently some Rutherer meat was involved.
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 08:59:03 am »

Huh... The current version allows a fort to never go hungry if you have a few birds, wild or tame, as they can have eggs at a very fast rate. I'm actually quite surprised to not see a single one of the meal's ingredients contain eggs of any sort...

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 10:56:11 am »

This is a stack of 246 masterfully prepared dragon meat roast prepared by Mosus Regnokgol.  The ingredients are masterfully minced quarry bush leaves,  exceptionally minced quarry bush leaves, exceptionally minced dwarven syrup and exceptionally minced dragon meat.

Total value of the stack: 132,840 dorfbucks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 11:45:14 am »

Coincidentally, I currently have 9 10 caged FB/Titan in my current fort.  While I'm not prepared to part with these glorious captures, I am willing to make a copy-world, butcher the 4 largest, and use four Forgotten Beast Meat[300] to make a roast.

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 11:53:14 am »

See I had that happen to me in a previous fort where I had 4 or 5 forgotten beasts all made of delicious meat.  Except they're relatively low value.  So you end up with what amounts to a filler item.  It'll make a nice big stack of roast but I wasn't having much success with them being extremely valuable.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 12:11:43 pm »

This is a stack of 44 finely-prepared dwarven wine roast. The ingredients are superiourly minced prepared plains titan intestines, superiorly minced dwarven wine, finely minced dwarven syrup and superiourly minced dwarven wine.

Giving a value of 5016.
Not too bad.
Pages: [1] 2