Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Moron Fort- A Stupid Succession of Epic Stupidity (.31.19)  (Read 13113 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: Moron Fort- A Stupid Succession of Epic Stupidity (.31.19)
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 05:41:40 pm »

on teh frist day of winter a dowrf got poses by forces again

and teh craravans brot anvils and pageroot was verty very happy so he gave them lots of stuff

poses forces wanted a cloth so pagerot made aloom to make cloths

the digers  also found the third carvern now and it had adamantium in it

a guy died from thirst cuz pageroot acidently locked hi in when he amked teh pasture (he also locked teh pasture in too)

teh minners found warm stone but pageroot is pretrty sure the magama is under it soits safe

poses guy maked a nativ silver bracelet called guiolyvisoins tech prime angle which has a picttrue of oak on it

then pagerot saw that teh lake was frozen so he had a funny idea he would mine out all the edge of the lake and have a frestandin ice lake

it was prety col it loked like this

now that pageroot had a anvlil he decided to make a forger and also a saw traps for more badgeuys to get stops

another gobnlin pedio arived adn took a bayyby it was sad
(And now I have to break character to emphasize just how dumb this was. The mother went out to load a stonefall trap. She saw a snatcher. She DROPPED HER BABY and ran away. Urist McWorstMotherEver. And thanks to the no-nobles thing, I can't make a military to kill the snatcher. Moron fort ahoy!)

the snatehcer brough thre friends that ran awya cuz they got caught but they didnt take any kids

and tehn spring arivesd and it was time foru pagerot to be someone else

(Here's the save.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:45:00 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 05:56:04 pm »

My turn tehn! *downlaod*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »

Mayor's log, entry #01

I finally arrived at the dwarven village of Pageroot. It is said to be the stupidest place on the world map, where the retards of dwarven society end up. Heck, retarded compared to your usual dwarf even. As the brain of the place, I'll have to make sure they can survive the terrors of the word that surely will arrive one day, even though they're too stupid to hold a sword the right way. No you don't go picking your nose with that arrow dammit!

The first thing I noticed was the entrance. It was basically just a roofless corridor, leading into the underground, with nothing but stonefall traps to protect the fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anything able to bypass those traps, say, by flying over them, could wreak havoc amongst the unskilled populace. Before I even entered the main hall, I ordered a drawbridge to be built, both to protect us from danger and to introduce the dwarves to the Hammer->Nail principle.

The main hall looks crude, but functional.
A bunch of workshops, farms, and stockpiles in a room. There's also a trade depot, so getting the goods there won't be a problem, but as far as I have seen of those dwarves they would probably trade an adamantium hammer for a pig tail sock. I'll have to take care of the trading myself, I guess.

Deeper down are the living quarters. Apparently everybody has their own bed, which is good. I still order them to dig out some extra rooms in case we get immigrants.
I also noticed some of the engravings here. They're mainly crude drawings of dwarves, mushrooms, and clouds.
Oh well, if it makes them happy.

Even lower are the mines.
There's silver and gemstones in the walls. So why hasn't anybody tried to sig it out yet? It's like I'm surrounded by idiots or something. Oh wait.

The shaft goes even further below. Apparently they have breached into a cave system, but at least they had the common sense to build walls before anything could get in.

Oh dear. They found magma. While I see the advantages of a magma forge, those morons tried to tap directly into the magma sea. Don't they know what's in there? I immediately ordered them to build a cistern a room right beside the magma where we could store it without any dangerous critters in it.
I also told them to make some room for stockpiles down there.

Damn, that was a stressing first day. I'll update this log a few days or weeks later, if I haven't gone mad until then.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »

No you don't go picking your nose with that arrow dammit!

Hey to be fair, it was a really big booger, and I probably used the wrong end anyways.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 07:58:50 pm »

Hi, I'll take turn 11 please. Will soldiers get better with training or do they not learn anything either?

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

Seems soldiers are bugged without can_learn.  Basically no nobles = no militia commander = no military.  So basically one monster in our fort means everybody dies.  It might be a good idea to make several sub-forts.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 08:36:57 pm »

Tracking.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 11:33:56 am »

Mayor's log #2

One of the morons, Ilral Rimtarshigós, suddenly had an inspiration. I guess even idiots can have spontaneous flashs of inspiration. Unfortunately, he decides to do some crafts, which have hardly any practical value.

