Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: You are ADVENTURE MAN!  (Read 15274 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
You are ADVENTURE MAN!
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:06:52 pm »

Yes, once again, you will be embarking upon epic adventures. Bay 12, you are truly blessed. In this game you will be fighting horrible beasts and upgrading your equipment and skills (and possibly even gaining allies).

Firstly, you must choose your class! Knight, Mage or Ranger?

A few notes on the setting: this is generic fantasy world #1846, except there are no civilized races beyond humans. Dwarves, Elves, etc. do exist, but live in their dwellings as barbaric races. Also, this is a medium-fantasy world; magic exists and can be used by anyone but will require great skill to use effectively. As a general rule of thumb: only mages can use magic in combat, but anyone (with training) can use it outside of combat.

This is primarily to enhance my knowledge of GURPS in preparation for the campaign I'm running, but it should be good fun.

Feel free to post some extra stuff you want about the character, it's not like there are many rules in place at this moment in time.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are ADVENTURE MAN!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 05:10:16 pm »

KNIGHT!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:10:26 pm »

Knightmage!

Mage!
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:01:45 pm »

Hm, we need a tie-breaker here...
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 06:02:53 pm »

Lets do both!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 06:04:56 pm »

I'll see if I can whip up some rules for this sort of thing, but there are no guarantees that it'll be balanced... :D
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 06:06:27 pm »

Eh, just make it hilarious.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 06:23:04 pm »

Knightmaganger
RANGER
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 06:47:10 pm »

Alright, rules are worked out, character sheet is made. Intro will be tommorow.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 07:17:13 pm »

Knanghere
KNIGHT!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 07:58:01 am »

You are Antione Morrish, a young man with wanderlust unmatched. You grew up on a small farm, making enough money to put bread on the table but you always wanted more. Today, you take up your trusty broadsword and your few known healing spells with the intent of acquiring fortune for your family. You decide to start with the rather large cavern nearby your farm. Goblins have been raiding your farm a lot lately, and you must put a stop to it! You say goodbye to your parents and siblings and set off to conquer the puny goblins. The cavern is about half a day's walk from your farm, but you take extra equipment and rations just in case something were to happen.

You begin walking, and luckily the day is sunny. However, as you get near to the cave (around two hundred feet) you notice a small party of goblins that has gone foraging for food! You suddenly drop down to a crouching position, hoping to hide from these beasts and they don't seem to spot you. Upon looking at them you notice that they are nothing more than forager goblins; they have no armour or weapons beyond their sharp teeth and claws. They have brown eyes, staring blankly at the forest and occasionally showing a small scowl at the lack of food they are finding. They all have a few thin, black, wiry hairs protruding from the top of their heads, noting their insignificance in the goblin hierarchy. You also notice that one of them has a small, badly woven basket with some berries in. You were about to sneak over to the group of seven goblins and attack them when you noticed that one was holding a large knife and looks slightly stronger than the others.

What will you do?

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:06:47 am by Omegastick »
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 08:02:29 am »

Kill the stronger one

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 09:29:35 am »

You try and slowly sneak up to the armed member of the group. Hiding behind ferns and trees, you stealthily slink closer to them. But suddenly you step on a twig and it snaps under your weight. The goblins are alerted! Three goblins sprint away from you, leaping over bushes towards the cave, probably with the intent of telling the others about what has happened.

You draw your broadsword and prepare for the enemy to attack you. The goblins approach and you take a swing at the torso of the armed goblin, slicing it's chest open and spurting blood everywhere. The beast jumps backwards in agony and drops to the ground, dead. Seeing their combatant dead, one of the goblins runs away from the fight and back to the cave. The two remaining goblins swing at you with their claws, one missing entirely and one heading right towards your body. You try to jump out of the way but his punch still connects with full force. Luckily, your leather saves you and you are left with little more than a bruise on your chest.

You swing at the goblins again, but they dodge out of the way of your attack. The two goblins try to attack you again, but your dodging skills allow you to dodge and weave between their badly-aimed attacks at you. Swinging again, you are evaded by the goblins. One leaps at you grabbing onto your arms and weighing you down, while the other tries to kick you but you spin around, throwing his buddy into him. You try to break free from the goblin grappling you but he holds on tightly. His friend tries to bite you but the goblin clinging on to you gets in the way again.

Desperate to get the goblin off of you, you charge into a wall, slamming both yourself and the goblin into he wall, but to no effect. The goblin not holding on to you chases after you but doesn't reach you before you fling your leg into the air, releasing a powerful kick to his face and knocking him unconscious. The goblin on your back sees his friend on the floor and jumps off you, trying to run away. You swing after it but miss and the goblin escapes.

You finish off the unconscious goblin and check the two dead creatures for loot. In total they have 13 copper coins on them.

The sun looks as though it will set in about three hours.

What will you do?

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:47:03 pm »

Bump back to first page.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 01:48:16 pm »

Just waiting for someone else to post an action...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18