Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Metro 2033: Suggestion Game - Shopping Time  (Read 4884 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metro 2033: Suggestion Game - Guard Duty ends
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 06:02:53 pm »

You decide to go check out the market, so getting up you walk outside, and make your way to the Market. There you see many stores there are three gun stores, an ammo exchange booth, and three or four other intresting ones. Which should you check first ?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2011, 06:48:56 pm »

Check out the other stores, see what they have first.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry update coming soon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2011, 04:03:16 pm »

Walking up to the stores you check the prices, and look over them wondering what to buy.

Weapon Shop Prices -
Bastard - 30
Remington 12 Guage Shotgun - 30
Snake-eye LRMPR - 45
Chezkovich Kakarat LMG - 60
M7A9 Thompson - 45
Glock 9 - 25
M16 Rifle - 30
AK-47 - 45
Uzi - 30

Ammo Kiosk -
9mm Clip - 5
5.56 Clip - 5
Thompson Drum Mag - 5
LRMPR Clips - 10
.50 Cal Drum - 15
Bastard Clip - 3

Item Shop
Medkit - 6
Combat Knife - 2
Rad Meds - 5
Frag Grenades - 10

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metro 2033: Suggestion Game - Shopping Time
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »

Sorry for the long time since last update I had an essay to write. Thanks for being patient

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2011, 06:48:30 pm »

Hmmmm, quite a lot of these weapons are modern weapons, most of which would probably no longer work as well or be found as easy in metro 2033. What happened to the makeshift weapons like the air-pumped weapons, or the revolver type auto shotguns, or the duplet? These weapons are hand made and are probably much easier to find in a station like the one we currently are in. If any modern weapons survived and are still capable of being used, they most likely would be easy to use and clean weapons, like revolvers, or the AK. Those few exceptions to this would probably take quite a bit of time and effort to restore and would only be worthwhile for more heavy duty weapons, like modern assault rifles, full auto shotguns and machine guns and these are rare and hard to find.

Plus, thompson machineguns in russia?! Wut. Those are purely american, old school american, and definately wouldnt be found in russia, and would be hard to find in america even. Especially in working condition. I could say the same for the M16 since thats mainly an american weapon and would be hard to find in russia.

Have you actually played Metro 2033? (I hope Im not being too mean, I'm just pointing wierd stuff out. Like finding high quality pre-war surface weapons in a small metro station in russia. It just doesn't make much sense.)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2011, 06:58:12 pm »

It's a magic station so STFU , do you want awesome guns?
So srry if i'm being mean but, why would you take away an advantage.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2011, 07:04:53 pm »

Because its IMPOSSIBLE! Think about it, how would a outlying metro station in post war moscow, get access to american firearms in the year 2033? It just doesn't make much sense. I can understand if you find them in a more central station, like Polis for example, but otherwise, its pretty much impossible. The people in metro 2033 dont have much resources to make modern firearms anymore, so they make do with scrap and what they can scavenge. If they find a M16 for example, they would shout in joy and break it down for parts and take out the gunpowder in the bullets. (Not to mention that finding ammunition that actually fits american weapons in russia would also be just as hard to find.)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2011, 07:16:12 pm »

meh, fine, M16s are pice of crap guns anways. But we shold get a AK~47

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2011, 08:56:19 pm »

Seriously does it matter, but if you do buy the more modern weapons they will be near impossible to repair later on most makeshift weapons are found in the outliying station, because yours was founded on a old weapon depot.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »

Ok thats cool. AK's I understand. Not sure about getting one so soon though, it should be pretty expensive. Still, you can be pretty creative with air-pumping weapons and other stuff. Electric weapons are still totally possible after all, so perhaps some thought into those?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2011, 09:27:00 pm »

I will once you leave the station, or next time you come back to the shop ( Inventory's change every day )

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2011, 11:36:12 pm »

Ok, cool. Buy a combat knife, 3 rad meds, 3 medkits and a grenade. That will leave us with 15 MGR which we can use later. Check to see if there is a clothing shop and a tool shop.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2011, 12:31:48 am »

Try to see if you can do a mission for the shopkeeper in exchange for a discount and the AK.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2011, 09:57:55 am »

Hey, uh, matey, I don't want to be a bit of a bore but I am bothered too. Just randomly think up a few interesting sounding names, that is all you have to do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7