Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Moron Fort- A Stupid Succession of Epic Stupidity (.31.19)  (Read 13122 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Moron Fort- A Stupid Succession of Epic Stupidity (.31.19)
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 10:37:55 am »

alright i will get the save and start and i will probably post next week.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 10:47:48 am »

sorry i will have to skip my turn due to computer problems
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 10:51:45 am »

Downloading then. Which version schould I play this with? I currently have .19, .20 and .22 installed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 11:00:43 am »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 02:04:19 am »

Just letting you know that I'm still following this and it is awesome.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 05:53:17 pm »

Hows the fort doing chewie? If the save works the save is working fine for you on .25 great. If not use .19

LIST:
1. Greep (done)
2. billybobfred (done)
3.Darvi (done)
4.SirAaronIII(done)

5.Di (?)
6.Deviled (?)
7.CraftLordDark (?)

8.Kisame (skipped)
9.Chewie (taking turn)
10.LoveChild
11.JohnnyDigs
12.Baron Baconeer
13.Ancre
14.<next>

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 08:14:31 am »

I've played one month yesterday evening. Got a strange mood on the first day of the new year ;D I'm gonna start playing the rest now. I'll upload the save this evening (so Lovechild can start playing) and write my "story" tomorrow evening.

Edit: Oh, and .25 works fine
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:17:58 am by chewie »

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:25 pm »

Well there we go. The Save
Write-up comes tomorrow. 4 days are btw very short for playing a whole ingame-year, imo. Maybe I'm just pausing to much ;)
Oh and Lovechild you got a PM. Read it and have fun with those idiots.

And sorry for double-post

Edit: Ok now there we go again.

The diary of Ngerxung Emomo Smruromurolgos Sasal, Goblin pikeman
YEAR NINE: SPRING

1st Granite
The dwarves made a great party last night to welcome the new year. Many barrels of booze have flown.
I could hear them singing in their dining hall while sitting in my stupid wood cage along with my fellow comrades. I can't
remember when I and my little squad came here to conquer the fortress, but I guess it was somewhere around last autumn.
When we arrived, we were instantly captured by some cage traps, moved to the animal stockpile and since have been forgotten.
It was a boring year for us, waiting here and watching those dwarves until something happens, so last night I got the idea to
carve a diary into the wooden bottom of my cage. With my fingernail.
It seems that I wasn't the only one that got creative. One of the dwarves ran to the workshop next to us and claimed it. He
then began to gather some rhesus macaque bones that were laying around. Why ever.

6th Granite
A week later he had crafted a massive table made of bones from an animal that only gets a few feet tall. I guess it's easier to
break the rules of the universe if you don't know anything about them.

12th granite
Today I heard some dwarves nearby talk about a diagnoser and a baby, who  drowned in one of those murky pools. They had fallen
into it while fighting. God knows why a baby should attack a adult dwarf, but it seems to happen occassionaly here.
Talking about dead dwarves, why do these idiots not bury their corpses? They just throw them on a normal refuse stockpile. I'm
pretty sure we'll have some paranormal activity around here soon.

18th Granite
Guess what, another baby died. Who cares?

1st slate
Today something interresting happened. Some migrants arrived from the northern area. The guy entering first looked or at least tried to look important.
"You there, dwarf!" he yelled, "I'm chewie, great leader of this migrant wave and a proffessional! When
I look at that pile of dead dwarves over there, I think that you idiots need some serious leading! Organise a room for me,
freshly digged out, put that goblin cage over there" he pointed at me, "in it, next to a decent table and a chair!"
"May I ask what the job is that you're professional at?" asked the other one, quite shocked.
"Every job known to dwarf! Due to my great skills at EVERYTHING the king of the mountainhomes ordered ME to look after the new colony!"
The other dwarf seemed very impressed about that and immediately ran off while Chewie and the rest of the migrants, each one looking as stupid as their leader, descended into the fortress.

16th Slate
Two weeks later a dwarf came to our stockpile, took my cage (and me in it) and carried me down the entrance into the fortress.
We descended some levels, came across the farms and some hallways and ended up in a room next to the caverns. There were the
monkey bone table, a bed and a simple rock throne in it.

