Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hacking/Survelliance/AI Games  (Read 3836 times)

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking/Survelliance/AI Games
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 09:16:20 pm »

EDIT:
Been awhile since I last posted. I'm editing my post instead.

Any news about Subversion lately?

Last update I get from Google was from August of 2010. Looks dead. Also, any time I look for a hacking game all I get is some cheating thingy for MW2 or whatever.

Although...
>_>
<_<

Alright, you've earned it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxvzohNPt2M

Before you go to your private study to salivate over this video,it's been dead for a good 2 years now!

^_^

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 09:23:18 pm »

Quote from: Subversion Forums
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: A much needed Status Update
Time for an update.

All is good, the best it's been for a long time. We have undoubtedly "gone dark", ie we are not posting news or blog updates at the moment, but we are enjoying some of the best times I've ever experienced at Introversion. It feels like we're back to the old days - just a handful of us, working on the next game at our homes, looking forward to the release. No multiplayer sequels, console ports of existing games or anything like that to worry about - just the Next Game, an original work. No more mining our 2005 successes. Financially all is good, we had a(nother) great Steam promotion over xmas, and we're even hiring some freelancers on the Next Game. It hasn't felt this good since Defcon to be honest.

After part 20 of the Subversion blog, which roughly coincided with the live demos of Subversion at World of Love, I decided it was time to stop writing quite so publicly about the process. I also decided I wasn't going to write about that decision either. For a long while, writing publicly about Subversion was the right thing to do, and I got a lot of satisfaction out of it. But that has changed now, and I've got other priorities at Introversion at the moment. I'm a selfish individual really, blogs get written when I want to write them I'm certain there will be future blogs, just not right now.

I'm not going to make any promises or be pushed into estimating dates or anything, because we all know how that always ends up. But we've got some good stuff coming, and I don't just mean Subversion. We've some surprises up our sleeves too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chandos

• Bay Watcher
  • bork bork bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 10:41:51 pm »

I downloaded Covert Action but can't play it, due to my Win 7 being 64bit. Compatibility mode didn't help either. Any ideas on how to get around that?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 10:55:10 pm »

Go to Defcon.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 05:28:34 am »

I downloaded Covert Action but can't play it, due to my Win 7 being 64bit. Compatibility mode didn't help either. Any ideas on how to get around that?

Download Dosbox (Hyperlink is the download link)

When you've started DOSBox up, look for where Covert Action is installed and point DOSBox at that folder. E.g. If Covert Action was located in the path: C:\Program Files\Covert Action

Type this in to DOSBox:

mount C C:\Progra~1\Covert~1 (The ~ is there because it can't handle more than 6 characters in a single folder/file)
C: (This tells the programme to go to the C: drive, which will mean it is looking inside your Covert Action folder)
COVERT.exe (This tells the programme to run 'Covert.exe', which should start the game)

Chandos

• Bay Watcher
  • bork bork bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »

Oh and not to forget The Third Courier by Accolade.
http://www.myabandonware.com/game/the-third-courier-sc

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 08:31:55 pm »

Download Dosbox (Hyperlink is the download link)

When you've started DOSBox up, look for where Covert Action is installed and point DOSBox at that folder. E.g. If Covert Action was located in the path: C:\Program Files\Covert Action

Type this in to DOSBox:

mount C C:\Progra~1\Covert~1 (The ~ is there because it can't handle more than 6 characters in a single folder/file)
C: (This tells the programme to go to the C: drive, which will mean it is looking inside your Covert Action folder)
COVERT.exe (This tells the programme to run 'Covert.exe', which should start the game)
Alternatively, you can always get the D-Fend Reloaded DOSBox frontend (what I use on top of the most recent DOSBox) if you want a more user-friendly interface to get things setup (including allowing/forcing windowed modes and having adjustable settings you can see).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:33:35 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 [2]