Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Airfail the Fortress of Tragedy (Succesion Fort, NEEDS OVERSEER)  (Read 18533 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Airfail the Fortress of Tragedy (Succesion Fort)
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »

Marksdwarf to Elite Marksdwarf
Axedwarf to Axelord, etc.

Oh. My ability to reason seems to be rapidly diminishing. Just the other day, I had to Google how to copy and paste, because I couldn't remember. Maybe I should get more sleep.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2011, 10:58:04 pm »

Perhaps bud, Perhaps

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2011, 01:26:32 am »

23rd of Hematite
   I have began creating ‘Cleaning’ tranches in front of all buildings. Wouldn’t want any acid in these areas.

12th of Malachite
   Although heavy, I have decided we need to rid ourselves of the ridiculous amounts of lead we have, and now all Forges are busy making Lead cages.

10th of Galena
   My trap room is nearly complete. I continue to work on the housing complex, although all the glass floors begin to make me feel like I’m commanding a fortress of stalkers…

15th of Galena
   After a period of grace, two Vile forces came to our fortress! Frogmen and Dark stranglers. They were disgusting creatures. No worthwhile animals to nab either.

16th of Galena
   While our military played with the stranglers, some stupid peasants decided to leave the fort. We have lost more then fifteen to frogmen alone! The Milita rushed over and swiftly gave the frogmen their asses.

18th of Galena
   I with drew everyone to inside the fort. Three more waves of frogs appeared, and I realized it was time to retreat. The siege operators will see what they can do

19th of Galena
   DAMN IT! Another force arrives, Tigers this time. This is beginning to urk me. Its time for the catapults to get into working order.