The guy named Chewie was sitting on the throne, waiting. "Put it there and then leave" he said to the dwarf that brought me here. The dwarf followed the orders and shut the door behind him.
"Now to you, you goblin-y scum", Chewie said, "you're gonna help me leading those idiots!"
"What?" I asked, "is the professional everything not smart enough to keep some morons alive?"
"Shut up!" he yelled.
After a little while he leaned forward to me, now whispering: "I'm gonna tell you my secret. I've tried many jobs at the mountainhomes, but nobody really saw my talent."
Of course, I thought, you don't have any.
"After long considerations on my part, I decided to come here to find my true destiny, which is to lead!"

If it's his destiny, why does he need my help then, I thought. But I didn't continue that discussion, it was terribly boring here anyway, so I just said "Okay I'll see what I can do. I just need reports of what is happening, because I think you won't let me walk around in your hallways, will you?"
"Don't get cheeky there, goblin! I can still drop you and your cage into the magma sea, is that clear?"
I sighed. "Yes sir" i murmured. Then he left and I started looking around. I got the feeling that I would have to stay in this room for a very long time.

Spoiler: how the room looks (click to show/hide)
I came to the conclusion that this wasn't so bad. Or at least better than the animal stockpile. And I even had something to do! "Maybe I can lead this fortress to it's doom by tricking out that stupid dwarf there" I thought.

17th Slate
Next mornig, I was ready for some serious fortress leading!
"So chewie, you surely have now inspected the fortress now a bit. What has been remarkable to you?"
"Well there is a great pile of dead guys laying around outside."
"Ahh yes, the dwarves that were killed by my fellow goblins. Build some coffins for them, so they don't haunt you."
"I've already ordered that!" he said, visibly proud. "but somehow the masons constructing the coffins aren't working very fast."
"How do the workshops look?"
"They're full of tables and chairs that were probably made before my arrival." 
"..."
"What should I do with them?"
"MOVE THEM AWAY, OF COURSE, WHY ARE THEY EVEN THERE?"
"I don't know, but when you say it, I'm gonna put them into the huge empty area deeper in the fort."
"Yes, do that. And then start building coffins and put some dwarves to rest."

22th Slate
"Chewie, throw an animal down into the caverns so it starts exploring them!"
"That's a good idea, but how will it inform us about his discoveries?"
*Sigh* "Just do it."
 "Okay. A groundhog it is, then."

7th Felsite
The groundhog doesn't even move a bit. What a great explorer. Duh.

15th Felsite
"Hey Ngerxung, elves arrived, what should I do?"
"Why are you asking me? I don't know. I'm a goblin. We usually kill elves. Don't know how dwarves deal with them."
"At the mountainhomes our broker always traded with them."
"Then do that."
"But we don't have a broker!"
"Then just send a random guy. Trading isn't that hard. And try to get some of their booze"
"Okay."

It turned out the elves didn't have any booze or anything useful with them at all. Meh.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:45:02 pm by chewie »

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2011, 03:44:36 pm »

YEAR NINE: SUMMER

1st Hematite
Yay, it's summer now and the graveyard is growing. 50 coffins!
Chewie came up with the idea of expanding the dining hall. That's okay from my point. You gotta use those tables.

3rd Hematite
Another dwarf named Lòr Rìsenëlot claimed a workshop and starts collecting stuff. Hopefully he creates something useful.

13th Hematite
A native silver piccolo. Nice try, moron. I'm now starting to write my diary into the wall next to my cage. My fingernails begin to hurt.

1st Malachite
Not much is happening around here, but I got the feeling that something is coming. Chewie said we have tons of silver lying
around and some working magma forges. I advise him to build some sharp silver disks.

30th Malachite
Someday in the last month migrants arrived. Of course they are as competent at work as a sock. Current Population: 53
Quantity goes over quality in dwarfland.

1st Galena
Tried to get a wall built, but those dwarves are a hopeless case.
Spoiler: ...yeah (click to show/hide)

19th Galena
I was just sitting in my room, when suddenly chewie enters.
"Ngerxung, the humans arrived few days ago. Should I start trading?"
"Yes trade for some wood and food. And metal, if possible."
"But we only have bone crafts to trade! Crappy bone crafts to be honest."
I sighed once again. Keeping idiots alive is really tedious.
"Well then forget the metal and buy what you can afford."
"Okay."

Five minutes later he returns.