Mayor's log #3

This. Is. AWESOME! The man made a bed out of bones! I mean, how hardcore is that?
Still, I weep for the puppies whose bones got used to make that thing.

Mayor's log #4

The drawbridge has been finished. With that done, I ordered the peasants to build a roof over the entrance to keep away the Death from above.

Mayor's log #5

Flippin' Numbnuts! Of course there's warm rock! You're standing over the friggin' magma sea! Just keep on digging! *sigh*

Mayor's log #6

Bad day overall. I'm here since less than a month, and then I get woken up by our scouts only to find out we get attacked.
...by a pile of vomit. Go figure. At least our walls are vomit safe.
I hope that the dwarves know how to hold their breath.

Mayor's log #7

One of the less popular dwarves just died.
Karma I guess.

Mayor's log #8

The dwarven civilizations found some more idiots to plague me with. Whoohoo. <_<
Apparently there's also a doctor. How the heck did he get that title? Does he have an honorary Ph.D. in idiocy?

Mayor's log #9

I noticed we had an entrance right into our main hall. This blunder is unacceptable, so I immediately ordered a wall and a door to be built there.

Mayor's log #10
I found out that we had llamas here. Just as a joke I decided to put some hats on them.

...nobody got it.

Mayor's log #11

When inspecting the construction site for the roof, I found several pools of blood lying around. Everybody claimed to know nothing about it. Go figure.

Mayor's log #12

The new bedrooms are finally built, engraved, and assigned to the newcomers. Huzzah!. ^[i_i]^
I told them to enlarge our dining room, as to accommodate everybody.

Mayor's log #13

An ambush! Curse them!
I tried to tell the dwarves to get the FUCK BACK IN THERE!

... they didn't (I guess burrows don't work without [Can_Learn]). Apparently the socks of their fallen comrades are way more important than survival to them. Darvinism at it's finest. Guess I'll have to make our tomb bigger after the mess is over.

... and the Elves have arrived. Fun-facking-tustic.

(Ciffhanger ho!)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 12:36:27 pm »

urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 12:52:56 pm »

Mayor's log #6

Bad day overall. I'm here since less than a month, and then I get woken up by our scouts only to find out we get attacked.
...by a pile of vomit. Go figure. At least our walls are vomit safe.
I hope that the dwarves know how to hold their breath.

epic battle incoming :P.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 03:00:01 pm »

(I guess burrows don't work without [Can_Learn]).

Destroy every sock in the fortress. Now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 03:02:00 pm »

I guess I could dump 'em into the magma, but the resulting fumes would end up being deadlier than the gobbos and the FB combined.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 03:33:36 pm »

Well somebody did miss their child. I guess they used it as building material for the roof. Hence the blood >_>

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2011, 09:56:43 am »

Mayor's log #14

Jegus, rhesus macaques! As if  hadn't enough problems!

... and a Snatcher. This fort must be cursed or something.

Mayor's log #15

Summer begins, and the entire area is filled with goblins chasing dwarves around and killing them. Blood everywhere. I don't even think that anybody can survive that, so I ordered them to raise the drawbridge to at least keep the ones alive that are still inside the fort. The others be damned.

... the bridge still hasn't been built. I'm going to deconstruct a wall with my head now.

Mayor's log #16

Oh come on! The entrance is right beside you! Just get effing inside and the traps will take care of everything!
Oh well, be that way. Here's your reward.

Mayor's log #17

Oh goody. Miasma. Fun times.

Mayor's log #18

Oh hey, now that the goblins got bored, they finally started to build the drawbridge. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this is stupid, since dwarves all over the place started raging.

Mayor's log #19

Oh, migrants.
Mayor's log #20

The drawbridge has finally been finished. Goddamn.

Mayor's log #21

One of the dwarves went berserk. I dunno why, as he told me yesterday that he was quite content despite all this chaos. He... has been dealt with.

Mayor's log #22

Not a lot happening. I DESERVE TO DIE's husband has been miserable though. Somebody give the man a beer.

Mayor's log #23

Human merchants have arrived.

And some goblins. Bugger them, I don't even care anymore. They somehow managed to walk through the stonefall traps unharmed and killed my guard dogs.

Mayor's log #24

Goblins in the fort. Worst summer ever.

Lets see if Autumn manages to be even worse.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:58:20 am by Darvi »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8