Here comes Autumn with little improvement… The Catapults are in no position to hit any of the seigers. I hope for better times in autumn.

~~~

Well. This was a bad season. We lost at least fifteen dwarfs, have a ghost, Catapults cant help. We may be screwed, but the trap room is nearly complete

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:18 am »

Fifteen losses from them wandering outside during a siege? There is a 'stay inside' alert / warren set up if necessary.

I don't see anyone signed up, so who's taking the next turns? I'm up for another..

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:18 am »

Awesome new updates, though you might want to correct the spelling on that first update. Marital, and martial trances are two totally different things. Even if they sound the same. ;)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:22 am »

I believe Aramco wanted to take a turn, and I have requested another when Kzel Jr. is grown up, which would be in 10 years now. The first post could use an update.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 06:58:07 pm »

I have been following this for a while. I hope it doesn't come to a premature end!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2011, 07:06:04 pm »

Warlorf did mention he might have have problems, skipping ahead to next round.

Which is Aramco.

PMing him now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2011, 07:36:57 pm »

Right-o, downloading.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2011, 08:38:18 pm »

And now, for an underwhelming update! (Well, the ending, mostly.)

1st Granite, 130

I just arrived here, at this fortress I was assigned to. It's a very... interesting place, to say the least. Apparently, someone, somewhere along the line, decided it was a good idea to build an entirely above-ground fortress. Ridiculous, I say, but hey, I'm not the one in charge, am I? Oh, wait, I AM. Of course, the king gave me strict orders to keep it an above-ground fort, so, too bad. I guess he's not feeling well, or something. Anyways, the first thing I noticed was that there seems to be a lot of dead stuff. EVERYWHERE. And apparently there was a fire, because the bodies are coated in ashes. I'd have this stuff cleaned up, but... they say... they say that strange creatures attack this place. Not goblins, not elves, not anything you or I are familiar with, but... something else. I don't know how to describe them, but I've heard about one in particular-- one that sounds very bad. You know the elephant? How terribly horrible they are? Their unmatched size and relentlessness? Well, they say that elephants-- elephants who can wear STEEL ARMOR-- live around here. I have to say, if any of those show up, I'm hiding in my room and locking the door. Forever, if the military gets defeated. Luckily I'm a miner, so I'll likely be in the mines if, no when we're attacked.

11th Granite, 130

Now, hang on, where is the Trading Depot? I can't seem to find it. I know we have one, because I can see on my 'magic depot accessibility screen', but I can't locate it. Oh, there it is. I didn't see it under all that stuff. Crisis averted.

14th Granite, 130

Oh no, I just walked into the workshop area. In there was a dwarf-- that dwarf had that look in his eye, that unmistakeable look, the look of a Dwarf in a mood. Why didn't anyone tell me there was a posessed Dwarf?! Well, maybe I can stop him from going insane. Let's see, he seems to want cloth, and gems. I'll have some of each made up real quick.

16th Granite, 130

Alright, his demands have been met. Now, the waiting game begins. Well, he's at a carpenters shop, has cloth, bone, gems, and logs, and is muttering 'Thabumikthag'. I wonder what it'll be?

19th Granite, 130

Well.... he made... he made an... armorstand. It's worth 9,600. Let me write you a quick description of it... There. Done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sure is underwhelming, huh?

And you know what's even more underwhelming? THE GAME JUST CRASHED. Oh, well, I only had 20 days of progress. That's, like, 10 minutes. I'll do it again tommorrow.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2011, 09:07:07 pm »

Technically, weren't we supposed to give him a week to finish up?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2011, 09:23:19 pm »

He gave forewarning, so I expediated the transition slightly.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2011, 02:16:18 pm »

Its alright. I expected for my turn to end. Ill take a much later turn. Turn 10 maybe. On the bright side, I got to see at least twenty trances.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2011, 05:18:46 pm »

Alright, time for the REAL spring update!

(Imma just going to make some copy pasta out of the other update, so I don't have to write a whole new introduction. (But I'll make a line where the new stuff starts, in case you don't want to read it all again.))

1st Granite, 130

I just arrived here, at this fortress I was assigned to. It's a very... interesting place, to say the least. Apparently, someone, somewhere along the line, decided it was a good idea to build an entirely above-ground fortress. Ridiculous, I say, but hey, I'm not the one in charge, am I? Oh, wait, I AM. Of course, the king gave me strict orders to keep it an above-ground fort, so, too bad. I guess he's not feeling well, or something. Anyways, the first thing I noticed was that there seems to be a lot of dead stuff. EVERYWHERE. And apparently there was a fire, because the bodies are coated in ashes. I'd have this stuff cleaned up, but... they say... they say that strange creatures attack this place. Not goblins, not elves, not anything you or I are familiar with, but... something else. I don't know how to describe them, but I've heard about one in particular-- one that sounds very bad. You know the elephant? How terribly horrible they are? Their unmatched size and relentlessness? Well, they say that elephants-- elephants who can wear STEEL ARMOR-- live around here. I have to say, if any of those show up, I'm hiding in my room and locking the door. Forever, if the military gets defeated. Luckily I'm a miner, so I'll likely be in the mines if, no when we're attacked.

11th Granite, 130

Now, hang on, where is the Trading Depot? I can't seem to find it. I know we have one, because I can see on my 'magic depot accessibility screen', but I can't locate it. Oh, there it is. I didn't see it under all that stuff. Crisis averted.

14th Granite, 130

Oh no, I just walked into the workshop area. In there was a dwarf-- that dwarf had that look in his eye, that unmistakable look, the look of a Dwarf in a mood. Why didn't anyone tell me there was a possessed Dwarf?! Well, maybe I can stop him from going insane. Let's see, he seems to want cloth, and gems. I'll have some of each made up real quick.

16th Granite, 130

Alright, his demands have been met. Now, the waiting game begins. Well, he's at a carpenters shop, has cloth, bone, gems, and logs, and is muttering 'Thabumikthag'. I wonder what it'll be?

19th Granite, 130

Well.... he made... he made an... armorstand. It's worth 9,600. Let me write you a quick description of it... There. Done.

20th Granite, 130

A crossbow dwarf grew attached to his steel crossbow today. Not wonderful, but it could've been worse. That could've been a wooden chestplate, or something. (Not to say that I'm equipping our military in wooden armor, because I'm not.) Also, a ghostly milker has risen and is haunting the fortress, how unfortunate. Time to engrave some slabs.

24th Granite, 130

That ghost was put to rest today, now we can all sleep undisturbed. Stupid ghosts.

13th Slate, 130

I started work on a prison today, to keep all those nasty criminals locked up. There are four people currently scheduled for jail time, two of which happen to be dead. I suppose that's... convenient?

15th Slate, 130

And now the jail is complete. That was quick.

21st Slate, 130

YOU KNOW WHAT, MENG?! I DON'T CARE THAT YOUR STUFF IS INACCESSIBLE! GET OVER IT, OR I'LL THROW YOU INTO THE MAGMA!

28th Slate, 130

The mayor ended his mandate today, which is all well, because I hadn't been aware he had made a mandate. Huh. You'd think he'd tell people about this kind of thing.

11th Felsite, 130

Well, that lack of ban was short-lived. Today our mayor banned the export of copper items.

14th Felsite, 130

Y'know, for a place that's supposed to be attack-prone, there has been a remarkable lack of sieges lately an-- AH! A SIEGE! HIDEHIDEHIDE! LOCK THE GATE!LOCK THE- WAIT IT'S ALREADY LOCKED! EVERYONE, HIDEHIDEHIDE- EXCEPT THE MILITARY, YOU GET TO GO FIGHT! EVERYONE ELSE, HIDEHIDEHIDEHIDEHIDE! HA, HA, HA! THAT'S RIGHT MARKSDWARVES! RAIN DEATH UPON OUR ENEMIES! OUR ARROWS SHALL BLOCK THE SUN! Yeah! We killed 'em all! And only one military dwarf was crippled! Success! Awesome! "I am become Dwarf, destroyer of worlds!"

And that's it for the Spring update.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2011, 06:45:57 pm »

Grats sir, You dealt with the seige well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12