"Goblin ambush!"
"Great, let them in."
"Oka... wait a second, let them in?"
"Of course you let them in! They're here to trade."
"Oh, that's cool. I'll open the gates now."
 And he's off. That fool.

Another five minutes later:
"I'll neve trust you again when it comes to the defense of the fortress!" Chewie yells while entering.
I quickly stand up, ready for action. "Are they inside?"
"No, they are not. they're waiting outside. Armed to teeth. I saw through your trick, you evil bastard."
"Pff, if you don't trust me I cannot help you."
"SHUT UP!"

YEAR NINE: AUTUMN

Spoiler: the goblin way (click to show/hide)
1st Limestone
Autumn arrives and the goblins are still here and just standing around outside. So do the humans. I can hear chewie muttering about all of them in his sleep. He sais that his dwarves can't fight, because they are too stupid, so they have to wait until the humans leave. The caravan guards will take the goblins out.

7th Limestone
More goblins have arrived! Sadly a big part of them get caught up in the cage traps, while the rest join their colleagues standing around and wait for the humans. I feel a bit ashamed about the stupidity of my own race.

15th limestone
It seems the goblins aren't any smarter than their target. They don't do anything, they just stand around. All except two have been captured in the cage traps or have been mauled by the weapon traps. Maybe they're discussing tactics or something, but they refuse to move. During the ambush the dwarves keep themselves busy with engraving the whole corridor of the bedroom sector.

17th limestone
Humans are leaving. But they're taking their time.

20th Limestone
Kosoth Artekkud, Dwarven Moron has been possessed. Whatever.

While the dwarf is collecting some bones (Arghh!), the human guards finally take a rush at the last two goblins standing. A pikeman dodges the first goblin's arrows, while the other invader rushes towards him and steps into a cage trap. The human manages to pierce the first gobbos head with his pike. All goblins are now either captured or dead.

3rd Sandstone
Even more migrants arrive. Of course no one is useful for anything. Population: 65

5th Sandstone
That guy who got "moody" (that's how they call it) during the ambush finished his work.

18th Sandstone
I told chewie to expand the aboveground part of the fortress to the south. Maybe in the future this part could become a second entrance.
Spoiler: the area (click to show/hide)

13th Timber
Goblins again. I hope that they finally get in and slaughter everyone. Seriously, the dwarven god must have a strange humour since he protects those dwarves so well. Anyway, chewie sends everyone inside, but one dwarf didn't do it and was pincushioned on his way in. Some animals outside in the pasture, which was placed aboveground got shot also. Neither I nor Chewie care, so we leave them there.

17th Timber
And now the dwarven caravan arrives. Chewie and the whole fortress population look forward to see them taking out my colleagues and to start trading with them.

25th Timber
Spoiler: the goblin way II (click to show/hide)
The dwarven guards don't stand a chance and are shot and crossbowhammered to death. The bowmen are bashing down the last surviving one with their bronze bows while the crossbowmen shoot him. After they killed him, they rush for the entrance to the fort. But before they kill the whole caravan.
The month and the season end.

YEAR NINE: WINTER

1st Moonstone
Winter arrives and the outside is full of goblins. They're just standing around like the last time. The dwarves are waiting
inside. They don't actually have to go outside. They are able to survive inside of the fortress without any problems.
But Chewie is now seriously annoyed by the ambush:
"I don't want to be under siege for the rest of my life! What should I do, goblin?"
"I thought you wouldn't trust me anymore about defense matters?"
"Well I can at least listen to you."
"Well as a warrior I would send all dwarves out and hope they can survive a fair fight."
"Sending all dwarves out! Great idea! Let's do this."
"..."

I knew he was stupid, but such stupidity I've seen the first time in my life. Of course I don't say anything against it since I still want to get out here and the ambush is another oportunity.

2nd Moonstone
Okay I have to be honest, that was quite clever.
He didn't actually send the dwarves into battle, they just went close enough so that the goblins would follow them, and then started to run back in. A hammerman began to chase them, as excepted. Four dwarves werent running fast enough. But it worked, the hammerman has been captured. Now there were still two goblins left. A lasher and a bowman. So it was time for another lure. The lasher was instantly caged after seeing the dwarves coming out, while the crossbowman ran behind them and was heavily punched by stone trap power. He then ran off, passing out from time to time, while dodging every single trap on his way outside.

