Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hacking/Survelliance/AI Games  (Read 3844 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Hacking/Survelliance/AI Games
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:36:42 pm »

So, I need something to fill the empty void, at least until Subversion comes out.

I've already played Uplink and I really enjoyed Endgame: Singularity, but it seems there just aren't enough games like that out there. And by those games, I mean one with:
  • Stealth/Spying elements
  • Involving computers and Swordfish-like hacking (Let me hack into the fire extinguisher to make it explode!)
  • And/Or controlling or fighting an evil Artificial Intelligence (Sort of like SS13)
I don't suppose anyone has any that they'd like to share? D:

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking/Survelliance/AI Games
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 05:59:40 pm »

Well for the spying thing there is covert action which is a very awesome old game made by the creator of civilization. It's abandonware now.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »

If you havn't tried them, Slavehack and Hack: The Game, though I've not tried the latter.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:12:15 pm »

The old classic Covert Action
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 06:17:13 pm »

Well this is just a flash game but it was the first thing that came to mind http://www.kongregate.com/games/nerdook/i-am-an-insane-rogue-ai?acomplete=i+am+an
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:24:53 pm »

May not be "hacky" enough for what you're looking for, but the System Shock games are near the pinnacle of evil AI fighting.  SHODAN makes Hal and GlaDOS look like pansies.  The original game is for DOS and may be somewhat tricky to get to run (dosbox?), but System Shock 2 and the other Dark Engine games have fixes available to run under Vista/7.

KG

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 08:08:05 pm »

Uplink

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 08:35:57 pm »

Uplink
*sigh*
May not be "hacky" enough for what you're looking for, but the System Shock games are near the pinnacle of evil AI fighting.  SHODAN makes Hal and GlaDOS look like pansies.  The original game is for DOS and may be somewhat tricky to get to run (dosbox?), but System Shock 2 and the other Dark Engine games have fixes available to run under Vista/7.

KG
I've actually been meaning to play this. I might check it out now, thanks! :)
Well this is just a flash game but it was the first thing that came to mind http://www.kongregate.com/games/nerdook/i-am-an-insane-rogue-ai?acomplete=i+am+an
"I must not harm humans. Excessively."
Well for the spying thing there is covert action which is a very awesome old game made by the creator of civilization. It's abandonware now.
I've heard other people talk about this game, and I believe there's a thread on it. It sounds right down my alley, actually.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 08:41:53 pm »

Kikoskia made an LP out of Covert Action
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 08:43:40 pm »

Yeah, he has a very interesting voice. : O

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 01:11:55 am »

KG
I've actually been meaning to play this. I might check it out now, thanks! :)

No problem, PM if you need any help getting them to run.  Off the top of my head, I think SS2 just needs a fix for running on dual or quad systems + compatibility mode.

KG

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 04:21:46 pm »

This.
Also slavehack is worth a try.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 09:33:32 pm »

Hacker: Evolution
It's basically Uplink but more so. In fact too much for my tastes.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 06:54:57 pm »

Street Hacker,

Uplink boosted on steroid with artificial computer with full detail on how you run program and so on. You actually have to move inside building to get access to internet, they can trace you back where you are, call the guard and you have to flee.

Another good game that went unoticed due to big devlopers shadow.

http://streethacker.com/
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 05:47:10 pm »

Street Hacker took a moment to get into, but it was fun once I got the hang of it. Unfortunately, once I got the hang of it, the demo ended.

I think Subversion will be much like the end product of this game, but even further than that; according to the screenshots in-production. As fun Street Hacker was, I'll wait until Subversion. Then again, the price can also determine whether I get one or the other.

EDIT:
Been awhile since I last posted. I'm editing my post instead.

Any news about Subversion lately?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:24:15 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: [1] 2