Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: You are ADVENTURE MAN!  (Read 15283 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are ADVENTURE MAN!
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2011, 04:26:10 pm »

Say hi!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2011, 05:30:25 pm »

You shout at the dwarf, "Hi!" Just as you did with the goblin wizard. Menacingly, it jumps around and charges at you.

What will you do?

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

(Ignore what I said about not being able to fireball it, I just reread that bit of the rulebook and found that I was wrong. By the way, fireballs can be charged.)
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2011, 01:45:19 am »

Charge up a fireball.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2011, 07:34:52 am »

As the Dwarf charges you, you try to begin charging a fireball, but you can't quite seem to make one form. However, as it is around ten yards away from you, you manage to manifest one in your hands. He is a mere three yards away from you when you fire it at him and it hits his armour. Sadly, his armour saves him and he gets within axe range of you. He takes a swing at you, but misses as the axe goes just over your head. You respond by drawing your sword and preparing for battle. He swings at you again and you block the attack, creating a large dent in your buckler. Combat commences and your buckler takes a beating, and so does the Dwarf's armour. *Clang* Another hit on his armour bounces off, you need to target an unprotected place. Once you see an opening, you target his throat and get a hit in, albeit a weak one. Blood drips from his neck, and the Dwarf looks scared.

It tries it's hardest to stagger away from you. What will you do?

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2011, 07:36:26 am »

>KILL!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2011, 08:28:26 am »

You run as fast as you can after the dwarf, impeded by all the weight you are carrying. Thankfully, your running skill pays off and you catch up to it in time to draw it back into the combat. You swing at it upon catching it up and it tries to parry your attack with it's axe, failing hopelessly. As it readies it's weapon again you attack once more, aiming for the neck again but missing. It strikes you in the chest and cuts deep, knocking you back. You prepare a strong defence and when he attacks you again you knock the weapon out of his hand. It tries to run away from you into the woods but you cast a Create Fire spell and the air around him bursts into flames. Somehow, he carries on waddling away from you as fast as his little legs can carry him and disappears into the woods.

You take his axe and carry on heading to the farm. Upon arriving you are nearly passing out from not being able to get enough food, and you plead for help. Your parents agree to let you stay, but seeing as you have 'left for the city' you will have to pay rent while you are there. They don't charge you as much as you would have to pay at the city, a mere 100f per week. Having no other choice, you agree and spend the time resting your injuries.

After a week, one of your sisters informs you that someone that might interest you appears to be approaching. You head outside and see a woman, not much older than you, flying quickly down the path towards your house. Upon getting closer, you can see that she is wearing black, rather badly fitted robes and is holding a quarterstaff. She  lands jsut before you and quickly begins introducing herself.

"Greetings! I'm Katrina, a mage from the town of Aldell."

What will you do?

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2011, 08:31:15 am »

Talk to her.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2011, 08:31:42 am »

Saying what, exactly?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2011, 08:33:09 am »

I don't know... :-\

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2011, 08:53:39 am »

"Hello, I am (our name), and I am a novice adventurer. Is there any reason why you are here?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2011, 09:54:08 am »

You nearly freeze up, seeing as you are terrible with women. Luckily, you manage to pull yourself together and find something to say.

"Hello, I'm Antione Morrish, a novice adventurer. Is there any reason why you are here?" you say, wondering what she is here for.

"Ah good, I've been looking for an adventurer to help me with a certain quest. The eccentric wizard Xarn is a recluse. His most notable feature is in fact a lack of one. His hand, missing from some terrible accident, is still a living visible stump. His tower is visible from town. And his rare visitations to town always cause quite a stir. The rumors have it, that he is tinkering with the fabric of life. Others say his is looking for his lost hand. Others say his is ripping through the fabric of Reality. Most figure that he's stark raving mad, others suspect incredible genius. A month ago he walked into Luckys tavern, and bewitched the inn-keeper, Lucky, to tell all new-comers of a challenge he has issued.

I would go alone, but I am terrible in combat and need an adventurer to come with me. I can provide food for us with a Create Food spell. I just need someone to fight off any monsters that may hinder me. Will you come with me to Aldell to hear the challenge?"

You agree, and leave almost immediately. Heading for Aldell.

Upon arriving there you find it a medium sized town, walled off with tall walls. Katrina heads off to Lucky's Tavern, where will you go? (Remember, you have a lot of loot to sell)

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2011, 09:58:33 am »

THE MARKET!

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2011, 10:07:33 am »

THE MARKET!
Time to sell our phat loot!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2011, 10:39:13 am »

Sadly, the town isn't large enough to have a market, but it is large enough to have various shops that should be able to buy and sell the things you need to.

After spending the day selling your loot, you have earned the following amount of money:
Axe - 20
Flaming Axe - 200
Large Knife - 16
Boots - 32
Hooded Tunic, Winter - 36
Gems - 80
Robe - 173
Magical Tablets - 2400
Total: 2957

It will cost 150f to stay in town for the week.

What do you want to buy? I suggest that you get your buckler repaired as well, it is badly damaged.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2011, 10:41:22 am »