As I write this, Chewie is sitting on his chair and laughs at me.
"We now have more than 30 prisoners in our animal stockpile. What do you say now, goblin?"
"What are you going to do with them?"
"Nothing I guess. To be honest, I don't like it very much to be leading this fortress, so I'll give the responsibility to another one at the end of this year."
"What will happen to me and the others?"
"The next leader will judge over you and your comrades. But until then I hope you can deliver some good advice to me and I might put in a good word for you."

3rd Moonstone
Chewie decided to designate a hospital because some dwarves were injured during the last ambush. It is built next to the dining hall.

18th Moonstone
Today all aboveground pools have frozen. This is bad, because the dwarves in the hospital refuse to drink alcohol. I advise Chewie to dig into one of the caverns. We have good access to a underground lake there.
"Do you think the injured dwarves are going to drink that?" chewie asks.
"Well, they have to. If not, they will dehydrate."

Oh, and a dwarf got moody again and started collecting bones. I'll never truly understand that phenomen. But I sure know that these dwarves like bones.

28th Moonstone
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, NGERXUNG, THERE'S A GOBLIN AXEMAN RUNNING AROUND IN OUR MAIN HALLWAY!" 
"Wow, wait a second, what could I have done from here? I'm still sitting in a freaking cage. Just tell every dwarf to stay away from the goblin. Then he will probably run out."
"Really?"
"Yes, really."

Well he did run out. Or at least he tried to. He got captured by a cage trap on his way outside. That's what you get for leaving peacefully.

2nd Opal
The dwarf that had a mood now proudly presents the result:
Spoiler: true greatness (click to show/hide)

Chewie told me that there was a snow storm outside. This reminded me that I haven't seen the sun nearly for a whole year. And what about my goblin friends up there? Are they freezing? I don't know.

1st Obsidian
Not much happened during the last month. The diagnoser who died at the beginning of the year and started haunting the dwarves as a ghost was successfully put to rest. As a side matter, our graveyard now holds around 100 coffins, of which a big part are used.

2nd Obsidian
It seems that injureds dwarves refuse to drink water that comes from an underground lake. Their problem.

22nd Obsidian
Another ambush! Chewie acts as usual: He orders all dwarves inside. Two don't make it.

28th Obsidian
It seems that Chewie made some mistakes while expanding the fortress to the southwest. He didn't see a tiny path into the aboveground part of the fortress, where the farms, the refuse stockpile and, most important, an untrapped door are. This door leads straight into the fortress. The door has been shut immediately, but nontheless the goblins have now overgone the majority of our traps. They probably won't enter before the end of the year, but the athmosphere at new years eve won't be so much fun this time. Currently the goblins are shooting down the animals in the pesture.

Chewie said he woudn't extend the time of his leadership just because there's a freaking ambush.
"Seriously, fuck goblins. Sorry, Ngerxung!"
"It's okay."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:14:29 pm by chewie »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2011, 08:03:22 pm »

That was really creative. I like how you chose a goblin instead of a dwarf to narrate.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 01:26:25 am »

Nice writeup. I have the save and I'm on it.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2011, 11:39:05 am »

I have been given command of this fortress at a time of crisis. The goblins are on our doorstep, and the people are demoralized, believing us all to be complete morons. Well, time to prove them wrong!

I trick the goblins into attacking our lowly animals. What the stupid bowgoblins don't understand is that they are expending their ammunition for nothing!

Once their quivers are empty (and all animals are dead) they realize their foolishness and surrender, walking into our cage traps.

Only one goblin remains. I set the civilians upon him.

They lure him into the cage trap field, capturing him. And we only lost one dwarf in the process!

Word of our victory spreads, and migrants arrive!

All kinds of migrants.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2011, 11:55:04 am »

Good to see the graveyard got expanded. Never got around to fill it with coffins :V

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »

How goes the fort Lovechild?

1. Greep (done)
2. billybobfred (done)
3.Darvi (done)
4.SirAaronIII(done)

5.Di (?)
6.Deviled (?)
7.CraftLordDark (?)

8.Kisame (skipped)
9.Chewie (done)

10.LoveChild (taking turn)
11.JohnnyDigs
12.Baron Baconeer
13.Ancre
14.<next>

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2011, 07:19:01 am »

Not very good... My computer caught a virus, it's being fixed now and will be back in a week. The savefile might be lost so you should continue from Chewie's save.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8